• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So what stage you guys think should come with Crash?
I have an idea: The first Warp Room from Crash 2. Here, the room rotates like Spiral Mountain, the stage that is, but you must knock an opponent through the ceiling in the middle, or through one of the portal doors to KO them. Doing so won't be easy, since they will be blocked by a force field until they are hit with enough force. What do you guys think?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
For a Crash Bandicoot stage... how about for the platform, it's the blimp/plane he stands on when fighting against Dr. Neo Cortex at the end of Crash 1, while said aircraft flies over the islands?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
N.Sanity Beach is one of the first ones that usually comes to mind and while I would be fine with it and wouldn't mind it, I feel it might be a little on the generic jungle side and could be somewhat similar to Donkey Kong's Kongo Jungle, If it does end up being the stage then I hope they fix it up quite a bit to make it stand out, But as long as Crash makes it in I won't complain.

The blimp from when you fight Cortex in the 1st game would probably be my choice and would work really well for the concept, level design and scenery of Cortex's castle up in flames in Smash, Hell have Cortex show up and fire his ray gun and be the stage hazard or just have him appear purely for show like Grunty in Spiral Mountain.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So what stage you guys think should come with Crash?
I like doing the Warp Room and doing a traveling stage myself. Probs the Time Twister Machine. I made a concept a while back of it traveling to N Sanity Beach, Sunset Vista, High Road, Bonus Area, Snow Go, Hang Eight, Piston It Away, Sewer or Later, Flaming Passion, Tomb Time, and Toad Village.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like doing the Warp Room and doing a traveling stage myself. Probs the Time Twister Machine. I made a concept a while back of it traveling to N Sanity Beach, Sunset Vista, High Road, Bonus Area, Snow Go, Hang Eight, Piston It Away, Sewer or Later, Flaming Passion, Tomb Time, and Toad Village.
Another idea for the Warp Room, maybe have it be on the last, top most part where the laser was fired on the Cortex Vortex in Crash 2's true ending? With the laser being an obstacle to avoid?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Cortex Vortex or a travelling stage that goes through some familiar locations in the original trilogy I can see being what comes with Crash for a stage

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So yeah, Japanese Crash is kill

Long live Japanese Crash
How popular WAS Japanese Crash? I'm a little worried this might affect sales somewhat over there, given the whole reason they redesigned him was to make him appeal more.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I kind of wonder if Sega will be publishing the Japanese version just like what they did with N.Sane Trilogy?

Hopefully this game does much better than N.Sane Trilogy over there.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Definitely N. Sanity Beach. Sakurai often uses the most famous area for 3rd party characters (Pac-Man being the exception in Ultimate for some awful reason), so he’d definitely pick the beach.

I think it’d look pretty unique compared to the rest of Ultimate’s stages too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Crash: On the Run has now officially hard-launched!

Definitely N. Sanity Beach. Sakurai often uses the most famous area for 3rd party characters (Pac-Man being the exception in Ultimate for some awful reason), so he’d definitely pick the beach.

I think it’d look pretty unique compared to the rest of Ultimate’s stages too.
Apparently, Pac-Land was influential towards Super Mario Bros, and Pac-Man was originally requested by Miyamoto, so.

Also, it would be the second time we have a beach stage, technically. :ultvillager:

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I don't think I've seen anyone post any recent gameplay clips, which showcases a pirate world.
I don't mean to use him as a resource, but the montage he put together was the only gameplay I could find without any commentary.

Which actually made me think: what if Crash's DLC pack was released to coincide with/around the release of Crash 4, with a couple music tracks from that game?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think I've seen anyone post any recent gameplay clips, which showcases a pirate world.
I don't mean to use him as a resource, but the montage he put together was the only gameplay I could find without any commentary.

Which actually made me think: what if Crash's DLC pack was released to coincide with/around the release of Crash 4, with a couple music tracks from that game?
I think CGE managed to get footage from a different source earlier.

And yeah, I think that would be the intent. It'd be odd if Acti didn't plan things to have their latest game specifically coincide with a Smash appearance.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mr. Crumb has been confirmed for Crash on the Run.
Any source for that? Just want to make sure so that there's no misinformation.

Edit: Never mind, here it is: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-on-the-run-makes-crash-a-runner-ag/1100-6479490/

Well I'll be, it happened. I guess there might be a season battle pack themed after the 99X crew.

I kind of wonder if Sega will be publishing the Japanese version just like what they did with N.Sane Trilogy?

Hopefully this game does much better than N.Sane Trilogy over there.
Not this time, it's Square-Enix of all companies. How oddly apt.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not this time, it's Square-Enix of all companies. How oddly apt.

Crash for Kingdom Hearts, when?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sadly, that would require Square Enix buying the rights to Crash and then letting Tetsuya Nomura reboot the franchise with a bunch of overly-complicated lore. Whether or not it'd be worth it is up to debate...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sadly, that would require Square Enix buying the rights to Crash and then letting Tetsuya Nomura reboot the franchise with a bunch of overly-complicated lore. Whether or not it'd be worth it is up to debate...
Guys, I just meant the Playstation in-jokes. :ultcloud:

Besides, Square-Enix has a Western branch, which means Crystal Dynamics would be likelier to use Crash.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Is it possible for Nitro-Fueled to get a small update adding skins based on the current designs for Crash characters? Alternatively, I'd love to see another CTR featuring the Quantum and Elementals as items somehow!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is it possible for Nitro-Fueled to get a small update adding skins based on the current designs for Crash characters? Alternatively, I'd love to see another CTR featuring the Quantum and Elementals as items somehow!
In theory, possibly, and here's my reasoning why:

You know how Activision family games tend to have both a complete edition re-release and PC version sometime after the following game comes out? So far, Nitro-Fueled has neither of those (especially considering how the codes for the Nitros Oxide Edition and Electron Suits content will expire at the end of the year), and Crash 4 releases in October. So, I figure that once Beenox's assistance for Crash 4's development will be complete, they'll be freed up to put out a final re-release for Nitro Fueled (with tie-in content) and a PC version a few months afterwards.

Failing that, it's time to start campaigning for a sequel that could be made for 2022 (since I suspect that next year will be Spyro's).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No Japanese Crash? I wonder why that's the case.
Streamlining designs is honestly a better marketing practice nowadays, especially with most marketing going online. It's kind of like the McDonald's approach where they want it to be a similar experience no matter where you go in the world but with enough differences that it respects different cultural preferences.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I don't know if any of you all realized this in the past, but do you guys remember that old 1999 Smash 2 poll that Nintendo held back in the day? Well, something interesting I just realized until now is that out of all the actual video game characters, the only one that has absolutely no representation in Smash at the moment is Crash Bandicoot. Here are the results, by the way:

Super Mario Bros.
1. Bowser (Playable)
2. Peach (Playable)
3. Wario (Playable)
4. Toad (Spirit)
5. Koopa Troopa (Spirit)
6. Magikoopa (Spirit)
7. Goomba (Spirit)
8. Geno (Spirit)
9. Mallow (Spirit)
10. Baby Mario (Spirit)

Pokémon
1. Mewtwo (Playable)
2. Mew (Pokeball Pokemon)
3. Ash (No Anime Characters Allowed)
4. Random Pokémon
5. Lugia (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
6. Meowth (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
7. Raichu (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
8. Marill (Spirit)
8. Bulbasaur (Spirit)
8. Togepi (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)

Legend of Zelda:
1. Ganon (Ganondorf) (Playable)
2. Young Link (Playable)
2. Princess Zelda (Playable)
2. Sheik (Playable)
5. Darunia (Spirit)

Kirby
1. King Dedede (Playable)
2. Gooey (Spirit)
3. Meta Knight (Playable)
4. Random Kirby companions
5. Waddle Dee (Spirit)

MOTHER
1. Mr Saturn (Item)
2. Poo (Spirit)
3. Mother 2 other protagonists (Lucas: Playable) (Ninten: Spirit)
3. Paula (Spirit)
4. Starman (Assist Trophy)
4. Jeff (Assist Trophy and Spirit)

Star Fox
1. Falco (Playable)
2. Slippy (Spirit)
3. Wolf (Playable)
4. Peppy (Spirit)

Fire Emblem:
1. Marth (Playable)
2. Random Fire Emblem Characters (Playable)
3. Ogma (While Ogma doesn't have anything, his main game he has appeared in is already heavily represented)
4. Celice (Spirit)
5. Sigurd (Spirit)
5. Leif (Spirit)

RARE related
1. 007 James Bond (Not Eligible)
2. Banjo & Kazooie (Playable)
3. Diddy Kong (Playable)
4. Robot of Blast Corps (While we have nothing for now, Blast Corps Spirits were found in the datamine)
4. 006 Trevelyan (Not Eligible)

Other series
1. Sukapon (Assist Trophy)
2. Lip (Spirit)
3. Richard Ougi (Not Eligible)
4. Metroid (Assist Trophy)
4. Foreman Spike (While Foreman Spike is not represented in anyway, Wrecking Crew is already heavily represented)
6. Pit (Playable)
6. Ogre (Spirit)
6. The Marvelous Party (No English Localization)
9. Samurai Goroh (Assist Trophy And Spirit)
9. Popo & Nana (Playable)
9. Balloon Fighter (Spirit)

Characters not belonging to Nintendo
1. Chocobo (FFVII is already represented)
2. Doraemon (No Anime Characters Allowed)
3. Bomberman (Assist Trophy and Spirit)
4. Crash Bandicoot (???)
5. Sonic (Playable)
5. Mega Man (Playable)

As you can see, out of all these characters on the poll, the only one that has no representation in Smash as of yet that IS A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER is Crash. It could be a possibility that Nintendo has been slowly using this poll for all these years to decide how all of these characters could be represented, and come on, Crash would EASILY be a playable character.

I know their is a chance Sakurai and his team probably don't even remember this poll, but its still interesting to note.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Crash is looking promising no matter what, so we just have to keep our eyes open

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I said it a long time ago but Crash really does have an inspiring history. The streamlining of the designs is a very good sign too because it shows that Activision is very serious about making Crash a global gaming icon, even more so than at his peak in the PS1 days. Whether he makes it into Smash, Crash has a bright future ahead of him.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
It really is inspiring having characters like Banjo-Kazooie finally being in Smash as there games on the N64 were masterpieces. DQ Heroes, a legal nightmare to obtain and the big daddy of RPG's in Japan which is truly legendary over there. Crash & Spyro's best games that everyone wants to remember, being remastered and now continuing the series and not letting it be just a one stop cash grab. I get there is money in nostalgia with remasters and rehashes all the like, but a lot series have more than proven their worth through being very fondly remembered, still heralded gameplay at the core and dedicated fanbases. I'm just glad that light is getting shone on these IP's as lots of fans have stuck with them through the years good & bad; hopefully more will pop up soon like Chrono or Earthworm Jim

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Crash definitely has a lot of things going for him compared to many Western third-parties. A rare case of a Western mascot successfully breaking into Japan's cultural barrier, loved across the world, has done a successful comeback, and the one that the majority agrees should be in Smash. It's only a question of time, I feel.

It really is inspiring having characters like Banjo-Kazooie finally being in Smash as there games on the N64 were masterpieces. DQ Heroes, a legal nightmare to obtain and the big daddy of RPG's in Japan which is truly legendary over there. Crash & Spyro's best games that everyone wants to remember, being remastered and now continuing the series and not letting it be just a one stop cash grab. I get there is money in nostalgia with remasters and rehashes all the like, but a lot series have more than proven their worth through being very fondly remembered, still heralded gameplay at the core and dedicated fanbases. I'm just glad that light is getting shone on these IP's as lots of fans have stuck with them through the years good & bad; hopefully more will pop up soon like Chrono or Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim is getting a new sequel on the Intellivsion Amico, but I don't know if that'll work. At least he got a new comic and a cart compilation of 1 and 2 in the meantime.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know if any of you all realized this in the past, but do you guys remember that old 1999 Smash 2 poll that Nintendo held back in the day? Well, something interesting I just realized until now is that out of all the actual video game characters, the only one that has absolutely no representation in Smash at the moment is Crash Bandicoot. Here are the results, by the way:

Super Mario Bros.
1. Bowser (Playable)
2. Peach (Playable)
3. Wario (Playable)
4. Toad (Spirit)
5. Koopa Troopa (Spirit)
6. Magikoopa (Spirit)
7. Goomba (Spirit)
8. Geno (Spirit)
9. Mallow (Spirit)
10. Baby Mario (Spirit)

Pokémon
1. Mewtwo (Playable)
2. Mew (Pokeball Pokemon)
3. Ash (No Anime Characters Allowed)
4. Random Pokémon
5. Lugia (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
6. Meowth (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
7. Raichu (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)
8. Marill (Spirit)
8. Bulbasaur (Spirit)
8. Togepi (Spirit and Pokeball Pokemon)

Legend of Zelda:
1. Ganon (Ganondorf) (Playable)
2. Young Link (Playable)
2. Princess Zelda (Playable)
2. Sheik (Playable)
5. Darunia (Spirit)

Kirby
1. King Dedede (Playable)
2. Gooey (Spirit)
3. Meta Knight (Playable)
4. Random Kirby companions
5. Waddle Dee (Spirit)

MOTHER
1. Mr Saturn (Item)
2. Poo (Spirit)
3. Mother 2 other protagonists (Lucas: Playable) (Ninten: Spirit)
3. Paula (Spirit)
4. Starman (Assist Trophy)
4. Jeff (Assist Trophy and Spirit)

Star Fox
1. Falco (Playable)
2. Slippy (Spirit)
3. Wolf (Playable)
4. Peppy (Spirit)

Fire Emblem:
1. Marth (Playable)
2. Random Fire Emblem Characters (Playable)
3. Ogma (While Ogma doesn't have anything, his main game he has appeared in is already heavily represented)
4. Celice (Spirit)
5. Sigurd (Spirit)
5. Leif (Spirit)

RARE related
1. 007 James Bond (Not Eligible)
2. Banjo & Kazooie (Playable)
3. Diddy Kong (Playable)
4. Robot of Blast Corps (While we have nothing for now, Blast Corps Spirits were found in the datamine)
4. 006 Trevelyan (Not Eligible)

Other series
1. Sukapon (Assist Trophy)
2. Lip (Spirit)
3. Richard Ougi (Not Eligible)
4. Metroid (Assist Trophy)
4. Foreman Spike (While Foreman Spike is not represented in anyway, Wrecking Crew is already heavily represented)
6. Pit (Playable)
6. Ogre (Spirit)
6. The Marvelous Party (No English Localization)
9. Samurai Goroh (Assist Trophy And Spirit)
9. Popo & Nana (Playable)
9. Balloon Fighter (Spirit)

Characters not belonging to Nintendo
1. Chocobo (FFVII is already represented)
2. Doraemon (No Anime Characters Allowed)
3. Bomberman (Assist Trophy and Spirit)
4. Crash Bandicoot (???)
5. Sonic (Playable)
5. Mega Man (Playable)

As you can see, out of all these characters on the poll, the only one that has no representation in Smash as of yet that IS A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER is Crash. It could be a possibility that Nintendo has been slowly using this poll for all these years to decide how all of these characters could be represented, and come on, Crash would EASILY be a playable character.

I know their is a chance Sakurai and his team probably don't even remember this poll, but its still interesting to note.
TerminalMontage TerminalMontage : And Sakurai bases his choices off of that! '1UP sound intensifies'

Top Bottom