• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd imagine the music brought over for Crash would come from The First Three Games, Team Racing, N. Sane Trilogy, and 4.

I also wish to see tracks from other games in between such as Twinsanity, But i feel they'll most likely be left out.
I wouldn't mind, seeing as characters originating in those games could still get cameos anyway. 3 out of 4 of this era's Crash games had most of them show up to various degrees, so I'd be heavily surprised if there wasn't at least one post-NG character prior to 4.

Not to mention that the Rooftop Rampage remix in On the Run is a thing, so there's that.

all from the power of the net

Keep this in mind with a grain of salt
So, the cat's out of the bag, huh.

For what it's worth, the CSS would have three spots for stages left after the next two chaps get in, so I don't think we'd hear official word of FP3 until somewhere around E3. Would be the most logical spot to bring it up (outside of the next two character showcases).

Me and ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos do agree that Crash could get into a hypothetical FP3 in the event that he somehow doesn't get into FP2 in time.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Y'all... I would have ZERO expectations for a FP3 right now. Sakurai flat out said during the Pyra/Mythra presentation that there would only be two more fighter presentations. Maybe he could change his mind later on down the line, but he isn't going to flat out lie to us. If there is going to be a FP3 it probably would be way into the future.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey everyone, decided to just let you all know I want to apologize for the way I've been towards Crash and your support to him having been pessimistic about it.

My reason for it doesn't excuse it having been burnt out many times when a character seemed to be certain as I shouldn't put it on all of you. The fact remains there is that possibility this might be one of those times it could come true.

So until E3/June, here's to Crash being our next reveal. Hopefully this will be his time to shrine in the biggest celebration of gaming and crossover of all time.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, decided to just let you all know I want to apologize for the way I've been towards Crash and your support to him having been pessimistic about it.

My reason for it doesn't excuse it having been burnt out many times when a character seemed to be certain as I shouldn't put it on all of you. The fact remains there is that possibility this might be one of those times it could come true.

So until E3/June, here's to Crash being our next reveal. Hopefully this will be his time to shrine in the biggest celebration of gaming and crossover of all time.
Hey, it's okay, don't beat yourself over this. Trust me, as much as I would love Crash to make it in and firmly believing that he's a character pick that makes a lot of sense, I still feel that there's a huge chance he doesn't make the cut. That way the overall disappointment isn't that big.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, it's okay, don't beat yourself over this. Trust me, as much as I would love Crash to make it in and firmly believing that he's a character pick that makes a lot of sense, I still feel that there's a huge chance he doesn't make the cut. That way the overall disappointment isn't that big.
And to be fair, there's like many third-party companies that might want to get a piece of the DLC pie. Not even Capcom is guaranteed to get another DLC character this go-round.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
And to be fair, there's like many third-party companies that might want to get a piece of the DLC pie. Not even Capcom is guaranteed to get another DLC character this go-round.
Maybe this'll be moot coming from a guy who doesn't mind there being 8 FE characters in the game, but I think companies like Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, Konami and Microsoft are good on characters tbh. Both Bandai Namco and Koei Tecmo I feel deserve at least one more/one character in the game. And as much as I loath Activision as a company, they do own Crash, and he and Spyro are the only franchises from them that not only do I like and feel their remakes have been great, but I feel that they deserve representation in Smash too.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On the subject of Bandai Namco, they're strangely reluctant on having any newcomers from them this time, so far. Pulling off a Tekken/Soul Calibur character is one thing, but no other property of theirs should be difficult to work out.
People think that's why they're saving the Lloyd Mii, but I honestly don't know.

Although I would very much like Agumon or Klonoa...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
On the subject of Bandai Namco, they're strangely reluctant on having any newcomers from them this time, so far. Pulling off a Tekken/Soul Calibur character is one thing, but no other property of theirs should be difficult to work out.
Didn't Sakurai say somewhere several years ago that Pac-Man was the only Bandai Namco character he wanted for Smash 4? It makes me wonder if the same thing will happen for Ultimate. Odds are the Lloyd Mii costume is coming back just like the rest of the Smash 4 costumes, so maybe there's just NOT going to be a 2nd Namco character, despite them being kind of deserving of one. I mean unless Lloyd does wind up being upgraded. He IS the only other Namco character I can see being added to the game at this point.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People think that's why they're saving the Lloyd Mii, but I honestly don't know.

