• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean given the context, he was just speculating. Heck, he said Master Chief was more likely for E3 in his opinion. I don't really think much of it.
Plus, he also said he doesn't think either of them are likely, for what it's worth. Though I would need a reminder of Nate's trackrecord to make any bold claims...

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Plus, he also said he doesn't think either of them are likely, for what it's worth. Though I would need a reminder of Nate's trackrecord to make any bold claims...
Pretty sure he has a really good track record. ResetEra adores him.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me if I sound rude, but would you be willing to provide specifics?
I don't think that's rude at all. And forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but I don't have specifics at the moment. I just know that when he pops up on ResetEra he tends to get a LOT of people asking him questions, and that he's gotten some direct stuff right.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think he's the kind of person that if he's claiming to know information and that it's an actual leak of sorts, he has a pretty good track record, but it really seems like this is just like an opinion or guess thing this time. I don't think personally I'll feel that Crash's chances are 0 until the last of the DLC is released and he isn't one of them.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Think they're talking about https://youtu.be/cRt9zw7BRhQ?t=4599 . Nate is the person I believe that says it at 1:17:30
Assuming this is him, I definately think we need more information. The most important question I think is whether he has a history of presenting leaks as his own personal opinion. Looking at this alone, it doesn't seem to be anything more than an opinion.

Either way, I wish they would've elaborated on why they think Crash isn't likely. It's also pretty funny to me that Nate thinks Master Chief is the more likely of the two. I definately would like that one explained.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Assuming this is him, I definately think we need more information. The most important question I think is whether he has a history of presenting leaks as his own personal opinion. Looking at this alone, it doesn't seem to be anything more than an opinion.

Either way, I wish they would've elaborated on why they think Crash isn't likely. It's also pretty funny to me that Nate thinks Master Chief is the more likely of the two. I definately would like that one explained
Maybe it's the Microsoft connection? Hard to say. Hopefully he'd be willing to explain more, but I honestly doubt it...

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Switch-related Halo thing that King Zell hinted at ages ago still has yet to materialize, so I'm still doubtful of Chief until that happens.

Besides, leakers so far don't have much luck knowing who's coming in the DLC ever since pass 1 ended, so...
Yeah, definitely agree on this front. I think Nate likely has good information and made a very educated guess based on his knowledge, but a guess is still a guess. Nobody with insider information seems to know anything about FP2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, definitely agree on this front. I think Nate likely has good information and made a very educated guess based on his knowledge, but a guess is still a guess. Nobody with insider information seems to know anything about FP2.
Imran knew about Min Min and Zhuge about Steve, but after that all known insiders were totally in the dark

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Also "gut feeling" is usually a 50/50 chance anyways so I don't look at this as a big deal in all honesty. Had he say something along the lines of "based on sources/" and similar language? Then I would be a little tiny bit concerned.

But since he did mention "gut feeling" however, it just tells me that he's shooting in the dark without much meat behind it, so it's a random guess as far as I'm concerned and how he phrased his comment there.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can see it going either way, Master Chief (Who I would be cool with by the way) is definitely a possibility with Microsoft already on board regarding Smash, It's really hard to believe the face/mascot of their Xbox brand didn't come up as a possibility during negotiations and it kind of feels like everything was set up for Master Chief and feels like a matter of not if, But really when.

Crash Bandicoot definitely has everything going for him and then some, But with Activision yet to be involved with Smash, But has worked with Nintendo before in the past with other projects and regularly supports their consoles, It's really all a matter of have they been approached by Nintendo and able to strike a deal.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

For those who missed it, the launch trailer!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Anyone here seen Gaming All-Stars 2? it's a crossover web series were heroes from gaming come together to save the world. Recently, This new episode re-introduce Crash who was in the previous Gaming All-Stars, alongside Everyone's Not So Favorite Sonic Character plus Shantae, Monkey Island, and Assassin's Creed

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Anyone here seen Gaming All-Stars 2? it's a crossover web series were heroes from gaming come together to save the world. Recently, This new episode re-introduce Crash who was in the previous Gaming All-Stars, alongside Everyone's Not So Favorite Sonic Character plus Shantae, Monkey Island, and Assassin's Creed
I just saw that this morning! Pretty good, I say!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
One thing I have learned about Smash in general is that no one is truly a lock no matter how much they got going for them.
Yeah. Not to sound rude, but I'm kinda starting to wish Rex was the XC2 rep. Don't get me wrong, I love Pyra, but... I don't know, it doesn't feel like a XC2 rep, y'know?

But that's neither here nor there. I will say it's part of the reason why I've become so skeptical lately. Or at least, more skeptical than usual.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think I caught up with pretty much everything involving Nate's stance on Crash's chances and honestly I wouldn't take it seriously. He does have a solid track record, but I do believe he got things wrong in the past and the post honestly sounds more like a prediction than an actual leak. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I think he's the kind of person that if he's claiming to know information and that it's an actual leak of sorts, he has a pretty good track record, but it really seems like this is just like an opinion or guess thing this time. I don't think personally I'll feel that Crash's chances are 0 until the last of the DLC is released and he isn't one of them.
I'm ngl, if I don't see Crash at E3 my expectations will be near zero. Got to protect myself...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm ngl, if I don't see Crash at E3 my expectations will be near zero. Got to protect myself...
And that's assuming E3 is still gonna happen this year. Seriously, I haven't seen ANY updates on it since the physical event was canceled. You'd think we'd know SOMETHING by now...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
And that's assuming E3 is still gonna happen this year. Seriously, I haven't seen ANY updates on it since the physical event was canceled. You'd think we'd know SOMETHING by now...
We still have a few or so months. I know that's not an awful lot of time, but I'm sure there'll be an update in that time.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Yea I think they'll follow through with a digital event. Regardless, I don't know if Nintendo will even be directly involved with E3 this year. They'll probably just drop a direct no matter what everyone else's plans are.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
On the Run has surpassed 9+ million downloads in just a day.
That's pretty damn amazing. Keep Crash on everyone's mind! I want more games...

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Random question: What would you all think of the last 2 DLC fighters being a double reveal for Crash and Spyro? I think the odds are slim to none, mainly because of Spyro's presence in Japan being nonexistant (at this point, he'd have to be added solely for the western audiences) in comparison to Crash, but I also think it would be a cool way to finish the pass.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random question: What would you all think of the last 2 DLC fighters being a double reveal for Crash and Spyro? I think the odds are slim to none, mainly because of Spyro's presence in Japan being nonexistant (at this point, he'd have to be added solely for the western audiences) in comparison to Crash, but I also think it would be a cool way to finish the pass.
That would be good way to end Ultimate with a bang.

I love dragons so Spyro would be icing on cake.

Top Bottom