• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
If anyone comes across a dark blue yoshi that likes to constantly grab release people....it's me.

BSP

Smash Legend
Nah, that means there would have to be a best and a worst. Nintendo doesn't want that :p

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
If you see a blue Peach it maybe me. I guess I can say I'm guilty for always picking FD with no items.

Well I can't say this on Team Battle since you'll either be blue or red...

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'll obviously look for all of you's since there can't possible be anyone else who chooses the same color and characters as you guys do. =V

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
80% Of the time I'll start off with Blue Peach or I'll pick baby blue Mr. Game & Watch. Those are usually me. Though I have seen some that are prone to do the same before.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
One last thing if you're unsure whether or not I'm the one you encountered:

you'll most definitely know if it's me if the group goes to either a black screen with a long, invisible platform, the Online Practice Stage or Target Smash.

I may be going to Basic Brawl now, but it's hard to confirm if I will or not.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ahahahah @ this green/yellow falco, black sonic, red pikachu, white fox, white kirby

does my pika really scare you that much? Then dont get on the space animals. Especially since you illustioned into my grab range....

you seemed like a nice guy if you just would of been nice to me on your green falcon i would've been ok with you but you decided to be mean to me >: (

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Had an epic Taunt Party that lasted me over an hour xD

I was a Green Zelda/Sheik and a Dark Blue Sonic, and I was with an Olimar/(White, Blue or Black) Marth/Bumblebee Ness and a Red Pika/Jigglypuff. We also took down a crasher.

I'll admit, that crasher's Fox was really good, but the INSTANT he changed to Pika, he became a n00b. How pleasant. -_-

I was with the Olimar guy for almost the entire time, then spent a match with an inactive Zelda and the Jigglypuff on Target Smash. I would've stayed longer but my replay saving on my Wii takes WAY too long (most likely from the hacking, because I forgot about the simple fact that haxxored stages don't save as replays), and by the time it finished saving I got sent back to the main screen.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I'll obviously look for all of you's since there can't possible be anyone else who chooses the same color and characters as you guys do. =V
I can't help but sense the deep sarcasm in that one sentence. Good Games Mike.
You've proved yourself. Now get out. :glare:

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
One last thing if you're unsure whether or not I'm the one you encountered:

you'll most definitely know if it's me if the group goes to either a black screen with a long, invisible platform, the Online Practice Stage or Target Smash.

I may be going to Basic Brawl now, but it's hard to confirm if I will or not.
You're not the only wifi stage hacker, ya know. :U

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
You're not the only wifi stage hacker, ya know. :U
I very much know that, but I meant to say that if you find a Dark Blue Sonic, Saturn Ness, Red Marth or Green Zeleik, in a Taunt Party, using Stage hacks, then there's a 90-95% chance it's me. Is that better? -_-

Sephy95

Smash Lord
be careful about owning someone he might be more than you can handle:) oh yeah double post,. maybe we should all get on B.B. at the same time like 2:00pm E.T. and go on there to see who's who we tell each other to jump and yeah WHO'S WITH ME
I realize that. Infact, its happened quite a few times. Some guys I'm pretty evenly matched with but others completely stop at nothing to make sure I lose. Others I just overwhelm them too much with Marth. Havent been on BB in awhile though. Mostly just been practicing.

mulliegrums

Smash Rookie
I'm new here, kind of. Long time reader, first time poster. This 'Friend Finder' thing is an awesome idea, though! I've been keeping an eye on the replies just in case someone I've ever played with actually DOES post here. SO many awesome people I've met in Basic Brawl, goodness! There's someone in particular I'd really like to find, though..

99% of the time I play as Lucas in BB, and always either regular or 'christmas' (green and red) Lucas. ANYWAY, almost a year ago I spawned into a taunt party consisting of Falco, Peach, and blue cap Ness/Marth or Ike (can't remember which or what colour costume now). Falco and Peach changed characters every match and did nothing but taunt repeatedly/jab us and run away the entire two hours we played. But the Ness and I had tons of fun messing around on the different stages . Whenever the other two would try to hurt me, the Ness would protect me. It sounds kinda dumb but it was tons of fun XD I really hope I find that Ness again. I play every night almost and haven't found them again yet :(

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
'K so I JUST got done playing Basic Brawl. I was having a taunt party.

At first, I was pink zelda, and there was a blue zelda. We played like 20 matches. The blue zelda changed between white bowser, red kirby, red Ike, samus, and a Luigi. I changed between zelda, mario, peach, wario, and some other characters then there was a Wolf (don't remember what color). At first, he seemed cool, but then we had a sudden death and the wolf betrayed me and killed me. Then, the next round, me and the blue zelda teamed up on the wolf. We double-teamed for several matches, until another wolf came in and then we ended up fighting two wolves. My taunt partner quit after that math, though. :((

But before the wolf turned on us, we would always taunt party, and duck to communicate, and abuse items, and stuff. It was a blast. We would do the same taunts an deverything. We would always try to pick the same character, too.

Blue Zelda, if you're reading this, I MISS YOU!!!!!! <3

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
Also, if you wanna find me, I'm.