Although I would very much like Agumon or Klonoa...
Yeah, I mean, every returning DLC costume from 4 that wasn't promoted/already in the base game is systematically getting resold. You'd think that Geno and even Monster Hunter getting that would prepare them for the inevitable, but apparently not.

Me too.

Didn't Sakurai say somewhere several years ago that Pac-Man was the only Bandai Namco character he wanted for Smash 4? It makes me wonder if the same thing will happen for Ultimate. Odds are the Lloyd Mii costume is coming back just like the rest of the Smash 4 costumes, so maybe there's just NOT going to be a 2nd Namco character, despite them being kind of deserving of one. I mean unless Lloyd does wind up being upgraded. He IS the only other Namco character I can see being added to the game at this point.
If I do recall he had said that it was a specific request from Miyamoto (and one of the main catalysts behind the guest fighter introduction for Brawl, though it didn't pan out at the time). So maybe he only acts for them if Miyamoto says so? The most we got was Sak saying that translating Tekken's 3D arena gameplay into Smash would be a challenge. Let's be real here, Western Tales of fans don't have the greatest treatment, historically speaking, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lloyd is skipped over.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Heihachi was considered for Smash 4:

But they didn't include him because Sakurai thought his moveset would have been too difficult to implement into Smash.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
On the subject of genetically-modified animals fighting megalomaniacs wanting to take over the world...

This is apparently a thing, and I'm already loving every minute of it.
The cutscenes look so damn good, literally the perfect visuals for a TMNT cartoon. I'll be waiting for this game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, King has been answering a Q&A session on Instagram, and here are some choice responses:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Tried my hand at a Crash trailer a while back. Thought I'd share this with you guys.

Cross flair intro

The trailer begins the way K. Rool and Banjo's trailers began, only this time, after showing Donkey Kong and K. Rool, it shows Sephiroth and Cloud before the TV turns off. We then cut to Donkey Kong's mouth as he yawns for a bit before we get a full shot of the inside of the house, with the right-side wall looking hastily boarded up from the Banjo trailer. Donkey Kong is relaxing in front of the TV, Diddy is hanging from the tire, K. Rool is having his beauty sleep, Banjo is using the Kremling's belly as a makeshift pillow and Kazooie is, amusingly enough, playing Smash on a Nintendo Switch. And judging from her scrunched-up beak, she's losing.

Suddenly, a cartoonish POW! sound is heard and something flies past the screen as it smashes through the right wall, jolting Banjo & K. Rool awake. Kazooie pauses her game for a moment and whirls her head to the side from where the thing flew from. Donkey Kong hops onto his feet and turns to the hole in the wall before the camera cuts to the 5 popping their head out of the hole in the wall, looking around for who is presiding. A shadow jumps from the top of the screen and lands in front of them, causing them to squint. The camera pans up to a familiar figure with large ears and a pair of long arms...only for the figure to spin and reveal he's Incineroar, who lets out a roar before flashing a smug grin.

The five are left in shock as Incineroar belts out uproarious laughter. Suddenly, out of nowhere something whirls from the right and knocks the Heel Pokemon the heck off the screen with a spinning attack. It then looks over its shoulder and reveals a familiar marsupial...

CRASH Goes For A Spin!

The five are then shown looking at one another in shock and confusion as Crash has been known for fighting various humanoid animals like Dingodile and Ripper Roo before Crash leaps into the house and the sound of loud cartoonish fighting is heard.

We then cut to gameplay taking place on the Wumpa Islands stage, where Crash Bandicoot is shown to have a mobile playstyle involving crates, Wumpa fruits, and of course, spinning. We then see him taunt a bit, showing Aku Aku who smiles at Crash as a doting father would. We then see his Final Smash, which involves Crash putting Aku Aku on and charging forwards, catching multiple opponents. We are then shown a cutscene where Crash runs into a TNT crate that begins a timer. The timer runs out and the crate explodes creating a chain reaction with multiple other Nitro crates and TNT crates as Crash keeps running towards the captured fighters before he smashes past them, leaving them to their explosive demise.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Crash Bandicoot

We then show a final CG cutscene where Crash is calmed down and happily making up with his supposed adversaries, playing Smash with Kazooie all the while. Banjo, K. Rool, and the Kongs are watching evenly rooting for Crash or Kazooie. Donkey Kong then looks at the hole in the wall and back at the TV before it cuts to the outside of the Kongs' hut, where the TV is promptly thrown out of the house, where the screen promptly breaks and the machine itself is left in ruins.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Activision Publishing, Inc.

