• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
btw, a tad late, but here's my FC.

(my FC to the left is a fake)

1504-5478-5753

I r bad @ gaemz. Therefore I need more people to play with. And CPUs suck. So does SSE.
I found CPUs VASTLY superior in Brawl, they're much more human-like which is all that counts. Melee's computers were the worst things ever...

But yeah I'll add you.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Brawl/Melee at my place on Saturday! Since Jack is unable to host im stepping it up and filling his spot!
I can have a limited amount of people so tell me fast! Location is my house I will PM people where it is when you confirm.
Melee tourney and Brawl no 64.
That is if we have people willing to come.
I'll go if Meta goes. Unless there's too many people going, I don't mind.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Brawl/Melee at my place on Saturday! Since Jack is unable to host im stepping it up and filling his spot!
I can have a limited amount of people so tell me fast! Location is my house I will PM people where it is when you confirm.
Melee tourney and Brawl no 64.
That is if we have people willing to come.
How does this bizniz work? Are you guys open to a guy like me showing up? Is it tournamenty or just general playing for fun?

unityole

Smash Lord
same for me, ill second that.
argh! studies johns!
i'll make this tourney possible at sfu on the 29th.

so john give me today, i'll have updates on it by end of tonight or early tmr

edit: yo evan, can u help me with ur tio program from ur labtop?
and gamepro, counting on you man xD

unityole

Smash Lord
No johns! Can we start earlier? Maybe 10? I missed out on melee last time >=/ .

... Pikachu will be sad if you don't. :pikachu:

well i could make it earlier but the prob is, i need help from others for melee setup.
and the one that would come the earliest with melee stuff is probably evan, matt, sean and nate.

but then this time i believe evan has this musical practice he has to attend to and won't be able to show up till maybe noon or 1 ish.

ANYONE who is willing to bring melee here in early morning PLEASE DO SO.

ps. I could also ask Evan if hes willing to leave the cube console with melee over night so on sat, we could start off melee doubles as early as possible. that's if Evan agrees the above..

also, GAMEPRO!! im counting on you and kyle xD

unityole

Smash Lord
Sorry for the changes John, and everyone here. I was really busy for the past couple of days, didn't think I would make it. But here it is:

March 29th, THIS Saturday at SFU burnaby mountain campus, again we have smash tournament. This time, the tourney features all 3 games, which I will be needing help again for GC/ Wii/ TV for melee + brawl.

We will first start registration for the doubles tournament, this will end no later than noon.
Melee + 64 doubles first, followed by Melee + 64 singles, then finally Brawl.

Events / Prizes:
- Melee Singles + Doubles
- SSB64 Singles + Doubles
- Brawl Singles.. (maybe doubles? plz help me with the wii + brawl..)

Melee Singles - $10 per player, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 60/30/10.
Melee Doubles - $10 per team, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 60/30/10.
SSB64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks no item. Pot % 80/20
SSB64 Singles - $5 / player, best of 3, 5 stocks no item. Pot % 70/20/10.
SSBB Singles - $5 / player, best of 3, 3or4 stocks, items off.

All singles tournaments are seeded through pool/round robin, double elimination brackets.
All doubles tournaments are seeded through round robin or single elimination bracket.
Semis and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 5.

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned for 64 are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.
- For Melee and Brawl, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc... (rules will be from the 1st page of BC Canada Thread, the standards)
- For all doubles, team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Misc:
Controllers will be provided for SSB64. It is required to bring a controller for yourself if participating in Melee/Brawl. Please help me by bringing extra TV/Melee/Brawl setups for the tourney.

Free pizza for players who join 64 singles. Other wise, just $5 =)

Feel free to ask if there is more question.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
AIDS
Akiro
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Gray
Hitsugaya
Ice_ColD
Jeremy
Maenard
Manli
Mark
Meta
MSC
Nathan
Noypi_Gjd
Panda
Patooty
Rampage
Ryan
Unityole
Von
Wayne
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w

Players unconfirmed
Joshinator
Kuinn
GAMEPRO + KYLE !?
Omgitswill
Spacefalcon
Holyman
Kham
Prince Loki
Rip the Jacker
Willy

64 ers
Akiro
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Gray
Jeremy
Manli
Meta
MSC
Panda
Unityole
Wayne
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w

Melee ers
AIDS
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Dieslow
Hitsugaya
Ice_ColD
Maenard
Manli
Mark
Meta
Nathan
Noypi_Gjd
Patooty
Rampage
Ryan
Von
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Z-r0w

Brawl ers
Dieslow
Gamepro?
Ice_ColD
Maenard
Mark
Noypi_Gjd
Von
and many more...?

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - A setup for SSB64
Unityole - TV
Willy - SSB64 + N64
Panda - N64 + RF switch
Meta - 1 TVs + 2 SSB64 + N64 + GC + Melee
- *2nd TV?
Bwmat - TV
Blunted_Object - TV + melee + brawl + wii

Once more, PLEASE help me with melee+brawl setups, let me know as early as possible of how many TVs + GC / Wii we can get, thank you.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
ok whoa i get big red letters thats frikin awesome!!!!! i might acculy go now! but not quite yet so i can keep my red letters

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
sweet I shall be there for sure and for Brawl also including melee and n64 smash of course. :)

I shall also bring 1 T.V. and Wii with Brawl and Melee..

OMG NORTH VAN GUYS ARE GOING! :O

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I'm in for whatever I can stay for. I'd have to leave at around 3-3:30pm.

I can come as early as you want me to. I can bring a Gamecube+Melee setup. I COULD bring a brawl set-up but I'm leaving at 3, and Brawl will likely not be finished by then...

Thanks for pulling through, Jack.

unityole

Smash Lord
pull the notes and knowledge out of my ***.. lmao
Manli: early is good but many ppl can't or won't come that early :/, sorry about having it start at around 11 to noon ish, really cant help you much there.

why is brawl $5 and melee $10?
this is probably the 1st brawl tournament in BC, you're so good already to put big bucks on it? xD i'm sure people would like to try em out first before getting owned by you :p

i will leave it as 5 for now, we can still change it if the majority thinks its too low.

Eric: all 3, roger!

dieslow

Smash Ace
10 bux isnt big bux =X. most people would want brawl to be $10, ask around. and Brawl will most likely be the main event whether u choose it to be or not, Brawl will have the most people playing..

Post if you agree.

spindash

Smash Ace
I agree I think Brawl should be $10 each..
Actually, I see a point for Brawl being $5 bucks just for now. It's not an insult to the game I feel. It's not a throw away, but it's almost not worth it to pay the amount for a fully developed metagame (in contrast to the brand new Brawl) like Melee. When we've established more to look into Brawl, that's when I think that the price can go up. Y'know, Brawl can be taken seriously, but I think that it'd be a safe bet right now.

"I lost $10 bucks from playing Brawl. Same price I paid for losing in a game I've known and familiarized myself with for a pretty long **** time."

Just my idea there. :p If it goes for $10, hey, if I was in B.C. and going, I wouldn't have complaints. But I think I see the reasoning behind $5, for now.

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea $10 is good, good choice.

confirm me for Melee/Brawl.

Who wants to team for MELEE?
Who wants to team for BRAWL?
Who wants to MM for EITHER? $5-10

dieslow

Smash Ace
what does the meta game have to do with the price? its exciting to see how u do the first time u enter a tournament for a new game, and since its pools u cant be eliminated in ur first 2 rounds.

spindash

Smash Ace
what does the meta game have to do with the price? its exciting to see how u do the first time u enter a tournament for a new game, and since its pools u cant be eliminated in ur first 2 rounds.
Of course it's exciting! :p Hence why I wouldn't have a real problem with it either way. T'was just explaining why I think the idea for $5 instead of $10 was introduced.

You guys have fun.

unityole

Smash Lord
Vic guys might come. I want to but I'll need to check with the others first. I'll let you know by tomorrow night.
oh ookAY! there really isnt a limit cap cause i was lazy to set one. picking numbers between 30 - 40 is too much work so, anywhere around those numbers +/- 5 is fine :)

edit: KYLE!!!!! and SCOTT!!!!! coming? xD

Top Bottom