• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is the blue Zelda. If you were a green hatted Jigglypuff on FD matches, I'm sorry our 'Taunt party' ganged you even though you were harmless and did nothing to stop my party. They were pretty much ganging every new person who entered the room... anyway, thanks for staying even after the party broke up and mostly everyone left.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
bodied a multi colored ike/green white luigi/yellow gw/red yoshi

he raged quit as we loaded the next match

next time you upb me on luigi and get upset that i come back and kill you dont come getting salty at me. I was chilling out by myself untill you pissed me off by killing me. Also not my fault you got 2 stocked the very next game.

the two taunt party goers were a black marth and black ness

Try harder kid

link2702

Smash Champion
ggs to whoever that black marth was....

you actually reminded me of what i liked about brawl before i stopped playign it competitively 2 years ago, IDK who u were but u definatly weren't a run of the mill player....X_X...i was the green pit.....

:/ went metaknight that one match.....hoping for an easy kill....ya i kno the other players who kept getting in the way with their item fests was annoying but still, trying to go meta for an easy win....? besides u did waaaaay better as marth anyway.

sometimes its always interesting to find a really good/decent player pop up in a basic brawl...

FIREL

Smash Ace
bodied a multi colored ike/green white luigi/yellow gw/red yoshi

he raged quit as we loaded the next match

next time you upb me on luigi and get upset that i come back and kill you dont come getting salty at me. I was chilling out by myself untill you pissed me off by killing me. Also not my fault you got 2 stocked the very next game.

the two taunt party goers were a black marth and black ness

Try harder kid
Was the luigi any good?

Anyways, were any of you a very good green bandana pikachu? I was the Fire Luigi (White, not the one above) and Blue-Goggled Pikachu.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i use green bandana pikachu

the luigi was decent, he didnt luigi tornado really nor abuse upb much

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Was on the Smashville stage with neutral Mario, Bowser, red Peach, and myself white Peach. Red Peach completely focused on me and Mario and Bowser attacked anyone they felt like. That match went really well. I won with 3 KOs and my damage percent at 186% and not being KOed. Not sure if the red Peach was the same one that would focus on me entirely like in the past.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I was in a match with a King Dedede, a Fox, and a ZSS (Me). The Fox looked afk so we ignored it while the KDDD player and I were fighting. Just when we were around 100 damage and the battle was about the end, the Fox player came to life and started mashing the smash button at us, killing the King Dedede player and I got pretty pissed off after that so I let the KDDD player and the Fox player fight even though it was pretty useless since the match was about to end.

I didn't think there were players who'd wait until the other players weakened themselves to land the final blow. Well, I guess it was pretty amusing even though I raged quit. I don't usually fight that hard (if at all) so I got pissed off when my kill was taken. *shrugs* Oh well. Cheers to the two players.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I was in a match with a King Dedede, a Fox, and a ZSS (Me). The Fox looked afk so we ignored it while the KDDD player and I were fighting. Just when we were around 100 damage and the battle was about the end, the Fox player came to life and started mashing the smash button at us, killing the King Dedede player and I got pretty pissed off after that so I let the KDDD player and the Fox player fight even though it was pretty useless since the match was about to end.

I didn't think there were players who'd wait until the other players weakened themselves to land the final blow. Well, I guess it was pretty amusing even though I raged quit. I don't usually fight that hard (if at all) so I got pissed off when my kill was taken. *shrugs* Oh well. Cheers to the two players.
I encounter a lot of those players. I hate it too especially when they got characters with the fast and strong smash attacks. It sucks when my kills get stolen because I have to build damage with moderate or high damage while avoiding being KOed by the player I was fighter in addition to the one that goes for kills while waiting. I attack that player too.

Volkenn

Smash Rookie
herp derp

I have played Basic Brawl every single day for six months, after rediscovering what a fun pastime it is, and the fact that a small communications method has evolved over the time it has existed.

I just registered here simply because of this topic. Because I play so often, I really wish I could know that some of you won't just disappear when Brawl becomes old and no one plays anymore.

I play as a red Wolf, every single match. I stay away from group brawls because I really prefer one on ones, and I enjoy it when people understand that I want to fight them friendly.

I've also never seen another person who consistently plays as a red Wolf, so if any of you see one, it's probably me.

There are a ton of people I see very often, that I am sure are the same ones.

- Someone who plays gold costumes on every character they use, especially Ike and Pit
- A very skilled Peach player who switches between White / Red / Green
- A brown / green Lucas
- A skilled, and very 'sagely' Black and White Zelda, who never attacks unless her 'friends' are under fire.
- A white Kirby who always aligns with me
- A black ZSS player who *is really really good*

and a lot of others that would be pointless to mention.

The sad part is, I feel like I know these people, yet I realize i'll probably never meet them.

Yesterday, I played for FIVE HOURS with a person who mimic'd my Wolf. They entered the first match as a blue ZSS, and after that was a blue wolf, and then a few matches later switched to red which is the costume I always use. We spent that entire time either playing around with each other, squatting and staring or just having fun, or beating up other people who happened to enter the match. 95% of the matches also had one of the players as a red Zelda, who consistently remained completely docile and aligned with us the entire time.

Halfway through this time, the Wolf player switched to a green ZSS, at which point I stopped responding, and then two matches later they mimic'd my Wolf again, and we went on par usual.

If I could ever meet the person who played that Wolf, I wish I could tell them thank you. In all the time that I have played, I never met someone as friendly as you. The fact you stayed with me, and fought with me, made me happy.

It's just a stupid game, but it meant a lot. :I

Finny

Smash Apprentice
I was in a room with someone who was consistently picking red wolf tonight. I stuck around for about an hour before I lost my connection as the next match was loading. There was also a crasher green fox and another player who used gold ike and many other characters. I was a very passive purple diddy/ddd, and I almost always avoided any fighting, sometimes by wallclinging under the lip of FD. When I had enough space, I would dribble nanas, RPGC, fire my popgun off of the edge, and dash dance/foxtrot. I seldom taunted or ducked, and went to the other side of the stage when the fighting got close. I sometimes stage hack when I go online, and I was trying to put us on the target test stage, but everyone else kept picking FD, so it didn't happen. P3 became friendly after a while, and a couple other taunters (one being a snake/white marth) came and went. Were you the red wolf Volkenn?

EDIT: P3 was the green fox

Volkenn

Smash Rookie
Yep that was me~

You also chaingrabbed the snot out of someone near the start if I remember correctly.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
haha yes I remember doing that, and thanks for jumping out of the way when I got near you. Sometimes I'll start doing a wall infinite or something on a crasher, and then one of my "friends" will "help" and end up ruining it.

Anyway, if I see you again, and it's a full taunt party, I might side taunt in the upper right of temple to signal that we can have a friendly 1v1. I'm almost always on purple diddy/ddd, and I rarely taunt or duck, so it should be easy to tell it's me.

Volkenn

Smash Rookie
Awesomeee <3

and yeah, getting in the way isn't my thing. if I see someone is trying to do something on their own, I just let them be. Mainly because it always grinds me the wrong way when people jump in the middle of what i'm doing.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
My friend and I were on Skype and we just happened to be on Wi-Fi on Basic Brawl and somehow by a stroke of luck, we were put into the same room after some time. It was pretty amusing even though she was afk 60% of the time. I tried moving her to a distant location since there was a crasher and he seemed desperate enough to run all the way there and push her off. The crasher was really annoying so I decided to be annoying too until he finally left. *sigh*

But that was really cool. *was a Green/Blue Zelda and she was a Blue Kirby*.

Volkenn

Smash Rookie
Does your blue kirby friend also use white peach? I happened into a match last night where two very spammy zeldas were team attacking a blue kirby, and after I started helping the kirby it morphed into white peach. :I

I think I have seen them before, but just wondering.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Does your blue kirby friend also use white peach? I happened into a match last night where two very spammy zeldas were team attacking a blue kirby, and after I started helping the kirby it morphed into white peach. :I

I think I have seen them before, but just wondering.
Just spoke to her now, apparently, she's sure she was that blue Kirby and changed to a White Peach because she wanted to be a human-ish character as well.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Fire Weegee ...
Gold Link knew Dacus and the short hop clawshot... on March 15, 2011
He was also doing several aerials + fastfall.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I was in a room full of Zeldas yesterday with my friend I mentioned earlier.... all all of us were Zeldas and if someone left and someone else joined... they'd feel out of place and pick Zelda too. My friend and I thought the red Zelda was pretty cool even though he/she did very little other than keep a distance away from us or walk with the stage and taunt once in a while. ^^'

Interesting day. Shoutout to that Red Zelda who stayed with us until we disconnected many hours later.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Had an interesting long night. Joined a room with a couple blue Zelda and neutral Marth. I was red Peach and the 4th was constant crashers. I had 1 vs 1 with all of them and quickly chased them away until another crasher came. That lasted for 5 hours until we got disconnected in the practice stage.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I also had a long night. I was a Green Marth and joined a room with a friendly Ike/Capt. Falcon, a friendly Zelda/Sheik, and another Zelda/Sheik. I accidentally hit one of the Zelda/Sheiks with my Shield Breaker which led to him/her attacking me. After a few matches bein' double teamed on, that person left and a friendly Pikachu entered. After a few matches of doin' nothin' the friendly Ike/Falcon decided to attack and it pained me to have to fight him. He left after gettin' wailed on. A friendly red Peach then joined. Pretty soon my so called teammate Zelda/Sheik started attackin now and I had no choice but to fight him/her. That person also left after gettin' beat down. A friendly green camou Snake then entered. I realized I was the only one left of the original group and figured I would soon start attackin'. I eventually did, findin' the perfect opportunity in the Mario Bros. stage. It ended with me and the Snake in SD and I coming out the victor. I then left...

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Who was that good Luigi/Ness/King Dedede who infinited a Link or something with me and then managed to get multiple regrabs on a Kirby? We were taken to a Target test stage twice.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
How to find me (I'm pretty obvious)...

I am a red Peach that minds my own business and do glitches every match, unless I'm AFC (away from controller). Occasionally I pick a red Ganondorf when I get annoyed by crashers/FFAs. I always pick red as a color for someone if available.

Now sometimes I switch to a different character just to do glitches with them specifically, like a red flower Jiggs for the Giga Jigglypuff glitch or red Sheik for the infinite chain reaction sound glitch.

THAT ASIDE, shoutout to these people...
I had an interesting group that bewildered me to no end. A Snake guarded a Zelda player from me who thought I was a crasher. I tried getting close to him but every time he would just roll or something and frequently grab me, pummel me twice, and lay me down when he got the chance. Sometimes I got annoyed and attacked him, causing him to always attack me, and Zelda did sometimes too. There was also a Pikachu player who did nothing but crawl and follow Snake, while Snake trying to "avoid" him. Kinda cute, actually! He eventually picked Pit on Bridge of Eldin. After Zelda left it turned around. Snake didn't guard the next round of players because they thought he was no good for always choking me. The Pika/Pit player picked ZSS eventually if I recall and just randomly started beating me because when I die I ask the Snake player to keep the score even... but he's one of those idiotic folk who didn't know what I was doing, not because I was a bad guy.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I really anger a player who would constantly switch between Fox, Falco, and Wolf. Since I would do chain grabs on them and brought their percentage to 60-80% after finishing it with Utilt or Fsmash. (Not my fault they have fast fall speeds.) As well as gimping their recover with Turnips or edge hog when they try Fire Fox, Fire Bird, and Fire Wolf.

Now I'm starting to switch the color of Peaches costume instead of always using white. I just will never use the Daisy one.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
While I felt like showing Taunt Parties on Wifi the Target Test and other stages on Wifi for the heck of it as a Blue Peach, met a Lucas and a Ness who didn't feel like dying on Super Sudden Death and would keep healing each other while me and another player waited... and waited...

Wonderful. Yeah, the match hasn't ended yet either and I can only imagine how the Luigi is feeling.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Ahhh ragequits. The symbol of a players realization that they suck and can't beat you for ****. They decide if they can't beat you, they'll annoy you by quitting right before the start of a match on practice...

Dyclone

Smash Ace
A while back i remember having a TB that turned into a taunt party. it's probably because if you got the Kirby player on your team you had no chance. i still question how a TB can turn into a taunt party

FIREL

Smash Ace
A while back i remember having a TB that turned into a taunt party. it's probably because if you got the Kirby player on your team you had no chance. i still question how a TB can turn into a taunt party
It's really stupid, if theres a taunt party on TB... i only go there to fight.

Top Bottom