• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I only got 61 LOL! Failure!

My heart literally IMPLODED when they played Utada's Beautiful World RIGHT AFTER School Days' Innocent Blue. That was just CRUEL!

It WOULD end with an AIR song. =D

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I walk across the entire screen while taking it up. Awesome.

Anyway, the TOs haven't posted it here yet, but
East Coast Throwdown 2 in NJ May 22-23

Game list is
* Super Street Fighter IV (PlayStation 3) - This will potentially be the FIRST Super Street Fighter IV MAJOR
* Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3)
* Super Street Fighter II Turbo (PlayStation 3)
* BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (TBA)
* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PlayStation 2)
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PlayStation 2)
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (PlayStation 2)
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)
* Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME on PC, sticks will be provided)
* Super Smash Bros Melee

Melee is included on this, I'm going for Melty Blood Primarily, but I think this would be a good thing for MD/VA to go to... Though they do not have melee details up yet, it's still TBA. This is currently the first announced major for SSFIV though. Still more details to come. I saw this info on melty bread.

Also everyone who I play against in BBCS is free. I'll MM anyone here in Blazblue Continuum Shift.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Eh, only issue is that the venue fee is $25, eww... But he is getting EVERYONE like a $200 discount per night for hotels (prices going from $289 to $89 from what I hear)... So yeeeeah. Money has gotta go somewhere.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
That's probably the first multiple fighting game event I've seen in a long time without Brawl on it. I like it.

EDIT: I'm going to be in Baltimore for a week starting March 19. Anyone want to play Melee then? D:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
seb, i cant stress enough how much of a sick, must watch of a match this is. and dont get me wrong silent wolf would **** all our **** but jesus i think ss got mad cuz his first name is silent too LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLiMgutA9HM&feature=related
Seen it lolol SS is awesome

That's probably the first multiple fighting game event I've seen in a long time without Brawl on it. I like it.

EDIT: I'm going to be in Baltimore for a week starting March 19. Anyone want to play Melee then? D:
We will definitely play.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So guys, since the Academy Award nominees will be announced tomorrow and since it's pretty obvious which films are going to be nominated for best picture (there are ten nominees for this category this year instead of the traditional five), what movie did you think was the best film of 2009?

My favorite film of 2009 is Inglorious Basterds.

Lobos

Smash Master
Lol at Thumbs shaking his head to get the dime off. About to make a gif out of that =3

lulz!~!

Clearly Avatar =3 lulz! Still haven't seen it.
Do it! I will sig it and thumbs is STILL pink LMAO

Ck is the biggest otaku here followed by me and btree lolol NKB I am disappointed son

thumbswayup

Smash Master
As long as Michael Bay wins (LOL) for worst director and Megan Fox gets worst actress and Transformers 2 gets worst movie I'll be happy. **** that awful piece of ****.

Gigli or Battlefield Earth will probably win worst film of the decade. They are both notoriously bad LOL

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Gigli was an interesting love story, people were blinded by two big stars taking on the roles, it was a great movie.

Michael Bay directed Transformers, how the hell can he be worst director!?!?

edit: WTFBBQKFC @ Korn

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I only get "mad" because the movies are so unbelievably bad. Most people are so stupid they'll like any piece of garbage thrown their way with a couple action scenes and no story whatsoever. But no, when you get something that has TONS of potential and you buy your ticket opening night with high hopes only to realize you've wasted $10.50 and 2 hours of your life, you get pissed, especially after so many years of being let down.

You go ahead and enjoy movies like Battle Royale 2 and Transformers 2. I can't subject myself to enjoy things like that. There are better more interesting GREAT films to see with my time. You better believe I'm gonna lash out when Transformers 1 was so entertaining and then the second one ended up being the way it was. Same thing with Spider-man 3, SAME THING WITH HUNDREDS OF OTHER TITLES EVERY YEAR.

Man I'd be just as angry if Avatar or Inglorious Basterds ended up being disappointing. But they weren't! Cause James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino are amazing.

Top Bottom