• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Eggz

Smash Hero
Adam wasn't really that bad. He just threw a drunk ***** fit and went to the bar without telling anyone lol

We didn't even really drink that much. I had 2 and a half 40s and a tallboy and like 5 shots of vodka, Adam had less than me... Aight **** it i drank a lot lmfao but i dont think adam had anywhere near as much as me, though he did have $15 of mine which is mysteriously in the air so idk. but I thiiiink he cooled off on his walk and didnt drink anymore that night =]

Mike just seems really easily irritated by Adam for some reason. I remember at one point Adam was like "yeah good **** you got this mike!" or something and mike was like "shut the **** up adam brown, i dont need your **** talk" or something lol. I don't remember Adam begging for drug money lol but I was asleep for about an hour so that could've happened. If so, shame, shame, shame.

I will apologize to Michael, but I asked you if it was alright if we drank and you said "go ahead" or "I don't care" or something, then I pressured you asking if you were sure cuz I was down to stay sober.

I hope the night got better for you once other smashers showed up, but generally I prefer hanging out and social bonding when I house people over practice. idk I had a lot of fun with you guys, sorry you didn't feel the same. I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your trip, but I hope you still come down and at least give WA another chance :D Just stay at a smashspot instead of a chillspot next time, or specifically request that I don't allow alcohol and ****. I'm down for hardcore grinding or partying, I just can't do both ;p

Sorry for letting Adam drink, I texted a few people asking if it was a bad idea and they said it shouldn't be a problem as long as I keep an eye on him but I guess falling asleep kinda negated that LOL

edit: why is your guys' motivation for smash directly tied to adam drinking lol
im a drunk ****** all the time and my state loves me and loves smash
jesus, if i lived in bc you guys wouldve murdered me by now

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Adam wasn't really that bad. He just threw a drunk ***** fit and went to the bar without telling anyone lol

We didn't even really drink that much. I had 2 and a half 40s and a tallboy and like 5 shots of vodka, Adam had less than me... Aight **** it i drank a lot lmfao but i dont think adam had anywhere near as much as me, though he did have $15 of mine which is mysteriously in the air so idk. but I thiiiink he cooled off on his walk and didnt drink anymore that night =]

Mike just seems really easily irritated by Adam for some reason. I remember at one point Adam was like "yeah good **** you got this mike!" or something and mike was like "shut the **** up adam brown, i dont need your **** talk" or something lol. I don't remember Adam begging for drug money lol but I was asleep for about an hour so that could've happened. If so, shame, shame, shame.

I will apologize to Michael, but I asked you if it was alright if we drank and you said "go ahead" or "I don't care" or something, then I pressured you asking if you were sure cuz I was down to stay sober.

I hope the night got better for you once other smashers showed up, but generally I prefer hanging out and social bonding when I house people over practice. idk I had a lot of fun with you guys, sorry you didn't feel the same. I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your trip, but I hope you still come down and at least give WA another chance :D Just stay at a smashspot instead of a chillspot next time, or specifically request that I don't allow alcohol and ****. I'm down for hardcore grinding or partying, I just can't do both ;p

Sorry for letting Adam drink, I texted a few people asking if it was a bad idea and they said it shouldn't be a problem as long as I keep an eye on him but I guess falling asleep kinda negated that LOL

edit: why is your guys' motivation for smash directly tied to adam drinking lol
im a drunk ****** all the time and my state loves me and loves smash
jesus, if i lived in bc you guys wouldve murdered me by now
purupurupurururin pururuin purupurupururuin purururin

I too was excited. But not quite 30 seconds. It was more like 5.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
i just wanna clarfy some misunderstanding

0: Gimpyfish62
1: Silent Wolf [$235]
2: Blade Wise [$120]
3: Vishous [$40]
4: Chip
5: Juce
5: Eggz
7: C!Z
7: The Prime
9: Kamaji
9: NoobKing
9: Kaostar
9: Toph
13: Artiface
13: T-Iceman
13: Banana
13: B-Mellow
17: Rat King
17: Zeru
17: Felix
17: theCatPhysician
17: Sad day <---------- me 17th not 25
17: Mage
17: Oreo
17: Wingu
25: Spartamus
25: Bobzilla
25: Bojangles
25: Ox
25: LOLstuff
25: Nawgui
25: Ganon Guy
25: Master C
33: Dmac
33: Austin
33: Smiles
33: Krynxe
33: DAVS
33: Help!
33: Fritter

