• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm hosting a Melee tourney on the 31st at ODU, same venue.

The Brawl tourney this weekend [I just announced it today LOL] is singles and doubles but it will NOT be at ODU...

I'll get you the address if you guys are coming.

$5 each event, per person
$3 venue fee [BlackG's ElectricityAndOtherIncidentals Fee] ---possibly waived for bringing a setup...I'll see what I can do about that.

Melee on the 31st will be singles and doubles
$5 each event, per person

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for the results, the guy who ran the tourny still hasn't made the thread lol. I made it out of pools despite Jman being in it, and I almost beat Reno's Sheik in brackets. Then I beat an amazing Ice Climber main in loser's, and then I lost to TechZero's Sheik. Ironically, Reno and TechZero teamed at this tourny LMAO figures they'd be the two Sheiks I lose to. I teamed with a CTer I knew well on the boards, but had never met. We did MUCH better than I expected. Won twice, lost to a team we should have beat, then lost to some New York players who we also came close to beating.

In case you can't tell, I love Melee.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yo what up *****es :o im kinda back to brawl i mean i **** too much in melee and fox dittos are eh im good at them but if i face someone the same level its whoever kills first wins...

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I saw those matches, he sitll lose to M2k, but it was close. I just don't find Brawl all that exciting anymore, so I'm not going to any more tournaments or many smashfests.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's not about the game, it's about the community. Hanging with smashers all day is a lot of fun.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I know, I love the community a lot too, but Brawl brings out the worst in people a lot more than you think. Plus I'm very tired of losing to people I shouldn't and having to do certain things to win certain matches. Even if I beat a camper or staller, it's not fun at all. It causes me pain to even sit next to people who play like that.

boss8

Smash Hero
brawl can be fast paced like no joke......only if your willing to amp it up......

melee can be the same way...they are both fun IMO......

play ninjalinks ROB and tell me what game looks more fast paced while playing in the zone.....

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
brawl can be fast paced like no joke......only if your willing to amp it up......

melee can be the same way...they are both fun IMO......

play ninjalinks ROB and tell me what game looks more fast paced while playing in the zone.....
yea really. you don't have to sit back and camp to win ppl just choose to.

Same thing in melee ppl chose to camp in that as well and won

boss8

Smash Hero
so wtf...both games can be fun depeding on how you put them.....lol at ninjalink....

ninjalink-WTF you rob players cant camp a mario he has a cape (idiots) plus he can camp you back just as hard.....dont forget the combo potential and weight diffrence.....lol rob dont camp a mario or you will always lose....

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah I've beaten NL's ROB in tourny, of course that was so long ago we probably both sucked a lot back then lol. His ROB is aggressive and fast, but not even close to Melee speed. Fox Falco all day.

Brawl can be fun, but in tournament play it mostly is not (for me anyway). Maybe if I always had brackets with people who didn't camp I'd enjoy it a lot more. But I don't, so I don't.

boss8

Smash Hero
Yeah I've beaten NL's ROB in tourny, of course that was so long ago we probably both sucked a lot back then lol. His ROB is aggressive and fast, but not even close to Melee speed. Fox Falco all day.

Brawl can be fun, but in tournament play it mostly is not (for me anyway). Maybe if I always had brackets with people who didn't camp I'd enjoy it a lot more. But I don't, so I don't.
i dont see how you can get ***** in melee and not care....but when you get ***** in brawl you care??? wtf....

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I have fun when I get ***** in Melee. And CK I've already made Diddy into Melee Fox lol I was the fastest Diddy around. Azen is the smartest obviously and NL's is the trickiest.

Top Bottom