• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Unacceptable. You're in no position to be putting down others like that. If you have a problem with him, PM him and figure it out, don't just demean yourself with such prepubescent language.

Keith, sometimes trying to prove your point just isn't worth it - best to just accept that your view won't be accepted for no reason sometimes. One's opinion will often clash with others', and for trivial things like these boards, it's okay to let it be.

never gets off keith's case said:
Urban Dictionary:
Trolling includes...

-batting people to flame at you
-putting the forum down and encouraging people to leave.
-flaming
-spamming
-using several identities on a board to support your own arguments / stage pretend arguments
-generally being a **** on a power trip.
He doesn't "bat" people to flame at him; he expresses his opinion, which is valid and generally non-harmful. He's never put the forum down, and only suggested Brawl discussion be kept out of a melee thread. He hasn't flamed anyone - that is, intentionally put someone down in an attempt to start an argument. Spamming only to the degree of anyone else in the Regional forum - certainly less than Ryan or Eric, and I don't see you their behinds. I don't recall Keith making multiple accounts to stage anything or start anything. The only instance of that happening on the BC thread I can remember is when people were banned and subsequently forced to make other screen names. And Keith on a power trip? You commit a good number of your posts to putting Keith down with your lack of tolerance.

Dang. Give the guy a break, he's not here to insult or put any of you down - he's just opinionated as anyone else.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I dislike how Keith puts down other users for absolutely no reason. He often acts like he's better than others due to them being newer to the community. His attitude does make it look like he's trying to get some newer players to leave. Spamming... yeah, I agree it's no less than many others here. It's quite annoying overall. Several identities I was referring to his little "Ryan hacked me" charade. And honestly, I do feel like he's on a bit of a power trip at times. Smash skill should not give anyone here the right to start looking down on people.

Keith was fine when I talked to him face-to-face. I just don't like how he behaves online. I saw Dynamism and Clouderz post harmless jokes and he jumped on them although his posting history is much worse than either of them.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Keith has smash skill? lol suuuuurrreee ;]
jkz you alright

It's called ignoring dumb things, and if someone feels like making a fool of themself, let em. Things don't change and they wont so don't push him to be more dumb Rushan. Let it be. (As the Beatles say) Doesn't anyone listen to classic rock anymore? lol

Updated the MOST1 thread finally lol

And this weekend is a little too much for me. My basement can't hold this many people. I think I might have a problem >_>

unityole

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST AUG 16th, NEXT SATURDAY!!!

Ryan you are my hero:chuckle:
h4x0rZ
Woah, what's up with that? Is Ryan hacking your account or something?
h4x0rZ x 2
hey keith, why the **** are u such a little *****? go ****ing suck a **** and shut the **** up.
obviously haX maX

Dang. Give the guy a break, he's not here to insult or put any of you down.
YESH

Keith was fine when I talked to him face-to-face. I just don't like how he behaves online. I saw Dynamism and Clouderz post harmless jokes and he jumped on them although his posting history is much worse than either of them.
YESH

unityole said:
hot moms, YES
hot moms, YES!
captain falcon, YES!

michael jackson, NO

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I dislike how Keith puts down other users for absolutely no reason. He often acts like he's better than others due to them being newer to the community. His attitude does make it look like he's trying to get some newer players to leave. Spamming... yeah, I agree it's no less than many others here. It's quite annoying overall. Several identities I was referring to his little "Ryan hacked me" charade. And honestly, I do feel like he's on a bit of a power trip at times. Smash skill should not give anyone here the right to start looking down on people.

You know what, I know where you're coming from. I actually do, it's very subtle, but it's there. I think he just wants to feel recognized as part of the community - something people have often denied him for no reason. But I really don't feel it's intentional, and so some grace is in order in correcting any ONLINE MISCONDUCT LULZ.

I saw you on the Skytrain yesterday or the day before =D.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Manuel, I know you often stick up for Keith on these boards, but even you must be able to see how abrasive his posts are.

He may or may not be a cool guy irl but he doesn't know how to carry himself online.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
51 if all of the unconfirmed and americans show up
46 if not

OH you're talking about van, then I donno ;P

Edit: I like my Avatar. I think it's the prettiest one here! :D

Edit: That's kind of cool Tooty...hmmmziez

Edit: Manli, just cause you're his bff doesn't mean he's not alsmot completely forum disfunctional lol

Edit: What's wrong with MJ Jack?!?! :O

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone, I havent been on the B.C. for the longest time (not that it makes much a difference) I was wondering, If there are any tournament listings for Vancouver, And also, I was wondering where I can find an updated reference of BC smashers... Thanks!

Metà

Smash Master
Hey aspiring Go players!
Only a matter of years now until the average computer is powerful enough to beat your best humans.

http://www.usgo.org/index.php?#_id=4602
Those were only on 9x9 and 11x11 though, I'm pretty sure it'll be a long time before a computer program can consistently beat a professional dan on 19x19. Still, that's very impressive that they can make such a powerful program. Go is so freakin hard. >_<

Do you play Go at all? If so, do you use KGS?

AIDS

Smash Lord
hey keith, why the **** are u such a little *****? go ****ing suck a **** and shut the **** up.
This is coming from someone who post just to be annoying, and trys to be. My account never got banned for a reason, and please stop hacking my account (as I have asked in the past a number of times) thank you.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You know what, I know where you're coming from. I actually do, it's very subtle, but it's there. I think he just wants to feel recognized as part of the community - something people have often denied him for no reason. But I really don't feel it's intentional, and so some grace is in order in correcting any ONLINE MISCONDUCT LULZ.

I saw you on the Skytrain yesterday or the day before =D.
Yeah, I kinda nodded as a hello but it was my stop so I got off =P

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Wow, a complete post from confidence, to johns in the brackets at the end...
.... That wasn't Johns. Clouders and Dieslow are amazing, you.... YOU EXPLETIVE NOUN!

Also, I just might make it out to the SFU smashfest on the 16th. Because it sounds like fun, and I need more practice, yo.

unityole

Smash Lord
Edit: What's wrong with MJ Jack?!?! :O
everything is wrong about MJ, just look at him, hes messed up. especially his nose, and his taste for little kids.. his Moonwalk its n00b compare to falcon's moonwalk in melee, fact.

Rampage: matt, eric, va-british!, you, me, adam, possibly manli, keith, ced, tiep and ryan? and a couple more?

someone get john to come too?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Those were only on 9x9 and 11x11 though, I'm pretty sure it'll be a long time before a computer program can consistently beat a professional dan on 19x19. Still, that's very impressive that they can make such a powerful program. Go is so freakin hard. >_<

Do you play Go at all? If so, do you use KGS?
I'm pretty sure that was a 19x19 board, but the computer did have a 9-stone handicap. I think I read somewhere that that's like playing chess and you're opponent starts without a queen. It's pretty big.

That being said, it'll be a very long time before a computer will beat a pro. I think what the computer's doing now is since there are a ton of different moves that can be analyzed, it just picks a bunch of them at random, evaluates them, and finds the best one out of that. You probably can't get faster or more efficient than that right now unless someone develops a good algorithm that doesn't involve brute force, but I don't think that's very easy to do.

Go is so complex, I love it. That doesn't mean I'm any good at it, but it's still an awesome game nonetheless.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
theres tons of other stuff wayyyy harder and has way more possiblities than go.
True, but for a board game, it's quite intense. Way more complex than chess is, and I've played chess competitively.

space explore
Oh, don't get me started on that. I saw Planetes last week and I didn't really care much for space travel until I saw this. So freaking awesome about the possibilities that can happen in the next hundred years. I'm very excited to see what the future holds, and it almost makes want to be a part of that development.

Edit: SBR Brawl ruleset!

Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735
Discussion: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

Interesting that they recommend a stage striking system for the first stage instead of just randomizing it. Also interesting that if a Bowsercide ends in sudden death, it's ignored and Bowser wins.

How much of this are we going to follow?

AIDS

Smash Lord
.... That wasn't Johns. Clouders and Dieslow are amazing, you.... YOU EXPLETIVE NOUN!

Also, I just might make it out to the SFU smashfest on the 16th. Because it sounds like fun, and I need more practice, yo.
Not tournament brackets! lol
I ment Brackets as in (If Trying) lol
This was "the brackets in the end of his post", get it? lol
So many people are getting confused from what I said lol, I even made his "(if trying)" part of his post red in one of the two times I quoted him.

But yeah, pretty funny guy. haha

unityole

Smash Lord
Not tournament brackets! lol
I ment Brackets as in (If Trying) lol
This was "the brackets in the end of his post", get it? lol
So many people are getting confused from what I said lol, I even made his "(if trying)" part of his post red in one of the two times I quoted him.

But yeah, pretty funny guy. haha
you just increased # of confused people up by 1, now im even more confused

Metà

Smash Master
I really don't like the stage list the SBR has decided on. IMO walk-off ledges are terrible, and so are stages with permanent walls. Here's why:

Walk-off ledges: Any match played on these stages has a high probability of just degenerating into camping around the walk off ledges and chain-throwing off of them at low %'s. It doesn't show much skill, and it eliminates the process of edge-guarding. It's just stupid and doesn't belong in competitive Smash.

Walls: Too many characters have jab lock infinites, some have grab release infinites that work against walls, and Dedede has his infamous down-throw. Moving stages with walls are fine, because the walls are only there for a short amount of time. The walls just promote excessive camping/stalling, because some characters have a ridiculous advantage staying near the wall, so the opponent will either have to approach them at a huge disadvantage, or just throw projectiles, and either way it makes for a terrible game.

Is anyone with me on this?

VA

Smash Hero
I winned Kelowna. I won win0rz finals 3-0 and grand finals 3-1. I'm so great ^_^

<(^_^<) SUGOIYO (>^_^)>

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Edit: SBR Brawl ruleset!

Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735
Discussion: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

Interesting that they recommend a stage striking system for the first stage instead of just randomizing it. Also interesting that if a Bowsercide ends in sudden death, it's ignored and Bowser wins.

How much of this are we going to follow?
I told you guys that's how it'd go for the first stage selection ages ago. That's why I was asking for opinions!

Anyway, I like the rules. Personally I'd have Port Town banned in any tournament I run, although I'd like to read up on it.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
wait...i dont get it, theirs a smashfest at SFU at aug 16 aswell as MOST1?

<_<
Well, this is how BC works. Everyone says they'll attend an Out of Province tournament. Everyone signs up at the topic. Then a week before, they back out and make their own tournament.

>_> Just saying guys! This is not the first time =P Although sometimes the OoP thing does go through (OC2, GameClucks tournies, TransCanada2, etc)

AIDS

Smash Lord
wait...i dont get it, theirs a smashfest at SFU at aug 16 aswell as MOST1?

<_<
Yes Clouderz, but I think it is a melee smash fest though.

Well, this is how BC works. Everyone says they'll attend an Out of Province tournament. Everyone signs up at the topic. Then a week before, they back out and make their own tournament.

>_> Just saying guys! This is not the first time =P Although sometimes the OoP thing does go through (OC2, GameClucks tournies, TransCanada2, etc)
It is not a tournament, it is a smash fest. So you are saying we are not allowed to get together and play smash before they return? And during that time they have the oppertunity to go OoP for a tournament?

Sounds a little silly. I think a small tournament would be ok, that way we both have something to do, but a smashfest should not even be an issue right? I think it is a melee one aswell, so that should not affect you right?

You guys are going to play brawl. Didn't you quit melee?

Top Bottom