• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Was nice talking to Robbie today. Haven't done that in awhile.

I miss B.C.

John Eric and Adam. Please get back to me on what we talked about for this coming summer. I have begun saving money to help you.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Cool. I agree with Brawl being $5 for another 3 years then we can start taking it seriously.

Seriously guys, I thought we had smarter people in this thread and then you go and remind me of General Brawl Discusssion :(

unityole

Smash Lord
Cool. I agree with Brawl being $5 for another 3 years then we can start taking it seriously.

Seriously guys, I thought we had smarter people in this thread and then you go and remind me of General Brawl Discusssion :(
cant make it this sat cause of projects due right? storm?

unityole

Smash Lord
Is it a knife? If not, you can borrow mine.
Rusty Shacklefurd
Smash Journeyman

Wii #: 4094 5760 8095 7157
Brawl FC: 1676-3389-8044
***Location: South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never find it.***

Ive found it, its under a big rock!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
cant make it this sat cause of projects due right? storm?
Yeah, not this week :( 4 projects due next week. 3 of them are teams... Crap. I might not even make it to WiFi Wars tournament if I have to go to school those days.

I'll make it to SFU #6 though! Although I have a job interview today.

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Is it ok if I just go for brawl? If it is....when does the brawl tourney starts? I kinda don't want to go and watch like 6 hours of 64/Melee before I can really do anything...Also is there any kind of controller restrictions? I no longer use GC controller when I play brawl and am wondering whether or not custom controls are allowed.

I can bring a wii if I can just go for brawl.

Lol 75 cents....well if he invest that money he'll be rich in....a million years :laugh:

Metà

Smash Master
Tiep, John, Ryan, Adam +++ will agree too, im sure.. Gameclucks was $10 brawl too, and it had 39 entrants.
So, the best SSBB players all want more money? Yeah, nice try. I'm sure a bunch more people will agree, but a lot of people also have never played in a smash tournament before, and might be more inclined to compete if they're putting less money on the line.

I don't mind paying $10, but I think others might.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So, the best SSBB players all want more money? Yeah, nice try. I'm sure a bunch more people will agree, but a lot of people also have never played in a smash tournament before, and might be more inclined to compete if they're putting less money on the line.

I don't mind paying $10, but I think others might.
So Melee's $5 too now?

Metà

Smash Master
No, Melee has an established competitive community, and a number of amazing players. Also, most people who took the game seriously at all will be fine putting $10 down. Also, there won't be any new players entering SSBM anymore, they only care about SSBB.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I think you're wrong Evan. The new players who play Brawl might begin to understand why Meele is a better game over all. Off coarse this a small percentage of people.

I'm just having a hard time seeing people like Tony or John take Brawl seriously after all the noobs get sick of losing money to them, theres no purpose after that to keep playing the game... I rather play Meele competitivly and play Brawl with 4 Person FFA+Items on (No joke thats about the only fun there is)

Metà

Smash Master
I don't we'll be getting many more new Melee player, Roby. They'll probably feel like they're too far behind and would rather start with a new game, where the competition is more even.

Rampage

vx
I don't we'll be getting many more new Melee player, Roby. They'll probably feel like they're too far behind and would rather start with a new game, where the competition is more even.
I'm kind of in this position. I started right where melee ended and I want to get good at brawl. but I've spent so much time on melee that I don't want to throw all of that out the window just because brawl came out =[

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol if you think I take brawl seriously.
Yes I take it as serious as I take Melee (Not that serious since I dont play fox and play Ganon). Im about as serious towards it just like everyone else is. Of course it doesnt have as much depths as melee but its the new game. Just like melee took over 64. Im just doing a switch from melee to brawl. You wont be seeing any major tourneys for melee anymore. So whats the point?

Stop making ***-umptions.

If I wanted to play a game seriously for money I wouldnt be playing SSBM and would be playing a bigger game.

Patooty

Smash Ace
$10. Lets not move backwards.

Also, I haven't played many people at this game yet. I don't know how good anyone is, and people don't know how good I am. No hype plx

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I think there's an obvious money incentive for the more confident players...$5 is not big bux, unless, of course, you multiply it by 20 entrants. Then you're talking $100 additional for the winning players.

I guess what I meant was that we've played melee for that much longer, we know our comparable abilities. In Brawl, most of us are newer to the game and for many of us this is our first Brawl tournament, playing people in competitive matches against other people. Of course we'd be throwing money away, particularly to those who have way more experience with it. Now, I don't mind that much, but of course others might. It's only common sense...

Patooty

Smash Ace
The first one I went to was $10. I don't think it was the VERY first one though.

Also, I don't want to sound mean.. but...

I would figure that in melee, people would be LESS inclined to enter for more amounts of money because they know they're not winning it back... As far as brawl goes, everyone in BC has a chance.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Honestly? 70% of us attend Melee tournaments with no chance of winning for $10. I don't see why Brawl should be $5. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, on a different note, I decided I needed to procastinate. I made up a flyer for you guys to post around advertising SFU #6 which looks like it will have a dissappointly low turnout unless we do something about it >=(

Picture: http://www.sfu.ca/~rsa12/smash/sfuposter.jpg

Printable download: http://www.sfu.ca/~rsa12/smash/sfu6poster.pdf

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It didn't take too long to make the poster.
It took me a long time to figure out Telus makes connecting to FTP impossible unless you do SFTP though.

At least now I can access my FTP again >_>;;

I assume you know the bottom is to be kinda cut up so people can rip off the website for more details. Funny thing is we can keep reusing that and cycling the character image and number + just change the link on the web page for each subsequent tournament XD I didn't make it #5 since it's too soon. I'll post a few around campus.

unityole

Smash Lord
yes Rushan very good work, good poster indeed.
and Jack, have you decided for a starting time, probably 10ish?
ah its 11 ish.. I can't possibly make it 10ish unless everyone all agree toshow up that early.
many of us have something to do early morning till maybe noon.

I also believe 11ish is probably best time to start, it isn't very late, and not too early.

dieslow

Smash Ace
Manuel is throwing out johns left and right. wtf are u talking about, EVERYONE is new at brawl. $10 isnt even much, why are we arguing about this? dont enter and save ur $10 on tacos/burritos then buddy LOL.

edit: i agree with tiep.

Top Bottom