• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I guess I came back at the wrong time again. *leaves*

Also Mike, we had a Jackie Chan Fist of Fire drunk tourney at NEC :D

g-regulate

Smash Hero
hey neverknows have you ever watched Bounen no Xamd? just started it a bit ago and i heard it was really good.

how come you are the anime guru and we have never watched the same anime? (given ive only watched like 8 all the way through.)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
hey neverknows have you ever watched Bounen no Xamd? just started it a bit ago and i heard it was really good.

how come you are the anime guru and we have never watched the same anime? (given ive only watched like 8 all the way through.)
No I haven't yet, but if you recommend it I will DEFINITELY take a look into it =D

Who knows why we never watch the same stuff haha! Maybe it was fate so that we can tell each other new animes to watch, and never RUN OUT OF ANIME!

It could also be because of the genres we like. I honestly haven't found an anime that I haven't at least sort of liked. I tend to lean towards Mechas (Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Eureka 7), Romance/Romantic Comedy/Comedy (Toradora!, School Rumble), Slice of Life (BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Lucky Star) and FLCL. Lol FLCL gets it's own category =D

What do you tend to watch?

Shinku

Smash Champion
but griffith wrecks his woman /yayuhz
lol. yeah thats true. caska wanted to **** him so badly, and he did take that 16 year old
princess virginity, and he ***** caska at the end. yet i do wonder if hes bi?

anyway, seb i got a dark knight question in the movie. now without cheating and looking it up on some article or something, there's one particular scene i was wondering about, one of the epic scenes.

after batman takes down that big truck with his motorcycle. it flips over in a slow motion fashion and the joker gets out with a rifle, shooting at cars looking very upset. now he says "i want ya do it, cmon hit me!". as batman head towards him in a game of chicken. now batman dosent hit joker but instead just yells arghh and then gets himself completely effed up and the joker just turns around looking like (wtf?).

my question is why did batman do that? was he scared, did the joker have grenades on him? cuz i dont think he was going to shoot him? or was it cuz he planned it out so commissioner Gordan could surprise him? hmmm???

(btw i bet your getting a boner typing dark knight stuff, your sick seb)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol. yeah thats true. caska wanted to **** him so badly, and he did take that 16 year old

anyway, seb i got a dark knight question in the movie. now without cheating and looking it up on some article or something, there's one particular scene i was wondering about, one of the epic scenes.

after batman takes down that big truck with his motorcycle. it flips over in a slow motion fashion and the joker gets out with a rifle, shooting at cars looking very upset. now he says "i want ya do it, cmon hit me!". as batman head towards him in a game of chicken. now batman dosent hit joker but instead just yells arghh and then gets himself completely effed up and the joker just turns around looking like (wtf?).

my question is why did batman do that? was he scared, did the joker have grenades on him? cuz i dont think he was going to shoot him? or was it cuz he planned it out so commissioner Gordan could surprise him? hmmm???

(btw i bet your getting a boner typing dark knight stuff, your sick seb)
That's a very interesting question and is indeed something I thought about upon my second and third viewings of the movie. My thoughts on the scene are that Batman didn't think the Joker would willingly stand there to get hit the whole time (as is the point of chicken). I think he was trying to scare the Joker and he hoped he would jump out of the way or something and when he saw that he wasn't gonna move he obviously was not going to run him over (he's Batman!) so in his realization he forces the turn at the last second (hence his yelling during this) hoping to regain his composure. He doesn't though, and instead flips and crashes the batpod into the truck.

Now I don't think he had that planned out because that would mean knowing Gordon was alive and would get the Joker at gunpoint if he took the fall like that. That's certainly one way of looking at it though, but I don't think Batman knew Gordon was alive and there the entire time (I guess it's possible though, unless there's something about the film I don't rememeber atm). If that's the case, then the crashing the batpod was planned but it's not what I believe. Because if this was true why would Batman be at Gordon's home when the police inform his wife and son that he's dead? He wouldn't be I don't think, that's audience manipulation and a film of this calibur does not do that.

and yeah I got hard while typing all that :p

Shinku

Smash Champion
Bruce thought Gordan was dead. at least im assuming so, since he was in the shadows chilling when the cops came to his to inform his wife, hes dead. perhaps gordan was one of the guards in the van with a helmet on or somewhere close, waiting for the right moment, so they did the public transportation out in the open to get the joker, that was probably all Gordans plan, not batman's.

but back to the game of chicken, Bruce wasn't gonna kill him, ill just accept that.

btw, you going to chus this sat? itll be good pound 4 practice.

Lobos

Smash Master
no he is just drawn that way lol....didn't caska get gang banged? by monsters? lol I don't know the differences between the anime and manga

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
just bought harry potter 6 dvd

it's actually pretty good, but i don't like the fact that all coolest characters died :/
*activates Nerd mode*

6th movie was horrendous.

They skipped some of the most epic part of the book aka "The Battle of Hogwarts" and "The Battle under the Observatory."

Also they did that stupid thing where they replace characters actions with other characters actions. I also laughed when Snape said
"I am the Half Blood Prince."
It made no sense because they barely/if at all went into Snape's background in the movie the way they did in the book to make that line make sense.

I was watching the movie with my friend Jason (the black dude randomly shows up to tourneys with me) and as the movie progressed and we saw this was occurring, we just shook our heads in disappointment.

Now after all my complaining I would like to say... I did enjoy the movie!

I just didn't get what I was expecting.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I stopped watching the Harry Potter movies after the 3rd one (which I hated). I also haven't read the 7th book (read all the others so many years ago), I should probably get around to that.

I've been searching around for IMAX theaters in the area for Avatar Friday night. Anybody know of any good ones? I found one in Woodbridge but that's too far, and another in Alexandria but I don't think they let you order the tickets online for that theater which is gay.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
so yea after 5 i'll be at syphers whos all coming ? lol umm i can bring my laptop so we can transfer that video to an external hard drive

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I stopped watching the Harry Potter movies after the 3rd one (which I hated). I also haven't read the 7th book (read all the others so many years ago), I should probably get around to that.

I've been searching around for IMAX theaters in the area for Avatar Friday night. Anybody know of any good ones? I found one in Woodbridge but that's too far, and another in Alexandria but I don't think they let you order the tickets online for that theater which is gay.
Dude thumbs! Read The Percy Jackson and the Olympian books! The are about 300 pages a book and I like them more than the Harry Potter series!

The Lightning Thief is the first book! It's awesome and the movie is coming out Presidents Day!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
so yea after 5 i'll be at syphers whos all coming ? lol umm i can bring my laptop so we can transfer that video to an external hard drive
I won't be able to make it

Dude thumbs! Read The Percy Jackson and the Olympian books! The are about 300 pages a book and I like them more than the Harry Potter series!

The Lightning Thief is the first book! It's awesome and the movie is coming out Presidents Day!
Eh? Never heard of them, I'll check them out if I ever get the chance lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The only thing gay is the fact you want to see blue people making love in a jungle.

Top Bottom