• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
I might go to the Sfoo tournaments... I'm not sure yet- I'm weighing how much smesh I'll get to play versus the effort it takes to wake up in the AM on a Saturday... *siiiiiiigh* life is hard sometimes.

I have a laptop- What do y'all need them for exactly? Smash 64? :O
laptop would be nice to have for bracket setups.

using a program called TIO bracket maker, helps smooth things out

At Joyce, wait for the Millenium Line skytrain (Millenium Line to VCC Clark) on the side that says "To Burnaby, New West, Surrey". Get off at Production Way - University. Take the #135 which goes straight up to SFU. Walk down the path to Applied Science Building. There's a map beside the bus stop.
correction, at production way station, take #145, not 135. #135 bus DOES NOT stop at production way station.

even though 135 does go straight to SFU, but depending where you take 135, it might take hours before reaching SFU. 145 only takes 5 to max 10 mins.

Rampage

vx

correction, at production way station, take #145, not 135. #135 bus DOES NOT stop at production way station.

even though 135 does go straight to SFU, but depending where you take 135, it might take hours before reaching SFU. 145 only takes 5 to max 10 mins.
Hey evan told me the #143 from coquitlam station doesn't run on saturdays. If this is true I wont be making the tournament =[

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Alright I suppose I'm going to show up to the SFU tournament for brawl singles, if only to show off my mad skilols with a d-pad.

I hereby declare myself the wiimote-only champion of the world by virtue of the fact that I don't think anyone else even touches that control scheme. Someone challenge my reign! BRINGAT!

Aiight- I'll install that onto my computer. Which version? I can find a download of 1.1 pretty easily enough but I hear talk of version 2. Does it matter?

unityole

Smash Lord

To clarify, the order will be:

ssb64/melee doubles
ssb64/melee singles

brawl doubles
brawl singles

right?
TY for replying, most people are lazy to read the tournament thread :\

for now i decided to take out 64 doubles, might not have enough TVs to run in early morning, till evan and matt gets here.

so all TVs will prob be dedicated to melee doubles. and by canceling 64 doubles, there SHOULD be enough time, if not i'll take out ssbb doubles.

order now would be something like this.

Melee doubles,
Melee + 64 singles,
Brawl doubles ** if we have time **
Brawl singles

note that only people that joins 64 singles would get free pizza, although it cost the same to just get pizza. i do lose **** load of money so to make it up to me, I want this tournament to be smooth and you guys to have fun.

now dont piss me off im going to get some burgers xD

edit: i wasnt able to update my tournament thread, but apparently there will be **** load of people joining brawl singles, perhaps doubles too! and correction on the entrance fee for SSBB. SSBB singles would be 10 dollars despite that SOME of you (ME) think its too much for a new game. SSBB doubles, if there is one, would most likely to be $5 / player, NO ARGUING BACK, its final.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Okay, change in plans for me.

I have to leave 2-ish. I don't know if Keith is willing to leave at that time as well, but I am. Hopefully melee singles will be done by then >.> .

I mean, if everyone shows up to registration by 11, I'll have 3 hours. And since people are noobing out of melee doubles, shouldn't be too hard.

unityole

Smash Lord
March 29th, Today at SFU burnaby mountain campus, again we have smash tournament. This time, the tourney features all 3 games, which I will be needing help again for GC/ Wii/ TV for melee + brawl.

We will first start registration for the doubles tournament, this will end no later than noon.
Melee + 64 doubles first, followed by Melee + 64 singles, then finally Brawl.

Events / Prizes:
- Melee Singles + Doubles
- SSB64 Singles + Doubles
- Brawl Singles.. (maybe doubles? plz help me with the wii + brawl..)

Melee Singles - $10 per player, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 60/30/10.
Melee Doubles - $10 per team, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 60/30/10.
SSB64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks no item. Pot % 80/20
SSB64 Singles - $5 / player, best of 3, 5 stocks no item. Pot % 70/20/10.
SSBB Singles - $10 / player, best of 3, 3 stocks, items off. Pot % 60/25/15.
SSBB Doubles - $5 / player, best of 3, 3 stocks, items off. Pot % 60/25/15.

All singles tournaments are seeded through pool/round robin, double elimination brackets.
All doubles tournaments are seeded through round robin or single elimination bracket.
Semis and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 5.

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned for 64 are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.
- For Melee and Brawl, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc... (rules will be from the 1st page of BC Canada Thread, the standards)
- For all doubles, team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Misc:
Controllers will be provided for SSB64. It is required to bring a controller for yourself if participating in Melee/Brawl. Please help me by bringing extra TV/Melee/Brawl setups for the tourney.

Free pizza for players who join 64 singles. Other wise, just $5 =)

Feel free to ask if there is more question.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
AIDS
Akiro
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Gamepro
Gray
Hitsugaya
Jeremy
Kyle
Manli
Meta
MSC
Nathan
Panda
Patooty
Rampage
Rohins
Ryan
Unityole
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w
zPhoenixExz
and many players from Victoria!

Players unconfirmed
Joshinator
Von
Maenard
Mark
Kuinn
Omgitswill
Spacefalcon
Holyman
Noypi_Gjd
Kham
Ice_ColD
Prince Loki
Rip the Jacker
Willy
Sean

64 ers
Akiro
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Gamepro
Gray
*Hitsugaya
Jeremy
Kyle
Manli
Meta
MSC
Panda
*Patooty
*Ryan
Unityole
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w

Melee ers
AIDS
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
*Gamepro
Hitsugaya
*Kyle
Manli
Meta
Nathan
Patooty
Rampage
Ryan
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w
zPhoenixExz

Brawl ers
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Gamepro
*Kyle
Meta
Rohins
*xXx_NoobKing_xXx
zPhoenixExz
and many victoria players!

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - A setup for SSB64
Unityole - TV
Willy - SSB64 + N64
Panda - N64 + RF switch
Meta - 1 TVs + 2 SSB64 + N64 + GC + Melee
- *2nd TV?
Bwmat - TV
Blunted_Object - TV + Brawl + Wii
Manli - Melee + GC
Gamepro - Melee + GC + TV
*Hitsugaya - TV

Tournament registration starts around 11:00 am to 11:30 ish, right after that we will start doubles for Melee + 64 no later than Noon. Followed by singles for Melee + 64, then finally we have Brawl singles and POSSIBLY Brawl doubles. The tournament will finally end at 9:00 - 9:30 pm, I will be the one cleaning up, and it's very possible to stay till maybe 10:30 ish to play some friendlies!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON!

piegopher

Smash Rookie
I know you're all waiting patiently for the news, so I'll cut the suspense.... I have successfully retained my title as the best wiimote only player evar! I even won a bit :D

unityole

Smash Lord
melee:
1st Eric
2nd John
3rd Me

brawl:
1st Me
2nd Ryan
3rd Rohins

correction, my mom wins xD

doubles 64
1st Adam + Jack
2nd Scott + Eric

doubles melee
1st sorry, dont really remember :O

doubles brawl
1st Tiep + Ryan

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Good tournament everyone, nice seeing you all again. I stupidly left my controller at the tournament and Jack said one of the last people there picked it up. I'd appreciate knowing who has it so I can get it back soon.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
melee singles:

1st: Blunted_Object10
2nd: Hitsugaya
3rd: dieslow
4th: xXx-NoobKing-xXx
5th: CowEar/Crackhead
6th: Patooty?

melee doubles:

1st: Hitsugaya/CowEar(Crackhead)
2nd: Patooty/xXx-NoobKing-xXx
3rd: Blunted_Object10/Gamepro88
4th: firexemblemxpryde/AIDS

64 doubles:

1st: Unityole/xXx-NoobKing-xXx
2nd: Gamepro88/Blunted_Object10
3rd: Matt/someone? or Hillary/Ross?

64 singles: Cancelled cuz of all you BRAWL n00bs.

Brawl: I wasn't there for it.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament. I had a good time for most of it, I just kinda wish I had got more friendlies in in Melee or Brawl, though it would have helped if I asked around more. I was kinda hoping to do better, but for my first tourney, I didn't really know what to expect. Sorry if I felt kinda bummed towards the end of it, at that point my brother and I were just tired, and wanted to get matches over with and go home. I was kinda in a bad mindset that day and just gave up at some point, and that might have helped my not winning as much. But hey, no johns, so that's that.

Anyway, I had a good time despite getting destroyed. Hope to come by again sometime, or maybe one day we can get some sort of a Victoria tourney going. Oh, well, one can hope... :p

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
lol brawl doubles was 3 teams : D but they were all relativly good teams so it was pretty cool ^^

Top Bottom