Added detail: In my mind, the trailer music would differ per region: West will get a remix of Crash 1's theme, Japan will get the masterpiece that is Crash Banji-kyuusu.
I know you don't like it, but there's always the "rule of three" comedy thing. I did it a 3rd time, then made sure it won't happen again at the end with DK destroying the TV. Regardless, I respect your opinion and can understand your reasoning.
I've been thinking about this, and honestly I feel like you may be on to something. I think the "rule of three" could definately come into play here. It could definately tie back to the K. Rool trailer which is, interestingly enough, called "The Rivals". The only main thing I would change is include Mario and Sonic in there (which with Crash also makes three ;)). And I definately think Sonic should be the one masquerading as Crash. Not only are they similar looking mammalian platform characters, but Crash's game used to be called "Sonic's ass" during development. Maybe they might even reference that by having Sonic-Crash face away from the camera before revealing himself? Lol

There's probably many different ways you could do this sort of trailer, but Mario has to be there because he connects everyone together (DK was also Mario's rival at one point). I think this could very well be what we see.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, King has been answering a Q&A session on Instagram, and here are some choice responses:

Two takeaways:

1. Now that Mr. Crumb is back, we need to start petitioning for the OTHER obscure Crash villain: Mr. Crool.
2. As far as crossovers go, it really depends on how far they're willing to go. Spyro honestly seems inevitable to me, and maybe Skylanders as well since Crash and Cortex were playable there. But aside from them... does Activision own any other cartoony franchises that wouldn't be out of place in a Crash game? Or heck, would they be willing to collab with any third party companies?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Two takeaways:

1. Now that Mr. Crumb is back, we need to start petitioning for the OTHER obscure Crash villain: Mr. Crool.
2. As far as crossovers go, it really depends on how far they're willing to go. Spyro honestly seems inevitable to me, and maybe Skylanders as well since Crash and Cortex were playable there. But aside from them... does Activision own any other cartoony franchises that wouldn't be out of place in a Crash game? Or heck, would they be willing to collab with any third party companies?
Not really. Crash and Spyro are it (unless Blizzard tosses in the Vikings, I guess).

Sonic seems like a given, although it'd be neat if they could lobby for Ratchet and Clank somehow.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So in today's episode of "random Twitter accounts that potentially either leak something that's true or false" this Twitter account (@LMcspeak) posted some "leaks" that could maybe happen or not, and even if they turn out to be false (which they prob are) I figured to post about it in here and see how you guys think about some of stuff here:

Crash is CP10
Lloyd is a Mii costume
No Skylanders representation
Possible Spyro representation
No alternate costumes like Fake Crash
Cortex as a “Deluxe” costume (although the person mentioned "Neo cortex mask" so no idea on what that means)
12 songs with Crash

And the person is particular is saying that Crash will be CP10 with Master Chief being CP11, along with some other non-Crash "leaks":

• Waluigi remains as an assist trophy
  • Fortnite wont make it into Smash as a fighter

Again, take everything with a grain of salt on this one in regards of whether or not this is true, but I figured to post this here to see like I said what you fellas think.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Glad you liked the moveset.

As for Banjo parallels, the main things would be that he's a western 90's mascot platformer and that he's now easily one of most talked about characters for Smash speculation. It feels like he has the same amount of buzz as Banjo did around this time in 2019, although Banjo did probably have more leaks and rumours behind him.
Crash Bandicoot has become or viewed by the majority of Smash fan speculators as "Banjo-Kazooie 2.0" or pretty much the successor to them for Fighter Pass 2.

It's funny how how much in common both franchises have, You got these 2 not dumb, But somewhat slow, cartoony furry mammalian anthropomorphic animals with long snouts/noses who like to constantly nap in their downtime that talk in funny voices with their trademark "Guh-Huh's" and "Whoa's" wearing shorts.

Not to mention how both franchises fell from grace into the 2000's along with different companies taking ownership of the IP and having a controversial game in the late 2000's that put the franchise on ice with Crash Bandicoot only just breaking out after a decade or so.

While I like the way Banjo-Kazooie feels and play in Smash as they are now my mains, Most Smash fans say their too basic and "Boring" to play as and their moveset plays like Smash 64 or Brawl and Crash is getting the same reception gameplay wise as well.