Metà

Smash Master
man, it looks like another youtube channel has been claimed by youtube copyright policy

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298551

god dammit, grand finals was soooo good. i'm pretty sure this was vsin's channel. i haven't seen him in forever, but if anyone has his contact information i'm gonna see if i can get the videos back.

also i still need to reupload some of the sets i had back on my channel. BC melee has lost so many great youtube videos in the last year : (

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm not sure whether or not it looks terrible, but if you mirror the video, it's usually able to bypass automatic copyright detection. In addition to this you should put a note to the Youtube mods in your video description that what you're doing is fair game. For the most part I haven't see any of these kinds of videos taken down yet.

Metà

Smash Master
The account wasn't taken down because of the smash videos, it was taken down for some other stuff he uploaded. The same thing happened to me, I was uploading videos of music that was copyright. My music was from some obscure japanese labels though which is why I was really surprised that they came after me.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
The account wasn't taken down because of the smash videos, it was taken down for some other stuff he uploaded. The same thing happened to me, I was uploading videos of music that was copyright. My music was from some obscure japanese labels though which is why I was really surprised that they came after me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

its alright bangs will take you the movies

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Thanks for hosting Geist, it was a blast! :D Harry has already improved a ton, and I'm really impressed. I think if he's interested in pushing further that his next step would be mixing in Falco's other moves for combos and just in general, like Utilt, Nair and Bair.

Mike also definitely got a lot better too, and you're way more effective at playing aggressively than before. Good **** man!

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Last time I played Howard I had to use Dk to be able to beat him. Seriously, he ***** my other characters.

This was like two years ago though.

:phone:

Geist

Smash Master
Thanks for hosting Geist, it was a blast! :D Harry has already improved a ton, and I'm really impressed. I think if he's interested in pushing further that his next step would be mixing in Falco's other moves for combos and just in general, like Utilt, Nair and Bair.
No problem man.
And yeah he's working real hard to get better. I'm starting to pressure him to link his moves together more.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
No problem man.
And yeah he's working real hard to get better. I'm starting to pressure him to link his moves together more.
That's awesome! He should have a solid Falco really soon and then from there, it's improving on the fundamentals.

Violence

Smash Lord
So Eric, did you manage to talk to the people at Magic Stronghold?

When I went there to ask, they said the price would be pretty negotiable and very low, they like the store to just be a place for people to come and play if they enjoy it. I seriously don't know how the hell they make money, they have to be losing money on the tournaments they run because of the insane deals they have, I don't think they make THAT much on sales of cards, unless their internet store's been making mad cash.

So they already have rows of TVs devoted to games like UMvC, SSFIVAE, BB:CS2, and I think some people play Tekken?

And here's the biggest bit of good news: It seems that the Brawlers using the event brought their own TVs and left them at the venue for public use. I saw about 5 good sized CRTs just chillin on the tables ready for anyone to use.

I think we got ourselves a venue.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There are 7 CRTs ATM.

Edit: FYI, they charge $5 per person for a venue fee. This includes the fee they charge for using their space and the cost of storing the TVs at the venue. Saturdays work well for them as well; they have weekly events for every day of the week, but Saturdays are for Pokemon. It doesn't seem to be that big of a pull, and given the amount of space they have, sharing with them is a non-issue. The space can be used from opening until closing, and they encourage frequent visits for smashfests and such, though they will have to be coordinated in advance to ensure they don't conflict with their larger events.

There's lots of food in the surrounding area too. Little Caesar's, White Spot, Pho, KFC, etc. And it's easily accessible by transit; only a couple blocks north of Royal Oak skytrain station.

Edit2: Violence, your name is Eric, isn't it? If so, that would explain why the name came up when I was talking to the people at the store the other day about future events.

:005:

Violence

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info. We should try to schedule to avoid having tournaments as the same day as you guys so we don't end up competing for TVs.

But yeah. Accessible from Skytrain, check. 5$ per head venue fee, check. TVs, check. Looks like a venue. Let's get this **** going.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Our next tournament is planned for the 10th of December. I have very few options for dates I'm available to host thanks to school, so it's very unlikely to change. We've been discussing the possibility of having a smashfest there before then, but not enough people have shown interest, and we'd be likely to have it on a non-Saturday anyway. So as long as you don't shoot for the 10th, there shouldn't be a conflict.

:005:

Top Bottom