• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Faso115

Smash Lord
Here is a question:

You are getting Crash in smash or a new game, which one you take? Honestly, i lean towards the latter.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Is this Bandicoot Month a real thing, or is it just something this Caddicarus guy made up to try an build up Crash's hype for Smash artificially? Cause at this point, I could see people trying to do that.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Is this Bandicoot Month a real thing, or is it just something this Caddicarus guy made up to try an build up Crash's hype for Smash artificially? Cause at this point, I could see people trying to do that.
Nah, it's just a thing he's been doing regularly since June 2018. He was born in June and Warped was the first video game he ever played.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is this Bandicoot Month a real thing, or is it just something this Caddicarus guy just made up to try an build up Crash's hype for Smash artificially?
Actually, this is just a thing he started doing every June to talk about how great Crash Bandicoot is. He does a bunch of livestreams, uploads Youtube videos, that kinda thing. If you're familiar with PeanutButterGamer and Zelda Month, it's the same basic idea.

As for why it's June, it's because that's apparently an important month for Crash, though I don't remember why...

Dukefire

Smash Master
It appears that the beginning of June is sparking a lot of people's interests for their character as the creators are doing something.

Not sure what is it, but safely assume it isn't for Smash to retain sanity.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Remind me again: when did the Crash requests start to really ramp up? Was it in 2019 or was it around 2017?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Remind me again: when did the Crash requests start to really ramp up? Was it in 2019 or was it around 2017?
It was the day that both Smash Ultimate and Crash N. Sane Trilogy were revealed in the same March 2018 Nintendo Direct that I started seeing the Crash requests. And they just grew and grew and grew from that point on.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Here is a question:

You are getting Crash in smash or a new game, which one you take? Honestly, i lean towards the latter.
I mean, as long as we would still get new Crash games eventually, I would choose getting him in Smash. Especially for Ultimate while we still have all these other amazing characters.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here is a question:

Easy. Crash in Smash. I have been waiting for Crash to get into something else, since Playstation All Stars didn't get him. I want Smash to completely middle finger that game by getting the MAIN character that it should have had. The Sony Icon himself. CRASH Bandicoot!!!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Here is a question:

Definitely Crash in Smash.
Don't get me wrong, I would love a new Crash game, but we did just get Crash 4 not too long ago, so honestly I feel like the next best step at this point would be to get Crash in Smash. [Besides, I have wanted him for such a long time and he would definitely make it up to me after how personally disappointed I have been in Pass 2].

I'd say Crash support truly began way back in 1999 when Nintendo posted that Japanese Smash 2 poll, considering he was one of the highest voted third-party characters on it. Crash support grew to an astronomical level once Nintendo revealed Smash and the N. Sane Trilogy port for Switch in the same Direct, which makes me truly happy to see people finally realize just how much Smash truly needs Crash to be an ultimate crossover.
As for me, I've supported Crash in Smash long before he was considered a popular fan pick. He was one of my top votes for the Smash Ballot back in the day and Crash was always sorta a pipe dream of mine. To see that Crash has now become a gaming icon again, on top of now becoming one of the biggest fan requests for Ultimate makes me feel like Crash can actually become a reality, let alone very soon at that.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
As the outright front runner? 2019. As one of the biggest requests? 2017-2018.

Crash has had a slow moving coup over smash speculation. I’ve been supporting Crash since Smash 4 and crash after coming back gained and gained support steadily. If you asked people to say what were popular third party pics for smash in 2018, you would have heard Banjo, Geno, Crash, and Simon Belmont. Now, Crash is the character to discuss. Honestly, if he is not in this game, I expect him to be one of the top requests for the next one.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Crash support increasing is due to a combo of increased relevancy with the remakes and a new game, and several other popular requests being deconfirmed or being added, either of which takes them out of the speculation game. Particularly of note is Banjo, who was probably the only platformer character that could truly rival Crash in terms of demand for Smash. Rayman is pretty much the only one left who even comes close at this point.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crash support increasing is due to a combo of increased relevancy with the remakes and a new game, and several other popular requests being deconfirmed or being added, either of which takes them out of the speculation game. Particularly of note is Banjo, who was probably the only platformer character that could truly rival Crash in terms of demand for Smash. Rayman is pretty much the only one left who even comes close at this point.
I mean, even in Sm4sh, when Rayman support was much stronger, I would say that Crash’s support right now seems much more active and vocal. Then again, Sm4sh speculation was weird because people just were not nearly as open to third parties back then. I still remember all the gatekeeping because a character was not a “Nintendo all star” while hand waving Snake due to Sakurai doing a one time favor.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would be happy with either Crash or Rayman in (it is almost equal). I might slightly lean towards Rayman over Crash but it is very close.

