• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Activision knows their **** when it comes to make people talk about their IPs. A game is going to be announced soon? "Accidentally" make something leak about the respective IP. Their horrible track record at hiding secrets lately has a reason to exist.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Um, how does that even look that close to looking like a Smash Ball/Smash Bros. symbol?
There you go - Colors the same, thickness of the lines the same and the proportions of the golden areas the same:

Smash Logo Crash.jpg

Yeah, it could be a coincidence and even if it was intentional, it may not necessarily mean anything (looking back at Shantae's window), but I think it's still a neat detail regardless.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There you go - Colors the same, thickness of the lines the same and the proportions of the golden areas the same:

View attachment 282343

Yeah, it could be a coincidence and even if it was intentional, it may not necessarily mean anything (looking back at Shantae's window), but I think it's still a neat detail regardless.
Maybe that is the case, but it still has its differences. It's probably just a coincidental detail there.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Anyone else hoping they do something different with a stage for once with DLC characters? So far, every dlc fighter's stage has been basic layouts some unique or cool mechanics. However, we also have things like the DQ stage (cannot remember the name) or the Monetstary, more of the "moving tour" stage.

Like for Crash, what if we got something a little less expected than N.Sanity Island? How about a Cortex Castle stage, with Lab assistants and gadgets that work like stage hazards, or stage based on some frame of time like in Warped?

Besides the fact simple stages are just easier to develop, I'm just tired of getting stages that look fun to play on but aren't? Of course, it's my personal opinion, I'm sure plenty of people love those stages.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else hoping they do something different with a stage for once with DLC characters? So far, every dlc fighter's stage has been basic layouts some unique or cool mechanics. However, we also have things like the DQ stage (cannot remember the name) or the Monetstary, more of the "moving tour" stage.

Like for Crash, what if we got something a little less expected than N.Sanity Island? How about a Cortex Castle stage, with Lab assistants and gadgets that work like stage hazards, or stage based on some frame of time like in Warped?

Besides the fact simple stages are just easier to develop, I'm just tired of getting stages that look fun to play on but aren't? Of course, it's my personal opinion, I'm sure plenty of people love those stages.
stage hazards take time and money to make/balance, so we are less likely to get them the list of added stages with hazards including smash 4 (new stages only, moving platforms don't count) are: the summons in midgar, the lava in mario maker (same mechanic as great cave offensive), the springs in spring stadium, and the chandeliers in garag mach (it just reuses the mechanic from the punch out stage), while it is posible a crash stage could have stage hazards they would likely be minor or reuse a mechanic from another stage, for example the meatal bounce crates reusing the spring mechanic

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
stage hazards take time and money to make/balance, so we are less likely to get them the list of added stages with hazards including smash 4 (new stages only, moving platforms don't count) are: the summons in midgar, the lava in mario maker (same mechanic as great cave offensive), the springs in spring stadium, and the chandeliers in garag mach (it just reuses the mechanic from the punch out stage), while it is posible a crash stage could have stage hazards they would likely be minor or reuse a mechanic from another stage, for example the meatal bounce crates reusing the spring mechanic
The Mario Maker stage's lava isn't the same as Great Cave Offensive's, last time I checked. MM doesn't kill you if you are over 100%. Probably the same data, but not exact.

It'll probably be minor stuff, yeah.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I'm supportive of Crash. Warped was my first console game ever so there's a special spot for him, plus he just fits, you know?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Anyone else feel a little weird that 2020 is almost over, and we've had so little of Nintendo's existence? I guess I wasn't expecting their "quiet year" to be the same year where their console is absolutely booming.

Related to Crash, I sort of want the GBA Crash games on NSO, whenever GBA NSO happens. Out of the 6 games that follow the classic formula (I guess 7 as of IAT), I'd say those two are really worth a second look.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
View attachment 283010
Wow, this render actually looks like it could fit well in Ultimate.

Honestly? I'd be okay if they used this design.
Just look at him... It's the best he has ever looked.

I really honestly can't think of a more perfect character (1st and 3rd Party) who's more than qualified and ripe for the picking to join Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone else feel a little weird that 2020 is almost over, and we've had so little of Nintendo's existence? I guess I wasn't expecting their "quiet year" to be the same year where their console is absolutely booming.
Not really, they're simply preparing secret plans, we'll know of them by the time the year ends.

What is bothersome is Sony and Microsoft's endless game of chicken in regards to their new consoles' prices.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So after Crash get's in, when do you think Spyro will get his chance? I'm thinking Smash 6.
I'm in agreement for this one, since Spyro will have gotten enough fan support for it by then.

Meanwhile:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh look, it seems we're already getting more Crash 4 details tomorrow.

C'mon, playable Penta Penguin!

I'm not the only one who wants that, right?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Over the years I've slowly warmed up to Crash Bandicoot, both as a potential Smash Bros candidate and as a general character. I'd like to see him in Smash Bros. Ultimate

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Crash has so many designs it'd be fun to have them all as alts, in the same manner as Little Mac in 3DS/Wii U where every recolour had both a flesh and wireframe version. Very unlikely since they seem to be quite strictly sticking to 8 alts, but still, would be nice. I'm an N. Sane Trilogy design fan myself.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Crash has so many designs it'd be fun to have them all as alts, in the same manner as Little Mac in 3DS/Wii U where every recolour had both a flesh and wireframe version. Very unlikely since they seem to be quite strictly sticking to 8 alts, but still, would be nice. I'm an N. Sane Trilogy design fan myself.

I would at least want to see 4 of his costumes in here. Bike one is a must.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would at least want to see 4 of his costumes in here. Bike one is a must.
I was thinking more having N. Sane, About Time, PS1 promo art (replace this one with Twinsanity if you want) and Japanese designs as separate alts, or something like that - given that wire frame hoodie Mac proves alts can have alts, I would personally have the PS1 design have the biker jacket, the N. Sane design have Rustland, and the About Time design have Totally Tubular - not sure about Japan Crash, but this one fits quite well:
- that can work out at 8 alts, but is very ambitious (especially if you want to pull a 3DS/Wii U wire frame Mac and add alt colours as well) considering Hero couldn't get all 8 alts Sakurai wanted.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was thinking more having N. Sane, About Time, PS1 promo art (replace this one with Twinsanity if you want) and Japanese designs as separate alts, or something like that - given that wire frame hoodie Mac proves alts can have alts, I would personally have the PS1 design have the biker jacket, the N. Sane design have Rustland, and the About Time design have Totally Tubular - not sure about Japan Crash, but this one fits quite well:
- that can work out at 8 alts, but is very ambitious (especially if you want to pull a 3DS/Wii U wire frame Mac and add alt colours as well) considering Hero couldn't get all 8 alts Sakurai wanted.
On the bright side, Acti's Crash material is fully-available to them and not tied behind 4 layers of red tape, so it could theoretically be possible. At most I'd expect the N. Sane and 4 designs themselves (with a standalone polygonal Retro skin thrown in there somewhere).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
On the bright side, Acti's Crash material is fully-available to them and not tied behind 4 layers of red tape, so it could theoretically be possible. At most I'd expect the N. Sane and 4 designs themselves (with a standalone polygonal Retro skin thrown in there somewhere).
Assuming Crash is in FP2, he's probably started development already so it's more likely he'll have the N. Sane design, but that's not to say the About Time design is impossible

BTW, here's a mockup I made to explain how the 4 Crash designs could be distinguished in Smash. Using different shades of orange like Sonic's alts and blue would quite effective for alts like this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

MattX20

Smash Hero
How and in what form, I couldn't say. Remember when the only things we knew about the game were multiple masks, Crash 1 level progression, playable Cortex and nothing else?
It's just common that people can get copies in a month in advance and leak any of the details for it. It's happened with Smash and other games in the past

Top Bottom