But that being said I like the little moveset cartoon mashup with Crash interacting with Banjo as it's good to see that their is a decent amount of overlap I've seen of fans of Banjo-Kazooie pushing for Crash Bandicoot as the next platformer mascot to join Smash Bros.

Though his trailer will likely involve Mario and Sonic if Crash Bandicoot somehow does make it into Smash, But I personally wouldn't mind seeing fellow platforming mascots Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie make an appearance as well even if it's just a minor gameplay or CGI scene with them in the same shot.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So in today's episode of "random Twitter accounts that potentially either leak something that's true or false" this Twitter account (@LMcspeak) posted some "leaks" that could maybe happen or not, and even if they turn out to be false (which they prob are) I figured to post about it in here and see how you guys think about some of stuff here:

Crash is CP10
Lloyd is a Mii costume
Cortex as a “Deluxe” costume (although the person mentioned "Neo cortex mask" so no idea on what that means)
12 songs with Crash

And the person is particular is saying that Crash will be CP10 with Master Chief being CP11, along with some other non-Crash "leaks":

Again, take everything with a grain of salt on this one in regards of whether or not this is true, but I figured to post this here to see like I said what you fellas think.
I mean, I thought this was fake the moment you said "random Twitter user", but then it got even faker when they said Master Chief was Fighter 11.

Look, no offense, but WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK FIGHTER 11 IS GOING TO BE A BIG NAME THIRD PARTY!?!?! Fighter 10 is already pushing it in my opinion (but definetly still possible), but Smash NEVER ends on a high note. It's like an unwritten rule at this point!

I'm sorry, but these kinds of leaks are... honestly getting annoying at this point...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Something that perhaps should be considered:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, Ayumi Tachibana could be coming next, got it.

Crash is CP10
Lloyd is a Mii costume
12 songs with Crash

The only positive thing I can say about it is that it's not from 4Chan. If Chief doesn't get anything on the Switch, there's no reason for me to believe this.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I thought this was fake the moment you said "random Twitter user", but then it got even faker when they said Master Chief was Fighter 11.

Look, no offense, but WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK FIGHTER 11 IS GOING TO BE A BIG NAME THIRD PARTY!?!?! Fighter 10 is already pushing it in my opinion (but definetly still possible), but Smash NEVER ends on a high note. It's like an unwritten rule at this point!

I'm sorry, but these kinds of leaks are... honestly getting annoying at this point...
As far as the "unwritten rule" point: This is Nintendo we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a unexpected boomerang and change up the usual fighters selection rule. And hey! If it happens as the person is speculating, I wouldn't complain tbh. But for right now, I take this "leak" with a low chance, although the non-Crash stuff with Waluigi and Fortnite is probably the most realistic thing to be stated in the whole thing.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So, Ayumi Tachibana could be coming next, got it.

The only positive thing I can say about it is that it's not from 4Chan. If Chief doesn't get anything on the Switch, there's no reason for me to believe this.
True, or maybe MC does get stuff announced for the Switch alongside his reveal maybe? But we'll see. Like I said, the "leak" in itself I give it (out of 10 as far it possibly happening) is like a 2 or a 3 (highest number I'll give it is a 5) It has a somewhat decent chance but we'll see how the months leading up to E3 tell us as far as whether or not this thing has legs to it, prob not but we'll see

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Something that perhaps should be considered:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And that's just one reason I'm predicting a May reveal for CP10

Also, funny how these Master Chief "leaks" are suddenly popping up all over the place after the articles talking about how Wal-Mart may have "leaked" him for Smash. I guess with Concert Leak and all of the other popular ones being dead, people have to scramble to find the next big "leak" to cling onto for the next couple months before they're inevitably proven wrong by Challenger 10 NOT being the character in those "leaks". People never learn...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

At least ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos has the sense to settle for a hypothetical FP3 in the (likely) event that Chief doesn't pop up in FP2.

The only "big finish" for DLC anything that I have ever seen was for Nitro-Fueled. And even then, they still followed that up with a Lab Assistant, babies and a box.

Smash always ends with some experimental and/or obscure character that's there for the hardest of hardcore who are still around for the game's support by that point.

At best, I'd expect Chief as the second-to-last character of a hypothetical third batch, not before that, not after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom