• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Spooky.

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was referred here by Blunted Object while I was wandering aimlessly in the meet and greet section. I was looking for other locals and I was introduced to this thread!

Let me introduce myself, I go by Spooky but most people call me Chad. I live Surrey and have been playing Brawl since I was a wee-tot. I'm definitely not new to Smash Bros. but I am new to playing with people that are actually good. Just wanted to say hi and get to know some of the other people unhealthily obsessed with Smash Bros. in the area.

I'm always up for Wi-fi matches so gimme an add!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord

Cool, nice to meet you, Chad.

There are a number of other Surrey smashers, even one who is probably the best Brawler in BC. If you send me a private message, I'll be sure to add your FC so we can Wi-Fi sometime.

The name is ManLi, by the way.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
If you go to SFU Surrey, drop by the games room for some matches!

Also, it's been a while since I played Melee. After playing a LOT of Brawl, I just looked at a video to show someone, and it looked like it was going in fastforward. I forgot how fast Melee was XD

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
oh **** my big *** post didn't.... work oh well %^@^@

Anyways, good tourney guys I loved how the game felt new, new mains and everyone was around same level cept a few peeps >.> The matches were intense to watch, perhaps because there was a lot of 1:1, last stock, 100%+ show downs.

Its sad that the first brawl tournament was so uniform. I didn't see many counter pick levels. Just the 5 neutrals =P. I was hoping to see more Olimar, Ike, Pits, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Marth, Luigi, ROB Mains but the Snakes and Diddys were pretty good =D. GG's guys, NVan will def come back for April.

Welcome to the forums Spooky. I'll add you to the data base. What are your melee brawl mains?

Spooky.

Smash Rookie
If you go to SFU Surrey, drop by the games room for some matches!

Cool Firestorm! I don't go to SFU Surrey... but I do live right around the corner! I don't know where exactly the games room is but I might have to drop by sometime. Gimme a PM and let me know!

That Burnaby Tourney sounds like fun, I'll try to make it but I'm really busy with school lately... finishing up the semester.

I'll add both you guys ( Rampage and ManLi) later tonight! I'm excited to see how low-lag local matches will be :p.

Oh, and for those who are asking, my mains are...

Melee: Falco

Brawl: Still kinda searching... Probably DDD or IC or PT (hehehe.. abbrev.) and maybe Olimar... actually I don't have a main yet. How about "?"

Oh, and Noypi, I see you are NVan... any kind of smash stuff going on there? I ask because I go to Cap and pretty much live there.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Well, Nintensity and I go to Capilano college too... gah!!! I sometimes have a few smash fests at my house, probably none soon because of exams. I saw them playing SSBM on campus once during the anime club meeting, but I haven't seen them play SSBB. What are you talking at capilano?

Spooky.

Smash Rookie
I'm in Animation... but I'm graduating next month. We should totally start some at school games! What do you take? When are you usually on campus?

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Watch out, boys and girls. There's a word filter about.

Today, Melee is the one with more speed and techs to do, and Brawl is the simplistic new thing. And I'm not even touching character names.

Gotta love smashboards.

And ya, Spooky., I'll add you in too.

EDIT:

Its sad that the first brawl tournament was so uniform. I didn't see many counter pick levels. Just the 5 neutrals =P. I was hoping to see more Cap'n Crunch, Dwight Eisenhower, Palutena's *****, Kitty, wolf, Captain Falcon, Yaoi, Luigi Mario, R66-Y Mains but the SNAAAAAAAKE! and Sean "Puffy" Combs were pretty good =D. GG's guys, NVan will def come back for April.
This made my evening.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Brawl is great!

Melee is garbage. Could you BE any less technical and suspenseless (<--- real word as of now.) ?
lol pokemon trainer
wario
falco
fox is too good
pikachu

Spooky.

Smash Rookie
Cool Khorsan, I'll make sure to add you too!

And Noypi, if you are ever around at night for some reason (that when I'm pretty much just killing time) you should drop by the Library building. Animation has the whole 3rd floor and a video projector. (thumbs up!)

Smash Smash Brawl Melee Brawler Fox Falcon Pokemon Trainer Falco Mario Sonic Ice Climbers Luigi Final Destination Olimar

Lol, this filter is too funny, I was browsing the boards last night and was so confused... IKE

Metà

Smash Master
* M_ario
* B_owser
* D_onkey Kong
* F_ox
* I_ce Climbers
* K_irby
* L_ink
* P_ikachu
* P_each
* Z_elda
* S_heik
* S_amus
* Y_oshi
* D_iddy Kong
* I_ke
* L_ucas
* K_ing Dedede
* M_eta Knight
* O_limar
* P_it
* P_okémon Trainer
* W_ario
* Z_ero Suit S_amus
* N_ess
* L_uigi
* G_anondorf
* S_nake
* S_onic
* T_oon Link
* R_.O.B.
* F_alco
* W_olf
* C_aptain F_alcon
* L_ucario
* J_igglypuff
* M_arth
* M_r. G_ame & W_atch

***becomes***

* Mario
* Bowser
* Donkey Kong
* Fox
* Ice Climbers
* Kirby
* Link
* Pikachu
* Peach
* Zelda
* Sheik
* Samus
* Yoshi
* Diddy Kong
* Ike
* Lucas
* King Dedede
* Meta Knight
* Olimar
* Pit
* Pokémon Trainer
* Wario
* Zero Suit Samus
* Ness
* Luigi
* Ganondorf
* Snake
* Sonic
* Toon Link
* R.O.B.
* Falco
* Wolf
* Captain F_alcon
* Lucario
* Jigglypuff
* Marth
* Mr. Game & Watch

Spooky.

Smash Rookie
Its fun when you type in Z_AMUS
... Zamus

and I assume C_oin = T_ime.

ZAMUS zAMUS zamus

zero suit samus

maturity ftw.:laugh:

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is great!

Melee is garbage. Could you BE any less technical and suspenseless (<--- real word as of now.) ?
While the results of the world filter are halarious while it was in action, the results of people's "reversed" posts are what's most priceless.

Let it be known that you typed that on your own free will...

Trozz

Smash Ace
806 pages... what the hell. Anything I post here is sure to be immediately sucked in to the void of oblivion, but here it is anyway:

I'm looking for a rival in BC for some online play.
My location is Kamloops.
My code is 0044-2588-8307.
My AIM name is protrozz.
Contact me if you've got game.

Top Bottom