I just hope one of them makes it in as it doesn't look good for either right now. Nintendo seems to be all about Japan.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I would be happy with either Crash or Rayman in (it is almost equal). I might slightly lean towards Rayman over Crash but it is very close.

I just hope one of them makes it in as it doesn't look good for either right now. Nintendo seems to be all about Japan.
Rayman would be a worthy addition. I just personally believe Crash is more likely.

Honestly, it seems as though Nintendo is finally warming up to western content being in Smash. We have more than just the two playable characters. There's also been a lot of spirits, Mii costumes (two that came with music) and even an Assist Trophy (Shovel Knight).

I don't think the chances for western characters have ever been higher actually.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Rayman would be a worthy addition. I just personally believe Crash is more likely.

Honestly, it seems as though Nintendo is finally warming up to western content being in Smash. We have more than just the two playable characters. There's also been a lot of spirits, Mii costumes (two that came with music) and even an Assist Trophy (Shovel Knight).

I don't think the chances for western characters have ever been higher actually.
I actually see the opposite but you maybe right. The DLC pact seems to be more Japanese centric.

Keep in mind though that most third-party (and even first-party) picks in past Smash games were Universally Popular. For example Snake, Ryu, Sonic, Pacman, Megaman, etc. were all popular both in the West and Japan. They were kind of easy picks.

This is why I am surprised by no Ryu Hayabusa because he is popular in both regions.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I posted a comment yesterday after I realized about the whole smash letter or a Japanese flag thing according to fans. It turn out that shape is basically Mario's hand in a pose of the Smash 64 box.
Unfortunately, I am not reading too much into that screenshot. :(.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I posted a comment yesterday after I realized about the whole smash letter or a Japanese flag thing according to fans. It turn out that shape is basically Mario's hand in a pose of the Smash 64 box.
Wait really? I would like an explanation on the whole "that shape is basically Mario's hand in a pose of the Smash 64 box" because the only thing I see from the top of the box cover is that zig zag that does kind of look like the Smash 64 cover and the shape down below that looks similar to Japan's flag.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wait really? I would like an explanation on the whole "that shape is basically Mario's hand in a pose of the Smash 64 box" because the only thing I see from the top of the box cover is that zig zag that does kind of look like the Smash 64 cover and the shape down below that looks similar to Japan's flag.
I think he means that the white is supposed to be Mario's glove while the red is supposed to be his arm. At least, that's what I think.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I dunno about you guys but this strikes me as ridley in the clouds or Rayman on ice situation but you do you.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I dunno about you guys but this strikes me as ridley in the clouds or Rayman on ice situation but you do you.
All of these theories regarding this Crash 25 image tying in to a potential Smash reveal are reaching as hell :/
Anyone who actually believes that this is a hint to smash.
1622763545373.png

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Here's the comparison.
smashcrash.png

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

When it's all said and done, I and would think most would be shocked if neither Crash Bandicoot or Rayman makes it in, I was believer that Rayman would have probably made it in earlier by now, Still possible, But I don't like his chances as much as I used too.

I still like Crash Bandicoot's chances more of the 2, While appearances in trailers and consistent major game support doesn't guarantee a roster spot, It certainly doesn't hurt and makes Crash seem more primed for Smash rather than the lesser inactivity of Rayman. (Who I would be cool with by the way)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
When has a DLC character for Smash EVER been teased by their own company? This isn't deliberate at all, this is coincidental at best, or intentional bait at worst because there's no way Crash's social media team don't know people are frothing at the mouth to get Crash into Smash Bros, so why not get some free extra clicks by making it look like they're saying something

Top Bottom