• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

thumbswayup

Smash Master
hahahahaha good times indeed. I also remember the only time G-reg and I ever teamed and we got 2nd rofl

but return to Brawl @_@ I don't know about that lol

edit- holy crap G-reg the fifth one has been out?!?!?! LOL I kept up with these until I realized it took him a year to make each one lol so I just forgot about it after the fourth. Time to wacth em all again!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude, i had only watched the first one like 3 years ago.... so i was a virgin the to following 4!!!

jesus christ are they amazing. i find myself rewatching them in slo-mo to see more in-depth. i also approve of how Tifas materia is all truthful to the game.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
dude, i had only watched the first one like 3 years ago.... so i was a virgin the to following 4!!!

jesus christ are they amazing. i find myself rewatching them in slo-mo to see more in-depth. i also approve of how Tifas materia is all truthful to the game.
His attention to detail is astonishing. He didn't have to HALF of the crazy **** he did, but he did it and perfectly. Like the whole fight with them sliding down the mountain is AMAZING. And there's like no point to any of this, it's just a kick *** celebration of style and characters and choreography. SO GOOD

DON'T DO IT SEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbBBBBBBBB
Well let's look at an old saying by Mark Twain:

"I deal with temptation by yielding to it"

LOL nah I'm jk but if Brawl is successful in MLG then an outbreak of increased popularity will only lead to MORE Brawl tournies in MD/VA, which will lower the almost non-existant number of Melee tournies I suspect. What choice will I have in the coming months? It's something to consider, but I don't want to do it. Maybe I'll just quit smash altogether when Starcraft 2 comes out LOL

Lobos

Smash Master
Actually seb that's a good answer.....cause tekken is some butt and melee is fighting the new decade :p

Besides sc2, I can't wait for diablo 3......on the pc side....

FF13 comes out in 1 week too.....plus still hanging on to my wii for monster hunters 3.....

Laijin

Smash Hero
Actually seb that's a good answer.....cause tekken is some butt and melee is fighting the new decade :p

Besides sc2, I can't wait for diablo 3......on the pc side....

FF13 comes out in 1 week too.....plus still hanging on to my wii for monster hunters 3.....
Did not see this post..
FF13 has not come out yet?
With all the people *****ing about how much it sucks, thats a surprise to me. =\
Their only complaint is "Its too linear". To my knowledge, all FF games are linear.
Hopefully its good since the team from 10 made it and not the team from 12. ;o

Laijin

Smash Hero
Has anyone figured out how Woli is able to do this?
Seriously. wtf. lol.
Also. For everyone who did not rage quit already when Miyata won his last match, I'm pretty sure everyone else is prolly gonna jump in the boat as well after this match.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
What's wrong with Katsucon now? =(

This year was my first.
It's gone down hill every year I think. Last year's was horrible, but it was saved because we all got **** faced and in our drunken stupor had the time of our lives. But even alcohol couldn't save Katus this year, it just felt tiresome and unfun. There wasn't anything to do and this is why Otakon is a billion times better because there IS ALWAYS something to do at Otakon. Hell, just walking around Otakon is fun. Not the same for Katsu sadly.

lol I went to katsu since 04 :p when it was soooo good..... :p
Ha I wish I could have gone to those. I'm not sure if I want to continue going to Katsu anymore.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It's gone down hill every year I think. Last year's was horrible, but it was saved because we all got **** faced and in our drunken stupor had the time of our lives. But even alcohol couldn't save Katus this year, it just felt tiresome and unfun. There wasn't anything to do and this is why Otakon is a billion times better because there IS ALWAYS something to do at Otakon. Hell, just walking around Otakon is fun. Not the same for Katsu sadly.
I understand 100%. Otakon is definitely more interesting that Katsucon. Like I remember going to Ota-Chan do doing origami with little kids and playing Pokemon Master Quest. I did however really enjoy Katsu this year just because it was my first year and there actually things I really wanted to do there.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Let me contribute to this conversation.
I have been to like..probably fifteen different anime cons in my lifetime(More than most of you probably), so I have experience with all sorts of different cons. About 90% of those cons sucked really hard. Katsucon itself sucked pretty hard, with the only thing making up for it was its attendance(There was a **** ton of people). USUALLY an average con can become fun with alcohol. Sometimes however, even this is not possible and Katsu is one of these examples. With that said, Katsu is also the most expensive con I have been to. Anyways. Conclusion: Katsu was definitely not the worst I have been to, but surely it was below average. If I had to give it a rating, I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

Then I saw Ota's door fee and I'm just like(wtf..). Its only triple the cost of your average con. I swear if it Otakon sucks I'm gonna start going to only super huge sci fi conventions =\ I have never heard anything bad about events like Dragon Con.

Top Bottom