• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm not saying that the Matchup ratio is overrated, because I actually think it's still definitely in our favour (60:40)

I just think when people verse DDD they think 'pfft, he cant chaingrab me, this is gonna be easy'

But DDD can still do some serious damage to falco if we aren't careful

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah so today I was playing my DDD friend, there was a stock where I cant land a kill move on him, so I ended up killing him at 350% with a f-throw from the ledge, I was actually surprised that he didnt live that.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeahhhh, he would almost always shield when i approach him, so i got a ton of grabs against him, but I either missed my aerieals or he landed quickly. It was so funny since hes at teh point where hes almost dying off the top from phantasms. XD

Yeahhhh, he would almost always shield when i approach him, so i got a ton of grabs against him, but I either missed my aerieals or he landed quickly. It was so funny since hes at teh point where hes almost dying off the top from phantasms. XD
LOL :laugh:

That's the most entertaining thing I have heard all day. I thank you Yumewomiteru for posting that.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
agreed, I would like to know some tricks you can do with Snake's nades and Diddy's naners
I think everyone started talking about how DDD vs Falco isnt that easy, but to answer your question, I'm not to sure about the nades, but with Bananas, Gilde toss to Fsmash is a true combo. If u walk a bit I'm sure u can use a Dsmash, and i'm sure u can dash Usmash, not 100% sure if its a true combo though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I actually don't care if my opponents live too long.

Lately my wario friend has been living much longer, then I had to review my killing game, my one word of ultimate solution: bair

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What's the deal with our cg on marth? Does the running one work? Cause I've seen matches where marth isn't upB'ing out of it :\.

Denzi

Smash Master
Guise I hate Marth. He wasn't even good and he beat me D:

And yes, I know he wasn't good because I went Snake and two stocked him. I don't play Snake.

He also got insanely lucky and killed me all three times with tippers at ~70% =/

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
marth vs falco is annoying and really gay but it's 50-50

you just have to camp the **** out of him and abuse your juggles
lies, marth can get thru falco camping very well because of his speed and how low he gets in his dash, and marth's range > falco's range so his CQC is better than ours.

We can juggle him pretty well but he can juggle us better.
Id say 65-35 Marth.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wtf are you talking about? marth's boxing game sucks, his jab has poor hitstun + lasts a long time and can't be cancelled iirc
marth's approaches lose to powershielding and his methods to get around camping lose to falco's side b, lasers and roll (marth is super weak vs. planned rolling)
larry vs mike shows why this mu is even, it's all dependent on momentum

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
wtf are you talking about? marth's boxing game sucks, his jab has poor hitstun + lasts a long time and can't be cancelled iirc
marth's approaches lose to powershielding and his methods to get around camping lose to falco's side b, lasers and roll (marth is super weak vs. planned rolling)
larry vs mike shows why this mu is even, it's all dependent on momentum
*goes to watch Larry vs Mike*

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Marth vs Falco is all momentum and concentration based. Marth is pretty tough though.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
so what am i looking for exactly?
You asked what Marth would do to approach if you just started spamming lasers. I reference that specific video because it has the worst possible punishment.

I wouldn't really know though. I don't play Marth, and I don't play characters that have to deal with the lasers so much (Falco and G&W).

clowsui

Smash Legend
marth can approach through lasers by using powershield and then mixing up between standing at right beyond your ftilt range and right at your maximum dash attack range. there's a precise spacing for phantasm that he can force and can probably eventually punish if you do it enough, i haven't seen a falco do this to me yet

from that point you have no way to approach him safely so you gotta try and bait him somehow.

i haven't played a falco in a long time so i dunno if this is accurate

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Or marth just PS's all the lasers and keeps approaching and rolling back untill you screw up and phantasm because you predict wrong or he just goes for a fair and you get hit.

In either way, lasers are **** against any grounded character as fast as marth

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lasers are never ****.

Lasers are as **** as the man who uses them. You can always find a way to make them effective.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
^Truth. Change-up the timing of your lasers or something, because no character should be able to completely make lasers ineffective.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Or marth just PS's all the lasers and keeps approaching and rolling back untill you screw up and phantasm because you predict wrong or he just goes for a fair and you get hit.

In either way, lasers are **** against any grounded character as fast as marth
Learn to read

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can read better than you.

I don't see how grounded in any way changes the point. Lasers are never ****, even against grounded characters that move at the speed of light.

Top Bottom