• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
I've decided I def. want to go to this NJ Melee tourney and I def. wanna team with Matt. I just gotta see if my chain of command will let me get a 2 or 3 day pass.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Bars? in philly? on saturday night? good luck. I'm pretty sure Turbo would go to that though JCaesar.

Anyways, Jon, what days are you going over this week, lets play melee, I end up playing it every time I go there

Somehow I always end up not playing Brawl+, HAT and I just play regular brawl instead, and last time DK played regular brawl with us, and we watched Darker than black. Amazing.

Anyways, I need some melee practice Jon, friday night will you be there? I can come thursday too or even tomorrow night
im in pasadena now and cant have people over this house, unfortunately. I have to talk to the fridays here and figure out what im gonna do for work before i make plans t.,t

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
im in pasadena now and cant have people over this house, unfortunately. I have to talk to the fridays here and figure out what im gonna do for work before i make plans t.,t
I wasn't inviting myself to your house lolz

I was figuring you might plan on going to bmores at some point, in which case I would also plan, that way we could play melee

I think i'll be at bmores on friday, no promises though.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Trying to finish up alot of schoolwork, I'm lookin forward to alot of B+ this summer people...

...but first I need to get it setup XD

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Jcaes, plank, tant any of you got a copy of twilight I can borrow in the meantime while mine tries to get located?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah you can borrow it.

I'd like that back at some point though, before it gets lost forever...

Anyone up for + this week?

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Yeah you can borrow it.

I'd like that back at some point though, before it gets lost forever...

Anyone up for + this week?
Don't worry, I've got everything setup to get it going I just need the copy. If you could leave it with ron/matt I could get it/return it to them/they return it to you if thats easiest. I also could swing by your place sometime possibly this weekend since I prob have to go to frederick.

I want to brawl+ >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Pick you up and take you where? You can't come to my house, I live an hour and a half away.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
1.5 hours!? wtf!? Shouldn't be that long lol. Anyway, I am still pretty far. I'll see if we can try to get some of us up there. I'll talk with Tim and Seb about it.
-Rei

Reioumu

Smash Lord
You know I'm like 5-10 minutes from Tim's house? But I wouldn't mind playing there either. But yeah, the game is just too fun.
-Rei

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Vist its like Smash 64, at least the 4.0 version is, with a bit more DI

JCaesar, I take VERY good care of other people's belongings, it's a pet peeve of mine when I let someone borrow something and they trash it/lose it etc.

I'm not someone who will lose something like that. I can give it back to you this weekend at APEX.

Rang3

is being watched
Vist its like Smash 64, at least the 4.0 version is, with a bit more DI

JCaesar, I take VERY good care of other people's belongings, it's a pet peeve of mine when I let someone borrow something and they trash it/lose it etc.

I'm not someone who will lose something like that. I can give it back to you this weekend at APEX.

Not before you hack my Wii.

Vist

Smash Champion
thumbs - that sounds about right. melee can't really be topped but it doesn't take much to top brawl lol..

the ppl i've played brawl+ with at my school didn't seem to be too fond of my melee-ish falcon antics the last time I played, so I'm guessing the next time I play it there, it will have been changed to be less like melee =(

and by antics i mean ****

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thumbs - that sounds about right. melee can't really be topped but it doesn't take much to top brawl lol..

the ppl i've played brawl+ with at my school didn't seem to be too fond of my melee-ish falcon antics the last time I played, so I'm guessing the next time I play it there, it will have been changed to be less like melee =(

and by antics i mean ****
does this mean ur good to practice melee pretty often when ur free?? (probably after finals)

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Smash 64 has way more hitstun than brawl+

Brawl+ isn't as good as melee in it's prime, but it's better now IMO, if not only for the fact that there are so many characters and matchups to learn, cept half of them don't suck like in regular brawl. It just requires much less tech skill than melee.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Smash 64 has way more hitstun than brawl+

Brawl+ isn't as good as melee in it's prime, but it's better now IMO, if not only for the fact that there are so many characters and matchups to learn, cept half of them don't suck like in regular brawl. It just requires much less tech skill than melee.
this can be fixed. they should take out auto-l cancelling. if they did, i would play.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'd actually much prefer manual l-cancelling. I liked in melee how you had to be precise, cause one botched shffl and you got ****ed.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'd actually much prefer manual l-cancelling. I liked in melee how you had to be precise, cause one botched shffl and you got ****ed.
yeah, it adds a whole new level to the game, and a HUGE learning curve. it makes it so newbs just cant beat pros, and you have to practice a lot to get where you want to be.

thats why i hate brawl... i can quit for 2 months, not practice, come back, and still place just as well as I did when i left

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl+ is much closer to Melee than Smash 64. It's easy to combo but DI and airdodging are really strong so it's doesn't get too gay if you know what you're doing. It's like a slightly dumbed down version of Melee (but nowhere near as dumbed down as Brawl), but with 5 times the number of tourney viable characters. That's why I like it better, it just has a ton of variety that competitive Melee can't really touch. It stays interesting all the time.

Vist, Monday-Wednesday around 4 or 5pm is the most convenient time for me to stop by UMBC, because I'll be passing through the area on the way home from work. Let me know if you ever want to play around that time.

HAT

Smash Ace
yeah, it adds a whole new level to the game, and a HUGE learning curve. it makes it so newbs just cant beat pros, and you have to practice a lot to get where you want to be.

thats why i hate brawl... i can quit for 2 months, not practice, come back, and still place just as well as I did when i left
yeah, like losing to scrubby and ****ty at brawl at the mall

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Now that EE isn't posting on a new account every day, I can block his posts, so useful! Thanks mods!

Top Bottom