-always taunt partying.
-picks zelda, peach, ike, kirby and fox mainly
-teams up with other taunters to defeat serious players
-never picks hyrule temple.
-starts defeating other taunters that turn on me.
-uses zelda side b and up or side smash to spam serious players

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
if you want to find me i always pick blue Z.S.S. or blue pikachu (and other's for fun )
pikachu i always do QAC instead of walking
and Z.S.S. i always glide toss 2 part's and hold 1 always that way if i have to fight i can glide toss my pieces. and i fight you if you throw my suit pieces off the cliff.
oh yeah i also pick blue yoshi if your remotely good i will D.R. to show off:awesome:

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
I might as well do this since everybody else has. If you find yourself in a room with a ROB/ green Snake, there is a chance that is me. Ways to tell if it is myself: I usually jab>buffer reverse jab and repeat; I gyro cancel at the begining of a match most of the time; my Snake practices Cypher jumping and on occasion (if I am really bored) I practice C4 teching under the stage. I rarely taunt or duck and I usually stay off to the side.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Well it's nice to meet you mullie and wiiboy! Hopefully we all will meet each other using this thread XD

For now if you want to find me i'm usually Pink Zelda and I ALWAYS choose Bridge of Eldin and sit on the left side of the stage. But if we're on Temple I always sit on the top left of the screen minding my own business or i'll just walk around. At times I'll turn into sheik and DACUS a lot xP

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If you're looking for me, I will be red Lucario until a 4 man taunt party has been completely established.

After that, I'll pretty much use everyone and anyone.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Just because I'm going on again:

Look for a Dark Blue Sonic/Saturn Ness/Red Marth/Green Zelda + Shiek that's in Taunt Parties and uses stage hacks. ^.^

And Happy New Year (from Ontario xD

EDIT @Mullie: My memory of previous Taunt Parties has been foggy, and I actually deleted all my Replays recently, but I may recall protecting a Lucas at one point.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Well,this was creative. :D

Anyways,as of late,I've been using the Gameboy Pokemon Trainer,but I'll also use light blue Marth,Melee black Bowser,Peach(Usually red or Daisy since I have a texture),or black Sheik.
With PT,I mostly use Squirtle and Ivysaur to joke around,and tend to do wall-cling and pivot shenanigans with Squirtle.

I usually just sit back and watch,but if the other guy starts a fight with me....well,let's just hope he can put up one,XD

On that note,don't you hate it when you're trying to fight someone but another player keeps getting in the way? <.<

Edit: And Jiggs with the female trainer's hat.Almost forgot her ^^;

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style

Anyways,as of late,I've been using the Gameboy Pokemon Trainer,but I'll also use light blue Marth,Melee black Bowser,Peach(Usually red or Daisy since I have a texture),or black Sheik.
With PT,I mostly use Squirtle and Ivysaur to joke around,and tend to do wall-cling and pivot shenanigans with Squirtle.

I usually just sit back and watch,but if the other guy starts a fight with me....well,let's just hope he can put up one,XD

On that note,don't you hate it when you're trying to fight someone but another player keeps getting in the way? <.<

Ugh I hate that so much x__x I know they're trying to help sometimes, but it's like i'm trying to get a kill and they just take it away. And the result screen pops up.... :glare:

I'll be sure to look out for ya! :D

mulliegrums

Smash Rookie
EDIT @Mullie: My memory of previous Taunt Parties has been foggy, and I actually deleted all my Replays recently, but I may recall protecting a Lucas at one point.
Ahh, I wish I had saved some replays from when I played with that Ness! I was new to Brawl back then and wasn't even aware there was an option to save them :C It was so long ago I don't remember much of what happened.

And I've encountered a dark blue Sonic/Saturn Ness a couple times, but don't recall any stage hacks so I'm guessing it probably wasn't you..

I'll be the first to admit I'm.. not very good at brawl, though I really do try. Mostly, though, I just like to participate in the taunt partying that goes on in BB haha. So if you ever happen to see a regular/green and red Lucas practising zap jump and being a total idiot there's a good chance it could be me!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
whoever that silly red yoshi/red pikachu was last night you were my hero.

He didnt want a taunt party so we teamed up and crashed our room until everyone else left LOL

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
And I've encountered a dark blue Sonic/Saturn Ness a couple times, but don't recall any stage hacks so I'm guessing it probably wasn't you.
Well, you never know! I didn't start using Homebrew until late December.

If only I kept those replays >.> Because as I've said, in my earlier days of Brawl Wifi (I had Brawl since September 2009 but I had no Wifi access until April 2010), I remember quite a few Lucas' partying with me, a Ness.

Ssonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeartP
Well I guess ill try and go on BB moar.
Im probably gonna be the blue/purple(pink...?) lucas, probably gonna be practicing my zapjumping.
Or ill be red captain falcon or red ganon... alot more people. :3

global-wolf

Smash Champion
These are impossible to remember lol. You'd probably have better luck recalling a set of matches you had or noticing when a same colored character does the same thing a lot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
which is why im starting my own gimmicky cute signals in BB

like being on green pikachu and grabbing an item and crouching with it in my mouth. Then slowly repeating the action. With the item in mouth + crouching since pika is so low to the ground and collision physics, his head angles up if he holds down on his crouch animation LOL

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Character wise I'll probably use anyone maybe Marf, Falco & Snake mostly
Color for characters tho
Blue: :pikachu2: :gw: :mario2: :ness:
Green: everyone not listed in other spots
White: :dk: :dedede: :wolf: :luigi2: :metaknight: :warioc: :link: :sheilda: :pt: ICs and :ganondorf: AKA Oldendorf
Dark/Black: :marth: :pit: :bowser:
Gold: Sonic
Signs:
*Pivot Walking for lulz (with Marth and Falco mostly but not only.)
*Passive never starts fights
*sometimes Up B->bombed get the second up B (Snake & toon link not as much Link.)
*Glide tossing (with characters with glide tossing that is) when items are on and or Glide tossing Nanars,Gyro and Nades as Diddy,ROB and Snake (and Wheels with Wario)
*If im Snake at Shadow Moses Island i'll codex before it ends i'll running then dash attacking offscreen and continue this intil
A. time runs out
B. Im too Slow or some BS that allows [Insert MGS character here] them to finish the Snake Snake SNAKE thing or whatever they do whn you die on Codex
I'll come up with more later.

Sephy95

Smash Lord

I think every1 hates it wen some1 gets in the way. Sometimes I end of getting killed cuz the moron hit me!

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I just start hitting everyone which turns into a brawl [omg the name had a purpose!]. Then once the match starts again I go off to the side and start taunting again :p But this is only on FD since I end up on that stage a lot.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I think every1 hates it wen some1 gets in the way. Sometimes I end of getting killed cuz the moron hit me!
Ugh.I know that feeling all too well.For me,it's when I'm trying to do a chaingrab on the poor fool looking for a fight(Yes,I'll CG online with DDD.Sue me,XD).

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I two know the feeling...
Also I got some more
-jab cancelling (generally with Falcon,Falco but limited to just them)
-jab walking
-just jab turning opposite jab continue
(^ might do something by accident for some of those if theres lotsa spaghetti lag)
-pivot grabbing (if theres no fighting i'll generally do this to the side or try and make so I actually don't grab someone)
-Pink Lucas zap jumping
-Usually stay out of actually fighting unless opponent is extremely aggressive to me or all the other partiers. <.<
-If theres two crashers and one partier besides me i'll protect the 2 crashers
-wall jumping/clinging
-Crawling shanigins (with Diddy,Luigi,Lucario and Snake

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Now I wanna find someone else. This morning I got up around 6am so I started playing brawl online BB. So I spawn into the Bridge of Eldin stage but the Star Wolf Assault music was playing. I was like WTF?! And someone spawned in as Wario Man so it was obviously him doing it. He then proceeded to punish all of us and MOSTLY me for some reason. He would go after other characters like a JPuff who he utterly destroyed. His Wario Man powers eventually wore off and everybody wanted revenge. Mostly me. I was a red Ike in the temple stage now, I had a smash ball and I knew what to do. I immediately hit him with Great Aether, though it didnt kill him I still felt satisfied. Everyone just watched as I did it. We were eventually DC'd. If you're out there Wario Man Music stage hacker, I hope you see this.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
i had like 100 hack's one of them was on team battle 3 lucas that was all on green team and move as one,and the song was new pork city, it was when brawl just came out so of course i lost :glare:

and another one when DK and DDK was one person playing both of them and dk music was on every stage

and another when the camera was on every one zoom in so it just went anywhere at any time :awesome:

and giga bowser that's common so is practice stage and target stage.

i had a no stage hack where there was a random stage and nothing but darkness and i recorded it but brawl only record's the button's so because there was no stage there it just made one up so every time you watch it someone else wins :awesome: it's more but im boring all of you to death:)

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Man...I haven't been in a hack stage in BB in forever. You guys get all the fun. :urg:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Excuse this double post.

So...I just got out of a taunt party. I was first Black Falcon with a Meta Knight, Zelda and I believe it was Sonic. I switched from black falcon to red then pink and after that I changed into peach. Meta Knight, Zelda and the other person hung out for awhile. Afterwards the other person (he kept switching a lot), changed into pink suit samus then blue bowser. Bowser and I were goofing around in New Pork City trying to tech the walls after being bitten by the chimera. Then everyone got on the limo, but only meta knight could reach the other edge. I tried to umbrella everyone up but the rest of us died. xP

Meta Knight left and it was only me, zelda and the other guy who was now wario. I was this close to crashing but then i decided to wait another match. After that a new person came in (a sonic) and we all started choosing ZSS until the sonic player chose ganon. I left the match after showing off in PS1 with the ledge run and the ZSS's tried to copy.

TL;DR - I actually had fun with the Zelda player. He/She helped me get back up on Distant Planet (he/she actually saved me a lot from SDing) using Din's fire and we seemed to get pretty close when he/she turned into purple suit samus and i was green suit samus. I wanna meet that player again as well as the pink suit samus :]

Top Bottom