• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I gotchu fam

N. Sanity Beach

Warp Room

Dingodile Theme

Bear It

It's About Time

Hit The Road

Cortex Theme (Crash 1)

Hog Wild, Wild Hog

Road Crash

Vs Papu Papu

That should be a decent list somewhat
They'll probably have to use the Activision remakes of the songs instead of the original Naughty Dog/Sony versions of the first 3 games due to copyright, but still a good lineup 👍 I'd probably add Turtle Woods, Snow Go and The Eel Deal in there too.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Cute fanart. :3

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
You know. This isn't Crash-related, but this artwork reminded me. A couple of days ago I finally decided to add Master Chief to my support list for Smash! Which is funny because for the longest time I didn't want to support him because I didn't think he was likely. But now, while I won't say he's likely to happen, I love the idea of using weapons like the Energy Sword, Sniper Rifle, Plasma Grenades or Needler in a Smash environment. With all of those weapons plus more, Chief's moveset potential could be amazing. And maybe playing on a stage where Spartans and Elites are battling in the background? That could be awesome!

However, I don't believe the Halo Master Chief Collection potentially coming to Switch is a good indicator of Chief coming to Smash like a lot of people think it is. I doubt the collection would run on the Switch's online infrastructure, so I never believed that rumor in the first place. And yet, I'd still be cool now with Chief showing up in Smash. Halo 3 is my favorite shooter, and I suppose if Sega, Capcom, Konami and Square Enix each have 3 fighters, then it's possible for Microsoft to get a 3rd fighter as well, especially if Nintendo and Microsoft remain friendly with each other.

So in closing, yeah. Go Chief! 👍 I'll still be pulling for Crash of course, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

Last edited:

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
You're killing me right now, both with this incredible art (please remember to support the artist) and with character choices. I really hope both of these characters might be the last two, even if it looks kinda difficult. Either way I'll be happy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You know. This isn't Crash-related, but this artwork reminded me. A couple of days ago I finally decided to add Master Chief to my support list for Smash! Which is funny because for the longest time I didn't want to support him because I didn't think he was likely. But now, while I won't say he's likely to happen, I love the idea of using weapons like the Energy Sword, Sniper Rifle, Plasma Grenades or Needler in a Smash environment. With all of those weapons plus more, Chief's moveset potential could be amazing. And maybe playing on a stage where Spartans and Elites are battling in the background? That could be awesome!

However, I don't believe the Halo Master Chief Collection potentially coming to Switch is a good indicator of Chief coming to Smash like a lot of people think it is. I doubt the collection would run on the Switch's online infrastructure, so I never believed that rumor in the first place. And yet, I'd still be cool now with Chief showing up in Smash. Halo 3 is my favorite shooter, and I suppose if Sega, Capcom, Konami and Square Enix each have 3 fighters, then it's possible for Microsoft to get a 3rd fighter as well, especially if Nintendo and Microsoft remain friendly with each other.

So in closing, yeah. Go Chief! 👍 I'll still be pulling for Crash of course, but I just thought I'd put that out there.
Is there confirmation about the the MCC coming to Switch? I agree with your statement regarding Master Chief's chances not being impacted by it. I don't see another Microsoft Rep making it in unless Phil just really puts pressure on Nintendo (or tied it into the deal to include Steve).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
They'll probably have to use the Activision remakes of the songs instead of the original Naughty Dog/Sony versions of the first 3 games due to copyright, but still a good lineup 👍 I'd probably add Turtle Woods, Snow Go and The Eel Deal in there too.
One thing: Activision owns the original version (IIRC, someone please feel free to correct me on this). The retro tracks are an option for the familiar race tracks in Nitro Fueled, and IAT uses these old versions for the flashback tape levels.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just wonder how many people would complain about crash bandicoot's moves like his iconic cyclone spin and TNT crate?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Haters gonna hate. It is repeated many times, but prepare for the worst as people are preparing for the end of Ultimate's DLC.
Screenshot_20210527-231735_YouTube.jpg

Edit: adding old meme for Crash

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I just wonder how many people would complain about crash bandicoot's moves like his iconic cyclone spin and TNT crate?
I could see a few complain for the same reason people complain about Banjo: he's "boring". Crash might not come with some flashy gimmick that makes him pop. So far, the only other newcomer that has not gotten some kind of huge gimmick as DLC this cycle besides Banjo was Byleth. And Byleth might have gotten the worst reception out of any character in ultimate. Even worse than Incineroar in a post Grinch world.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I could see a few complain for the same reason people complain about Banjo: he's "boring". Crash might not come with some flashy gimmick that makes him pop. So far, the only other newcomer that has not gotten some kind of huge gimmick as DLC this cycle besides Banjo was Byleth. And Byleth might have gotten the worst reception out of any character in ultimate. Even worse than Incineroar in a post Grinch world.
I don't think the lack of a gimmick was why Byleth got such a bad reception. The way I see it, Crash's inclusion would probably have a similar reception as Sonic's - maybe not to the point of breaking the internet, because guest characters aren't as ridiculous as they were in Brawl, but Sonic got an overwhelmingly positive reception despite half of his specials being spinning, just because it meant that we got Mario vs. Sonic.

Officially getting Mario, Sonic, and Crash in the same game seems like it would get a similarly positive response, regardless of what Crash's moveset would be like.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So if we were to get two characters at E3 like in 2019, I imagine it would start with a character who is more popular in Japan and then a Western character.
Possibly. Maybe they did that in 2019 so they could go out on a high note for the western audience? I hope not though... because if it's Crash that probably means he's coming much later in the year... lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure who this is or how reliable they are, but a lot of this seems to be stating the obvious, or saying things that we already know. For example, that the character will release after E3 - unless Nintendo puts out a general Direct in the next week purely to throw speculators off, it's not like anyone thinks that they're going to be released before E3. Likewise, I'm pretty sure Sakurai's outright stated in previous Smash videos that they're recorded weeks, if not months, in advance.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm not sure who this is or how reliable they are, but a lot of this seems to be stating the obvious, or saying things that we already know. For example, that the character will release after E3 - unless Nintendo puts out a general Direct in the next week purely to throw speculators off, it's not like anyone thinks that they're going to be released before E3. Likewise, I'm pretty sure Sakurai's outright stated in previous Smash videos that they're recorded weeks, if not months, in advance.
She evidently has a really good track record. She has examples of what she has leaked in her pinned tweet.

She's definately not saying too much here, but this could at least tell us that maybe FP10 won't actually come out until several weeks after the reveal. As opposed to there being a shorter period between reveal and release like with Steve and Sephiroth.

Another thing I found was an article claiming Samus Hunter leaked that the final fighter would be released in September or October, and that she believed there would be a double E3 reveal:

HOWEVER, I simply can't find the tweets where she made those claims. Maybe they're buried somewhere, but I'm not sure if this writer made them up or if they're just ignorant.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's finally June

My anxiety is starting to pick up here. Better play me some Crash 4 to calm down

Speaking of Crash 4, WHY did they have to make the flashback stages hard af with the crates?!?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Where is the challenge in it for the crash fans new and old? Want to know the history, go through the trials cortex tested them to become the general for his army.

Plus, we can all agree we went through this pain many times.
Screenshot_20210601-114740_YouTube.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
Though, we don't know if E3 is a single or double reveal. So waiting may still be present after the event.

Last edited:

HolsterYerGuns

Smash Cadet
I sort of dislike and like how my birthday is near E3
Still very dissapointed activision is on Summer games fest side actually why did they even consider making summer games fest they know it failed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom