• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Hm... as link I am kind of the opposite as I mostly use B, both to kill and damage. when i do use A is to either knock my opponent back into a distance or to K.O. my opponent.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
I'm not trying to make a generalization about all b moves, their usefulness is different for every character. And whether or not he likes to use sl is irrelevant to whether or not it would improve his gameplay. I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but sl is meta's overall best move. Anyone who is serious about improving as an mk main should use it to its full potential, not just simply to recover. And besides that, we're kind of off topic.

link2702

Smash Champion
ggs to whoever that tlink/kirby player was, although i think i have a good idea who it might of been..

either way if it wasn't the guy i'm thinking it was...

ggs anyway, rare to find a toonlink that actually knows what he's doing, most are morons who spam dair and hsi forward smash hoping they'll hit..

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
ggs to whoever that tlink/kirby player was, although i think i have a good idea who it might of been..

either way if it wasn't the guy i'm thinking it was...

ggs anyway, rare to find a toonlink that actually knows what he's doing, most are morons who spam dair and hsi forward smash hoping they'll hit..
What color tlink/kirby?

link2702

Smash Champion
kirby was i believe yellow

tlink was purple

there was a pika in there that the kirby kept swallowing every match...and i believe a peach/zelda.

MeowMix!

Smash Rookie
IIRC, A white Peach vs a dark Zelda/Sheik. Until others started interrupting the 1v1.
Ya'know....that COULD'VE been me since I (as peach) like to hang around or happen to fight Zelda/Sheiks when I get online.

This thread should get a sticky xD

BlueWolfLink

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys! New user here! (: I've read some of these forums and wow you guys seem like committed ssbb players. Hahaha, well me too! So I decided to make an account (:
I hope to see you guys online! I usually play as blue ZSS when I'm just chilling with friends online or interchange bzss and blue Ike when I'm legit fighting... (Im mainly samus because im a girl irl sooo, yeah, but when I reeeally need some power I go for Ike (: ) Sometimes I'm Link (he's my faaaavorite character, right in front of Ike and Marth but Im only OK with him so I don't use him THAT much, ...sorry, im rambling hehe) Anyways, usually to know if its me, I never start off a fight by actually fighting, I try to see if they're friendly first. OH and I always throw my shedded suit off the edges (except for one piece, usually the blue ball part, that I hang onto for a little while as a 'unique' part to recognize me). Oh, I also try to avoid fighting any Links, Ikes, or Marths since they're my favorite characters.. But sometimes I will, depending on the situation.

Anywaaay, I was wondering if any of you guys are/have seen a blue Marth. We were both in the same room last night AND early in the morning (we were DCed at around 12:30am) After playing a couple of hours with him, I was sad we were DCed. He was AWESOME! We had so much fun messing around with items and such. He was very friendly and protective... Like if a crasher/serious fighter came in, he would always stand in front of me or attack anyone who would hit me. If any of you guys know him or know what time he's usually on, that'd be grrrreat. Cuz I really miss him and definitely wanna see him again! (:

-Looking forward to seeing you guys, too! :)

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to Smash World Forums, BlueWolfLink! Sorry I don't recall any blue marths lately. Most of the ones I see are black. Did he have any unique traits by which we could recognize him?

Dark, I think I was in a room with you briefly tonight. You were Green pika, silver link, and red falco? You QAC'ed on temple, were AFK your first stock of battlefield (I tried to keep them from attacking you, and when you were forced to the ledge i tried to get you back on, but it didn't work :urg:), and were red falco on corneria. I was yellow diddy all three rounds?? Just curious

BlueWolfLink

Smash Rookie
Thanks for welcoming me! (: Oh jeez, well idk any of his move names but... Well when fighting he mostly did the side B then pointed down to make Marth do those quick jabs (using a gamecube controller. Idk what the move would be on a wii remote) and loved to hold down R to break the shield thingy.... But yeah, idk the names of the moves, sorry!

Wow... just got out of the most annoying brawl I think I've ever had... Wolf+Falco both on either side of me (Ike) shooting repeatedly while I was stuck in the middle... there was an unfair game... couldn't move at all!

link2702

Smash Champion
GGs to whoever that tan ike/blue marth/gold bowser was.

damn i just wish tht damn snake woulld of quit throwing his nades into the fight....he knew we were having a 1v1...

least the peach didnt do anything.

knew i should camped and abused pits ledge game more instead of being fancy wiht silly arrow looping tricks..when i know i'm against a good oppenent, i know i need to quit showing off and get serious....but idk.....in friendlies i can't end up doing that....tis like someone who mains the broken eskimos....using their death grab a whole match in a friendly just pisses people off big time

:troll: oh well, least it looks neat.

kaazers

Smash Master
What?
Lurker is evolving!

dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun!

Congratulations! Your Lurker evolved into New User!

LOL feels weird to actually post. Anyways, the purpose is to give a shout out to a couple of players my sister had the pleasure of meeting a couple of hours ago -- that is, if they're even here. Let me flesh out the setting for a sec so we're all on the same page.

The group started off around 11 PM to 12 AM EST at Hyrule Temple (destination never changed) with a Ganondorf(P3), a gold Link(P2) and an Ike(P4). The Gold Link befriended her right off the bat and then joined the brawl between Ganondorf and Ike. The Ike died early twice and tried to knock out my sister (the purple Toon Link) for an easy way to get back the two points he lost. Anyways, she RAN and never retaliated. "Luckily P2 was there to beat the crap out of him."

Anyways, Ganondorf (P3) soon left and in his place came Snake, the silent player who also watched the fight (at one time P4 had a ditto match with the unwilling P3, but lost). This completed the group. Unfortunately Snake left after an hour or so and was replaced by a friendly Black Marth. The big DC happened mere rounds after that.

My sister just wanted to give a shout out to her friend who played a Gold Link/Green Marth/Red Ike/Black Falco/Purple Luigi/Green Meta Knightt/Black Wolf/Dark Green Toon Link/Green Pit/Blue Googles Pikachu. He seemed to favor Marth a bit more than the rest though. Anyway she wanted to say that you were awesome and that it was a real learning experience to watch you play because she herself has just started practicing Marth. Also, that it was awesome that you won every single match, and oh so gratifying to see you beat the crap out of P4 (who, by the way, always tried to instigate a fight with the spineless chicken of a Purple Toon Link that was my sister, lol).

From my sister to Player 4 the Ike/Ganondorf/King Dedede/Fox/Marth/Dark Toon Link/Snake/Wolf: "You were a jerk, you Fake-Bowing, Defenseless-Toon-Link-Chasing Mofo…BUT I admit I did have fun. I'll give you that much…

"LOL, but no, you really were funny."

That's it. They were an interesting set of matches…and...I wrote more in my one post than most people do in six. lol

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Looking for a Light Blue G&W/Green Pikachu/Black and White Wario that I met while using Gold Ike/Blue Ganon/Old-School DDD/Black and Yellow Ness. We fought two computers first, then had a few one-on-ones. My Ike beat his G&W, his Pikachu beat my Ganon, and my Dedede beat his Pikachu, but we got DCed before playing anymore. We always SDed when we got a KO so we tried to end i Sudden Death, but we ran into human ICs and a red Peach in our last match as Pika and Ness, and he healed me when I was hurt from a stray attack, or the Peach comming after me. We stayed to the left side of battlefield.

Also, my DDD up-b spiked his Pikachu on Smashville's left side while the platform was over the edge, I'm not trying to brag against him, but I thought that would be a good way to differentiate between any other similar matches and I get a reply from the wrong person. This happened yesterday at 11:15 a.m. eastern standard time I believe.

You were cool dude, I hope you see this. I'd like to brawl you in some proper one-on-ones and have a go at you with Bowser.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
What?
Lurker is evolving!

dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun!

Congratulations! Your Lurker evolved into New User!

LOL feels weird to actually post. Anyways, the purpose is to give a shout out to a couple of players my sister had the pleasure of meeting a couple of hours ago -- that is, if they're even here. Let me flesh out the setting for a sec so we're all on the same page.

The group started off around 11 PM to 12 AM EST at Hyrule Temple (destination never changed) with a Ganondorf(P3), a gold Link(P2) and an Ike(P4). The Gold Link befriended her right off the bat and then joined the brawl between Ganondorf and Ike. The Ike died early twice and tried to knock out my sister (the purple Toon Link) for an easy way to get back the two points he lost. Anyways, she RAN and never retaliated. "Luckily P2 was there to beat the crap out of him."

Anyways, Ganondorf (P3) soon left and in his place came Snake, the silent player who also watched the fight (at one time P4 had a ditto match with the unwilling P3, but lost). This completed the group. Unfortunately Snake left after an hour or so and was replaced by a friendly Black Marth. The big DC happened mere rounds after that.

My sister just wanted to give a shout out to her friend who played a Gold Link/Green Marth/Red Ike/Black Falco/Purple Luigi/Green Meta Knightt/Black Wolf/Dark Green Toon Link/Green Pit/Blue Googles Pikachu. He seemed to favor Marth a bit more than the rest though. Anyway she wanted to say that you were awesome and that it was a real learning experience to watch you play because she herself has just started practicing Marth. Also, that it was awesome that you won every single match, and oh so gratifying to see you beat the crap out of P4 (who, by the way, always tried to instigate a fight with the spineless chicken of a Purple Toon Link that was my sister, lol).

From my sister to Player 4 the Ike/Ganondorf/King Dedede/Fox/Marth/Dark Toon Link/Snake/Wolf: "You were a jerk, you Fake-Bowing, Defenseless-Toon-Link-Chasing Mofo…BUT I admit I did have fun. I'll give you that much…

"LOL, but no, you really were funny."

That's it. They were an interesting set of matches…and...I wrote more in my one post than most people do in six. lol
DUDE! P2 was ME! Wow! Someone found me! Gold Link is my main next to Green Marth. Both of em' I main. I can't remember much but I'm pretty sure it was me. If you look for a previous comment I posted, you'll see that those are characters I play as. Besides Pit, Wolf Toon Link, and Pikachu I think. The mood struck me to play as them. Awesome that you found me. I remember when I picked Original color Toon Link, I taunted a few times with her wenever I got distance between me and that ****head Dedede. He was annoying but it was my pleasure to beat the crap outta him for your sister's amusement. XD Link is my favorite character to use although I was forced into using Marth mostly, who I really excel at using.

I'm really glad this thread was created. Shoutouts to a Zelda who spammed side-B while I tried dealing with white MK/Pit. You were decent but not decent enough as the momentum was in my favor. Same goes for that white MK/Pit.

kaazers

Smash Master
Wow, for real? Holy crap, I can't believe this actually worked. xD I, myself, will add that you owned P4.

My sister's so glad to have actually found P2! …And to be able to pin a name/face to him -- something more than "P2." LOL She says it really was fun interacting with you and watching you kick ***. Hopes to catch you on Basic Brawl again sometime, too.

x​

At this point I'd join in on everyone and describe a couple of my own quirks as well, but I don't stick out too much to be honest -- maining Ike, doing a battle here and there, wasting time in a taunt party other times -- so I'll leave a guide on spotting my sister. She always brings out a LOL at one point or another. I'll sometimes just watch her play. Perhaps some of you have already seen her.

HAVE YOU SEEN MY SIS?

99.99 percent (the other 00.01 percent of the time she selected another character by accident) of the time she is a Purple Toon Link. If you see a Purple Toon Link who later on switches characters or even color, that isn't her. I repeat, that is NOT her. Her little habits include:

• Hopping on heads
  • Running around the stage like a headless chicken
  • Sometimes breaking her shield at the beginning of the match
  • Having the skills to fight but preferring not to
  • If she's being attacked-chased, make you run all around the stage, throwing projectiles at you when she can
  • Attempting a game of tag
  • Fighting if a friend gets bullied for no reason
  • Running the hell away if someone attacks
  • If she really likes you, will taunt when you make a kill
  • If she really hates you, will taunt if you get KO'd and especially if you SD
  • Running to the nearest Ganondorf… until the PTL gets a face full of Warlock Punch
  • Loving the company of Ganondorfs (if you couldn't guess from the previous line), Ikes, Marths, Zeldas, Links, and Toon Links
  • Enjoying the company of Peaches, Lucarios, Pits (when they're NOT trolling) and Snakes (especially if they're feeling generous enough to play, in her words, "the cardboard box game")
  • Abusing the fact that Toon Link has projectiles, namely bombs
  • Pretending she isn't there
  • Protecting idle Marths
    [*]Edit: Running back and forth through a player if she thinks she knows you or if you do something she likes (e.g. Change into a Ganny)

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Wow, for real? Holy crap, I can't believe this actually worked. xD I, myself, will add that you owned P4.

My sister's so glad to have actually found P2! …And to be able to pin a name/face to him -- something more than "P2." LOL She says it really was fun interacting with you and watching you kick ***. Hopes to catch you on Basic Brawl again sometime, too.

x​

At this point I'd join in on everyone and describe a couple of my own quirks as well, but I don't stick out too much to be honest -- maining Ike, doing a battle here and there, wasting time in a taunt party other times -- so I'll leave a guide on spotting my sister. She always brings out a LOL at one point or another. I'll sometimes just watch her play. Perhaps some of you have already seen her.

HAVE YOU SEEN MY SIS?

99.99 percent (the other 00.01 percent of the time she selected another character by accident) of the time she is a Purple Toon Link. If you see a Purple Toon Link who later on switches characters or even color, that isn't her. I repeat, that is NOT her. Her little habits include:

• Hopping on heads
  • Running around the stage like a headless chicken
  • Sometimes breaking her shield at the beginning of the match
  • Having the skills to fight but preferring not to
  • If she's being attacked-chased, make you run all around the stage, throwing projectiles at you when she can
  • Attempting a game of tag
  • Fighting if a friend gets bullied for no reason
  • Running the hell away if someone attacks
  • If she really likes you, will taunt when you make a kill
  • If she really hates you, will taunt if you get KO'd and especially if you SD
  • Running to the nearest Ganondorf… until the PTL gets a face full of Warlock Punch
  • Loving the company of Ganondorfs (if you couldn't guess from the previous line), Ikes, Marths, Zeldas, Links, and Toon Links
  • Enjoying the company of Peaches, Lucarios, Pits (when they're NOT trolling) and Snakes (especially if they're feeling generous enough to play, in her words, "the cardboard box game")
  • Abusing the fact that Toon Link has projectiles, namely bombs
  • Pretending she isn't there
  • Protecting idle Marths
Are ya sure she doesnt pick other characters. I met another purple Toon Link today that also picked Peach and someone else(forgot). Mainly purple Toon Link though. This person did most of the things you described about her. This person acted the same way and everything. I even picked some of the characters I used in our first encounter to see if this really was the same person.

kaazers

Smash Master
スーパーサイレントZ7: Yeah, Peaches are awesome. Who doesn't enjoy their company? I've met my share of extremely loyal and all around cool Peaches. But the ones who hit you with their frying pans... lol

Sephy95: I am 126% sure that she doesn't pick other characters on Basic Brawl. How she never switches is how you know it's her. When I play Toon Link I'm not even allowed to play the purple one…It's red or blue for me. Hah.

WAIT… I just remembered one unique thing she does… I'll tell her to do this especially when she suspects it's you. If a Purple Toon Link plays a form of "Red Light, Green Light" with you it's her for sure. Basically, it's like this: when you're turned the other way, she'll slowly approach you…step by step…until you turn around, in which case she'll DASH back to where she started. xD That always cracks me up. Just change into a Gold Link if you think you spot her 'cause they're not so common.

=

There's some annoying little… anyways...who keeps on disconnecting the whole group the second I get the Smash Ball or a KO today. Keh.

That aside… around 12:30 AM EST the other night there were a set of matches consisting of an Ike, Green Marth/Gold Link/Black Falco/ Snake, Yoshi/Brown Mario/Donkey Kong, and White Ganondorf/Olimar/White or Brown Mario/Wolf…anyone? Hint: Yoshi was annoying Little Miss Instigation during these. Stage selections consisted of Temple, Corneria and Bridge of Eldin.

It wasn't an amazing adventure or anything, lol. Just felt like I've seen some of these guys before.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
@Kaazers: That was probably me again. I'm always brawling around that time of night to look for good players. I'll keep a look out for your sister. Also every now and then, you're gonna meet some **** that DCs the whole group. Reasons being: They're getting their *** handed to them on a silver platter, they suspect they're about to get their *** handed to them, or maybe it was good intention and they wanted to protect someone who was gettin' owned. Theres more reasons but you'll probably figure those out for yourself.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yeah cuz its so embarrassing, that they are now an EPIC FAIL. If that happens they either do give up in a rage quit or try to rage on the other players which leads to more EPIC FAILS. Most likely they'll do that or troll the group and DC everyone. :troll:

FIREL

Smash Ace
Yeah cuz its so embarrassing, that they are now an EPIC FAIL. If that happens they either do give up in a rage quit or try to rage on the other players which leads to more EPIC FAILS. Most likely they'll do that or troll the group and DC everyone. :troll:
People who give up or rage quit are just plain sad...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'd rather have 'em give up. I don't like punishing ragers but the fact that some try and try again shows how much they wanna beat you which means they'll want to get better so in a way, when we own 'em, we're doing them a favor.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im playing right now blue pikachu be on the lookout

wait was that u firel the green luigi in a room with me, a blue ZSS/green ike and blue Link/red mario?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If anyone encounters characters I use(green Marth, gold Link, etc.), its likely its not me. I'm currently taking a break from brawl and getting back into melee. For now anyways. Don't know how long this itch will last.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea i took a break, getting into playing late night matches when i have time

FIREL

Smash Ace
im playing right now blue pikachu be on the lookout

wait was that u firel the green luigi in a room with me, a blue ZSS/green ike and blue Link/red mario?
FIREL for fire luigi (white)
So it wasn't me.

Anyways i'll also be blue pikachu, pink falcon and blue ike.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Awhile back we discussed about this noobish dark Falco we encountered. I think I mightve encountered him a few days ago. Maybe it was a different one? Idk. He acted friendly but in SD if you went near him, he try and KO you....

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Alright, listen up. Yesterday, around Nighttime, I was playing as White Marth, and I'm looking for a Pikachu, original style. He would keep chasing me wanting to battle, I won all of the matches though. :p But yeah, if you are the Pikachu, then tell me.

Top Bottom