• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

booshk

Smash Lord
that's pretty good. adding the venue fee on is really worth it for a good venue that we can constantly use, and keep our community going. as long as its not like, more than 5$+ personally, lol for each person

and i see adam. i remember yakal talking about his marth when i first played yakal.
i dont play marth anymore though : )

but i think will has it right, maybe a bit less than mew2king though right

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuGMUzKIlnk#t=2m18s

lol listen to the musicwhen dk starts using up-airs haha.

I miss bums dk
LMAO. I love it.

OOOOOKAY guys, so I called the venue place today with the intent of booking the 17th of December for our melee tournament. It seems that the date isn't going to work for some but will work for MOST based on whom eric and I have asked.

For those of you who didn't get my text, they are supplying us with a sizeable venue (at least 2x the size of gameclucks), 6 crt tv's, and ample tables and chairs all for a LOW LOW venue fee of $5 per person. I know BC isn't used to paying venue fees, but it's come to this. Plus this guy running this place sounds hella chill and since we're making the effort to put this together, EVERYONE should come =) It's in Burnaby. Will give specific venue details once we make the tournament thread.

Props to Violence for telling us about this. Thanks man.

I am just waiting to hear back from the venue peoples but it's looking like dec 17th will be okay.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Wow, I just want to thank Violence.

It took what was basically an intervention but it looks like you guys are on the right track.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
GGs at the tourney today. Was mad fun! :D

Results:

1st: Sion
2nd: Meta
3rd: Noobking
4th: Get@Will
5th: t3h Icy / Diakonos

Blunted and Mike didn't make it out of pools lolololol.

I'll write up a Smash Blog chronicling the awesome that was today.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
The hosts were very amicable. If they start running smash tournaments I think it would be a pleasure to play with them!

Starscream

Smash Ace
The format was really strange, the TVs were really laggy and things got a little hectic with the organization at times but it was still pretty fun even though I had to leave early. It was good meeting some of you guys, I got some names but not forum handles but that's cool. I'm gonna try to make it to the tourney on the 17th.

Violence

Smash Lord
I'm going to keep up contact with Press Start and see if we can get future events with CRTs, because the venue itself and the hosts were pretty legit, we just have to set them straight beforehand on how melee tournaments should be run.

If we do this right, we have a second venue that can potentially run weeklies/biweeklies without any of us needing to upkeep it. Just show up and play.

They seem very enthusiastic about holding events, so I'll keep you guys updated on how things go.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Props to all the people at "Press Start" and my ****** Starscream. (I'm Adam by the way, the super tall white dude that got 3rd place.)

Tournament was so ****ing legit.

MAGIC STRONGHOLD OH MY GOD!!!

I was so happy yesterday... no... overjoyed in fact. When Violence, Will, Sion, Mike, and myself were all able to sit down and eat together and play smash together and enjoy eachothers company. IT almost brought tears to my eyes. No jokes. I was that happy. I'm glad we can all still play smash and at least appear to get along IRL. I felt it was genuine.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Props to all the people at "Press Start" and my ****** Starscream. (I'm Adam by the way, the super tall white dude that got 3rd place.)

Tournament was so ****ing legit.

MAGIC STRONGHOLD OH MY GOD!!!

I was so happy yesterday... no... overjoyed in fact. When Violence, Will, Sion, Mike, and myself were all able to sit down and eat together and play smash together and enjoy eachothers company. IT almost brought tears to my eyes. No jokes. I was that happy. I'm glad we can all still play smash and at least appear to get along IRL. I felt it was genuine.
good games sir

Top Bottom