• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Otakon is possibly the best place to go during summer..
not including going on vacation of course... -.-

Let me contribute to this conversation.
I have been to like..probably fifteen different anime cons in my lifetime(More than most of you probably), so I have experience with all sorts of different cons. About 90% of those cons sucked really hard. Katsucon itself sucked pretty hard, with the only thing making up for it was its attendance(There was a **** ton of people). USUALLY an average con can become fun with alcohol. Sometimes however, even this is not possible and Katsu is one of these examples. With that said, Katsu is also the most expensive con I have been to. Anyways. Conclusion: Katsu was definitely not the worst I have been to, but surely it was below average. If I had to give it a rating, I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

Then I saw Ota's door fee and I'm just like(wtf..). Its only triple the cost of your average con. I swear if it Otakon sucks I'm gonna start going to only super huge sci fi conventions =\ I have never heard anything bad about events like Dragon Con.
what ? ...

sigh.. here come another OOS MACHINE....... :mad:

0kin

Smash Journeyman
recently, ive been going for the raves. No matter how fail a con is, they always make up for it there for me. Though, the dj on saturday at katsu was pretty weak sauce. I miss when otakon had fukken ARCADE CABINETS in the game room.

Laijin

Smash Hero
recently, ive been going for the raves. No matter how fail a con is, they always make up for it there for me. Though, the dj on saturday at katsu was pretty weak sauce. I miss when otakon had fukken ARCADE CABINETS in the game room.
I thought this was a dream that would never come true again. The best con I have ever been to had a full arcade room(AWA 10). Otakon should step it up and get back those arcade cabinets ;o

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Otakon will never suck.

Anime Boston is an unmentioned con here but it's by far the best con I've ever been to (yes, better than Otakon). The staff is usually always very nice (though I had a slight issue last year but it was more about where the hell I was supposed to go), the lines go quick and there's so much to do there. The atmosphere is nice as well, and I always always always have fun. There hasn't been a year yet where I hated it or even disliked it (I've been going for about 4 or 5 years now). Maybe it's because of the people I go with but I also go with awesome people at Ota too. Either way Anime Boston and Otakon are my two favorites.

Shinku

Smash Champion
katsu wasnt so great mainly cuz we were still recovering from a blizzard. im sure itll be better next time when the weathers not sucking

otakon keeps getting better and better. more games keep coming out, more people keep arriving, and more stuff to do every year

0kin

Smash Journeyman
Otakon will never suck.

Anime Boston is an unmentioned con here but it's by far the best con I've ever been to (yes, better than Otakon). The staff is usually always very nice (though I had a slight issue last year but it was more about where the hell I was supposed to go), the lines go quick and there's so much to do there. The atmosphere is nice as well, and I always always always have fun. There hasn't been a year yet where I hated it or even disliked it (I've been going for about 4 or 5 years now). Maybe it's because of the people I go with but I also go with awesome people at Ota too. Either way Anime Boston and Otakon are my two favorites.
I went to anime boston just for one day two years ago just to see The Pillows(the guys who did most of the FLCL ost) play. it was pretty fun there the ONE day i there. One of these days ill actually commit to going for the full course con

Lobos

Smash Master
Katsucon when it was in DC (Omni Shorham Hotel) was prolly the best and I've been going since 05.

Otakon gets better every year I go (been going since 07), last year Otakon was one of the funnest times I've had all summer.....bump that it was one of the best times of 2009!
Seeing the Killers live was #1......lol saw Muse and Silversun Pickups last night too (I'll post vids on my FB tomorrow)

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Otakon 2008 was the best. Just because of JAM Project. 2K9 was fun because of the time I spent with BMore and Haley :D

Also AUSA 2k9 was fun, of course, I was wasted the entire time with Vidjo :D calling Haley and Cristin while they were at ROM2 and talking to drunk Mango over the phone. **** was pretty cash. At the con itself, rave was fun, getting with other drunk people was fun, trolling the game room (BANG BANG BANG BANG! In every match) was hella fun too.

Though lately, animecons haven't really done much for me... Otakon might be too expensive for me (getting a car AND going to Vegas in one year... Yeeeeah). I've been going to them for 9 years, maybe I should stop.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i really hope that's just a joke. if it is, its not very funny. Micheal Caine is a good actor and all but after seeing him in goldmember and the batman series, i couldn't see him shooting someone for whatever reason.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Anyone going to Anime Boston? There's a bunch of us looking for a place to crash lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
As is the current ecomony and job market.

How about I continue being an upstanding citizen and STILL get ****ed in the *** by the government! YES LET'S ALL LEARN FROM GERARD BUTLER AND BE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS

~rh

Smash Lord
who was at cp for that 'riot' after the game?

i heard from my ex that a guy we knew (+ didn't really like) was drunk out of his *** and got peppersprayed by jsrf lookin' riot cops.

sooo good :laugh:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Did ok I guess, don't really play Melee as much as I used to lol. I lost to two legit players so I'm fine with how I placed, which I can't even remember lol I'm sure the results thread is up by now.

OSCARS TONIGHT BABY!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Haha MD/VA is (unfortunately) a Brawl region. They have a tourny every week (sometimes two on the same day), while we get a Melee tourny once every month or two at best. And I'm glad people like Joe and Max have started hosting again, but it will still be once in a blue moon that there will be a tourny to attend. Of course I still go to the ones that I can because I love this game and the people in the community. But now my interest in becoming better is waning, I just don't practice as much as I used to. I play more for fun than anything else now, I've kinda lost my competitive spirit :( which is ok, I guess it's just time to move on. Gotta start making movies at some point ;)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
HAHAHHAHA

you know, eh, I'm not gonna lie, the thought HAS crossed my mind. But I just wouldn't enjoy myself, it'd be all about the money and I refuse to become one of those people that compromise their morals for money. How superficial and pathetic (no offense to the people who actually play Brawl because they enjoy it, props to them!).

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol get on the Diddy son, and play with me! We would have a fun time =D

We team and we would get so good that we could just talk about movie and anime as we 6 stock our opponents!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Seb is my static Brawl partner, back off son.

Seb, come back and you'll have fun, doesn't just have to be about money, seeing your friends more often and playing a game, sounds like a good time to me :]

Top Bottom