• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Thanks for hosting Violence! It was a blast! :D

How did Mike and Adam do at GC?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I was crusing through the Kamui thread on Homingcancel and saw a big *** post you made regarding spacing theory (back in February). I'm picking it up, so it was cool to see another smash that already dabbles. Probably going to run Time for the Archer-style setups, currently using Nature as I learn the character's neutral game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
LOL raynex you play ah3?
Yup, along with pretty much every 2d fighter. i just picked it up recently, but I have experience in Guilty Gear/ Blazblue so it doesn't feel much different. Gimmicky looking game, but incredibly solid system mechanics and insanely addictive. You play?

Wuuuuuuuuuuuut?
Sorry for the confusion. AH3 is a 2d fighter similar to the Blazblue series. Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue, and Guilty Gear were made by the same company. Hopefully you've heard of some of these games.

In any case, I was in a gaming forum for AH3 (comparable to smashboards), and in a character specific thread there was a post made by a guy named "RustyShackleford". I had no idea the name was a King of the Hill reference at the time, so I thought it was completely original and HAD to be you. So I quickly posted here to talk about it. Man was I wrong lol

I could link the thread from the other forum, but I'd rather you just take my word for it.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i used to play it a while back. right now i run love zenia, but i've been wanting to switch to punishment zenia.

haven't played for a while since i've been playing other games, but if you want to play i'm down for some matches.

don't expect much though since i'm only average

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Raynex which system you got AE for? Xbox or PS3? I know you play Abel cause I saw you at T12. Just wanted to see if you wanted to have a few rounds and what not. Also if you still play BB you should try to find VictaLau. He's one of the best on the WC and I think he got top 16 at EVO.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
well if you look closely

nathans username is rustyshacklefUrd

U not O

lol
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. : /

i used to play it a while back. right now i run love zenia, but i've been wanting to switch to punishment zenia.

haven't played for a while since i've been playing other games, but if you want to play i'm down for some matches.

don't expect much though since i'm only average
Love Zenia is better imo. I was watching a video of Punishment Zenia, and because of that arcana's terrible health modifier Zenia was losing 65-70% from BnBs. Every stray hit you take is like getting hit by a truck. Competitively speaking I think Love is safer/better. Full screen laser, mix-up on oki, etc etc

I've only started learning myself, so it's all good. We should get some games in soon.

Raynex which system you got AE for? Xbox or PS3? I know you play Abel cause I saw you at T12. Just wanted to see if you wanted to have a few rounds and what not. Also if you still play BB you should try to find VictaLau. He's one of the best on the WC and I think he got top 16 at EVO.
Wow Victra is that good at BB? I only play it for fun, but I've been following it since it's first iteration. Regarding those matches in AE, we could definitely do that. I don't personally own a system, but the Toronto HQ for the company that sponsers me has both 360 and PS3 accounts online and we use it to practice against OOS competition. We can set up a day and go at it. Shoot me a pm of a day/time when you're free.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Not Victra lol. Theres a guy in Vancouver whos name is Victa with no r haha.
I'll let you know when I can. Working overnights and christmas coming up so its hard to find days off.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
So... Shane "convinced" me to drink on friday when we got to everett. This lead to copious amounts of drinking thus resulting in a cataclysmic hangover of epic proportions. I teamed with a random peach and we got 5th. I lost to C!Z and Chip (chip's good now and uses Marth) in singles. However, before I left Washington I beat ThePrime, Toph, and C!Z in money matches.

Washington got alot better. Otto is disgusting. Like, as he combos me, I feel like puking. Some of the things he does are just absurd.

Hoping we can get more BC rep at one of the next gameclucks. Lets do it BC! =)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Sounds like a lot of scapegoating to me.

You decided to get drunk, got beat by players who you consider worse than you, and ruined Michael's trip. Sounds like a weekend wasted by getting wasted.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sounds like a lot of scapegoating to me.

You decided to get drunk, got beat by players who you consider worse than you, and ruined Michael's trip. Sounds like a weekend wasted by getting wasted.
Ya well calm the **** down. We had a great time. And we tried our best to rep bc. Also I never said anything about considering C!Z and Chip to be worse than me. At least not RECENTLY.

BTW there's vids with me and ThePrime AKA Andy commentating...http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tourneyplayevents

I helped commentate Otto vs Teddy, Teddy vs Vish, and Vish vs Chip. Was SO much fun. There was almost a 40 man bracket for melee!!!

BC NEEDS TO COME TO GAMECLUCKS MORE OFTEN AND IN GREATER NUMBERS!!! =D

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
had a really rough day where greyhound was whole trip was delayed by 4 hrs. when we got there adam n shane just got drunk as **** n im not enjoying it. adam keeps buggin me to front him $ for coke n weed but i keep turnin him down. i donno what to do. smash isnt fun, im beating drunk adam 90% of time. he keeps being an ******* everytime i beat him. this is not a enjoyable as i thought. hopefully tom when adams no longer with shane he can be sober again. he just keeps drinking which leads to hard drugs **** hes ******** n just ruined this whole trip. my whole purpse is to have fun n meet n play with new smashers not a ****ing quest to find hard drugs like coke -.- fml. btw adams MIA right now. he was with me 10 mins ago but we got in a lil fight cuz i wont front him after he begged me like a pathetic loser. i feel bad, hes walkin streets of america alone. i hope hes ok n comes back to shanes alright n sober. pz out. this might be the last time i go out of country with adam.

im still waiting in the freezin cold for him to come back or else i wont be able to sleep tonight. its 10 pm atm.

im about to go around n look for him now. pz out.

its 11 pm. i went with shanes family in thr car to look but still cant find adam. adam is mia hopefully he sobers up n will be back tom? he may possibly have passed out somewhere. hopefully somrwhere safe n not where hes exposed as a easy target. this is really ****ing serious. adam has no idea how many pple r worried about his sorry ****ing ***. this is why he cannot drink.

another search is gonna happen. i call it quits tonite im exhausted pz out. smash sucks. i just wanna leave as soon as possible.
:phone:
Adam, come on man. Read that. Don't pretend **** didn't happen. This is the kinda stuff that will really **** with you. I had an experience similar to this and it stuck with me for years. Instead of ignoring it and pretending like everything was fine, it would be better if you apologized. I enjoyed talking to you all those years ago when I was still semi-active in this community. I know you're a good guy. Just show it because that last post makes you come off as a tremendous ****.

If you did apologize to him privately, that's great. It's just seeing the posts you just made after reading this really makes me angry -.-

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Adam, come on man. Read that. Don't pretend **** didn't happen. This is the kinda stuff that will really **** with you. I had an experience similar to this and it stuck with me for years. Instead of ignoring it and pretending like everything was fine, it would be better if you apologized. I enjoyed talking to you all those years ago when I was still semi-active in this community. I know you're a good guy. Just show it because that last post makes you come off as a tremendous ****.

If you did apologize to him privately, that's great. It's just seeing the posts you just made after reading this really makes me angry -.-
AGREED 100%!!!!

I'm really ****ing pissed with you Adam...

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm not the type to freak out, dude. You know, I try to avoid emotional/impulsive reactions and decisions.

I'm just saying, accountability is nice, especially when our community has already taken such a hit.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

The trick is to have those situations happen all the time, then it's all natural and you wont have supressed memories then switch to brawl.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I didn't even see Mike's post until it was quoted on this page. I have nothing to say. What COULD I even say that would make anything better in a situation like that? I apologized to mike in person already. Also, don't remember doing or saying any of that stuff, not that it should matter though. I'm assuming Mike's right. I do become something of a ruthless, retarted, monster when ive had far too much to drink.

Top Bottom