• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
All these guests. This is wonderful... now if only we could get that many users on and keep this thread alive!

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention it has nearly nothing to do with basic brawl anymore haha
Which is precisely why something as a "social thread" should be in order.

I've said it before (and was ignored every time, to no surprise) that lately, 85% of what gets posted here is spam/off-topic/entirely without relevance and should be taken to PMs, a chat room, FB, Skype, i.e. anywhere BUT here.

It's extremely frustrating to those of us actually trying to utilize this thread for its original intended purpose when it's being litttered by having page after page of cake pictures, telling everyone about your day at work, engaging in ridiculous (pathetic) arguments with one another, etc. That kind of content does not belong here, and it's rudely inconsiderate of anyone to contribute to such derailment of this thread.

I know I'm not soliciting the popular vote here, but this is all becoming a tad absurd now.

It's Basic Brawl, for ****'s sake.

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, two Lucases against two noob Ikes = +7. Haha that was awesome

LOL BOTH IKES LEFT, very nice, next match = freeze. I think I found the alloy hacker

Also yeah @ Periwinkle Periwinkle , but we do have a clan so to speak as of now, however a skype group sounds easily achievable. Twili and Wisdom already use Skype, and I wouldn't mind a group to chat with tbh

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Also yeah @ Periwinkle Periwinkle , but we do have a clan so to speak as of now, however a skype group sounds easily achievable. Twili and Wisdom already use Skype, and I wouldn't mind a group to chat with tbh
Yeah, I get that a lot of you are chummy with one another here, but it's still no excuse to spam the thread, is it? Migration to a Skype group should've happened long ago, and as the spam becomes more and more prevelant, so does my realization that it needs to stop so others who aren't in your "clan" can continue using this thread for what it's meant.

Not trying to instigate or anything, just speaking what needs to be spoken.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I think a social thread would be best. Even though I was a part of all that spam, I do agree that this is getting kind of ridiculous now.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Someone had to say it....

Tis true though. After what happened last night, my thoughts on a basic brawl friend club changed. Drama n stuff. Me no likey.

I'm sure its not too late to open up a basic brawl social thread, or something of the sort.
U guys were pretty funny tho.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Someone had to say it....

Tis true though. After what happened last night, my thoughts on a basic brawl friend club changed. Drama n stuff. Me no likey.

I'm sure its not too late to open up a basic brawl social thread, or something of the sort.
U guys were pretty funny tho.
You don't like me anymore metal? but I thought we were bros.....bro. :p

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Seen that before, lol. Pretty much sums it all up I suppose.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
So all of us that's been spamming the thread with random things are just gonna make a group chat on skype? Fine by me.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Wow, I leave town for two days and just come back to THIS welcoming atmosphere!

Should I make a general discussion/social thread? While I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having a Brawl Online General Discussion thread possibly be my sole piece of Smashboards legacy, if people will use it, why not? That way EVERYONE who partook of the epic spamfest will be sure to easily find their way back, and this thread will remain pure and unsullied (well, what hasn't already been sullied… which isn't that much… damn, we're good).

Yeah?

What do you guys say?

Now if you'll excuse me, after almost three days of nonexistent internet out in the sticks, I'm gonna hop onto some BB!

Leopard Print Snake because why not? Haha.

Will report any good fights!

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
That or I think they're suggesting we could also make a group chat on Skype.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Sure.

Or BOTH.

I don't mind too much either way.

… Also… no luck with groups so far. Laggg.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm fine with a thread for us and newcomers, and I'm fine with skype. Would be one heck of a crazy chat if we got a lot of people into it lol.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
If someone would make a Social thread, I'd love to participate. It's just that spamming in this thread is against the rules in the original post.

kaazers

Smash Master
Cool! Keep the thoughts coming! If everyone wants the thread I'll go ahead and make it later tonight.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Both are fine but I think I might prefer skype. Only because its a quicker way to send messages and things like that xD

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Either way's fine >_>
Another reason why I said that is because this site is always so slow for me whereas skype sends my things quicker.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Yeah, the social thread can be where anyone who wants to join in can do so, and skype can be like.. our group thing idk.

But I definitely favor skype c;

kaazers

Smash Master
So the only luck I had so far was this P2 Green Peach on FD with a Jigglypuff and Kirby. We were all kinda fighting but then it sort of got personal with my Ike and her Peach. She was good but we got DC'd after the second round.

Peach… WHY YOU STALL WITH UMBRELLA DURING THE LAST 10 SECONDS? Why? Why when I need to KO yo--- Oh, I guess that's the reason. Fun two rounds, though!

edit: Yeah, it'd be IM. Cause there is no way I'm using voice chat at 3 in the morning… and the sitting room is right smack dab in the middle of all the other rooms. Yeah, I'd get throttled, lol.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Right, there's no need for just voice calls. We can all just IM one another, and use the calls if we really wanted to. c:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
WHAT noooo that's my little happy smile face! D:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
No way can I voice chat late either. I'd definitely get caught. I used to but then I stopped because of... something that happened >_> IM is definitely the way to go.

Top Bottom