• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
For people going to Tri-Smash 3
If you bring your Wii and it is still at menu 3.3 or earlier + an SD card, I can softmod your Wii and add the code for infinite replays + add tags to replays. This will let us record a lot more matches because we can just save replays and capture them later. I can also install the thing that lets you save games to an external hard drive and run them from there instead of putting in a disc every time.

http://www.smashboards.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=50330

^ cool feature I found lying around, tells you how many times each person posted in a given topic, in this case, the BC thread

firexemblemxpryde 981
Hitsugaya 932
xXx-NoobKing-xXx 795
Patooty 744
Metà 721

Just thought I'd share that randomly, lol
In any vBulletin forum, just click the post count of any thread in the topic list and you'll get that.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Tony is Taffy, right?
Yes, I believe so.

Here's something interesting for you guys: a while back a journalism student thought our club was interesting and she decided to interview our smash club for an assignment. She later submitted it to the Martlet, UVic's student newspaper, and it got published. I like how it turned out in the end; I think it puts us (and competitive smash in general) in a fairly positive light.

http://www.martlet.ca/article/18974-uvic-gamers-smash

I know there's some tiny mistakes (I thought I said Ken's the former Melee champ, but I guess that got lost in communication), but overall I hope we hit the nail on the head.

By the way, the full headline was "UVic gamers smash their way to the top", which got cut off for some reason for the web. I also thought the picture they actually printed in the paper was better. :p

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
but then who going to recieve all those replays to be posted in youtube?....... i bet i'll have to be one of them won't i?
Of course not!

Yeah you :( Bring some SD cards? ^_^ If I had a capture device I'd do it! My birthday's on May 6th and the tournament is on May 3rd/4th wink wink nudge nudge

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
For people going to Tri-Smash 3
If you bring your Wii and it is still at menu 3.3 or earlier + an SD card, I can softmod your Wii and add the code for infinite replays + add tags to replays. This will let us record a lot more matches because we can just save replays and capture them later. I can also install the thing that lets you save games to an external hard drive and run them from there instead of putting in a disc every time.

In any vBulletin forum, just click the post count of any thread in the topic list and you'll get that.
How do I get an SD card/from where/what kind?

What is 'before 3.3 menu' and do I have it?

I want the codes and will do the stuff if it's possible. :\

Bwmat

Smash Ace
my wii's already softmodded, so if I can be bothered to find the codes and set them up, I will

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Gamecube mutha****a. That's how I roll.

Can you still get the homebrew after 3.3? I've got the latest on my wii. Not that it can read disks or anyhting, but I DO plan on sending it in to get repaired.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Here's something interesting for you guys: a while back a journalism student thought our club was interesting and she decided to interview our smash club for an assignment. She later submitted it to the Martlet, UVic's student newspaper, and it got published. I like how it turned out in the end; I think it puts us (and competitive smash in general) in a fairly positive light.

http://www.martlet.ca/article/18974-uvic-gamers-smash
"The thumbs and forefingers of his hands move with fervent intent across the buttons, executing elaborate sequences to produce deadly combos. Guze conducts his character with precision as he stomps his opponent and cinches the match."

She must have meant someone else...

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, yeah, say what you want. But I was playing Rob, so yeah, there could be a chance. I do win every once in a while, you know. :p

Besides, how would you start the article then? "The pressure mounts as Guze reaches his last stock. After getting knocked off the stage, he manages to recover and reaches the ledge. He then attempts to ledge hop, but instead drops and forgets to jump, and loses, bringing shame on him and his family." :p

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
How do I get an SD card/from where/what kind?

What is 'before 3.3 menu' and do I have it?

I want the codes and will do the stuff if it's possible. :\
SD cards are the types of cards you put into cameras. Google SD Card. Get one that's 1 or 2GB. If you haven't updated your Wii since Brawl you're good to go >.>; You can find out your Wii version somewhere in the menus. Don't remember where.

You can do the softmod for 3.4 but it's different I think. 4.0 will probably have an exploit by the tournament, but it might not involve the Twilight Hack which is what I'm using.

it fine, i got a SD card, i'll bring it with me. This is just for bralw i guess, since Mlee nor 64 can do the same thing.
Yeah just for Brawl. Each Wii doing it needs an SD card to run the code though.

my wii's already softmodded, so if I can be bothered to find the codes and set them up, I will
Meh, SmashBoards is a mess for codes. Was hard to find out how to set it up and stuff.

Install Gecko OS. Create a folder called "codes" in the root of your SD card. Download www.sfu.ca/~rsa12/smash/ssbbreplays.gct and put it into the codes folder. And then just use Gecko OS to run Brawl.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll come to the smashfest if I can
I won't know any details until later today or later in the week. Don't have my crap together too well yet haha. But for sure!

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll come to the smashfest if I can
I won't know any details until later today or later in the week. Don't have my crap together too well yet haha. But for sure!
u r in the community long enough, should know better. NO JOHNS!!!!!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well I should've but didn't, but now I do.

I can make it to a smashfest on Saturday. The peeps I was waiting for are coming in on Sunday instead. gg

And as of right now, I have until Sunday to smash - tonight after 7pm. So who's available?

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
I'll come if I can (To SFU, Saturday, Apr. 11). Chances are that I will be too busy. Will it be another STD? If it's STD, I should be able to make it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
When only a few 'decent' players show up and the rest are not too 'decent' then the melee group isn't much better than the Okanagan and when there's 64 with Jack, a game that I NEVER get to play in the Okanagan, I'd rather play that and after a while I got the 64 in that I needed and already had the melee that I needed from Eric earlier in the week. Soooooo I wanted to play a game that I also enjoy and want to get good at so I can play with people and not get ***** and be useless in like age of empires or some ****...and that fun game just happens to be DOTA.

So STFU

Metà

Smash Master
@ Roby: True, but that was when all the non-good players were there as well. Also, I wanted another MM....lol

@ James: yeah, that's legit, the main reason I was annoyed was cause I hardly get to make it to these, and I was expecting several hours of uninterrupted friendlies. Oh well, at least it gave me time to study for my exam, which I had intended to do before I started playing smash...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I don't understand how dota can be that good... well... actually... I know it's pretty good... but after a while it's the same ol routine where'as SMASH just keeps getting better the more u play cuz both people start to **** more and more (ideally).

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
@ Roby: True, but that was when all the non-good players were there as well. Also, I wanted another MM....lol

@ James: yeah, that's legit, the main reason I was annoyed was cause I hardly get to make it to these, and I was expecting several hours of uninterrupted friendlies. Oh well, at least it gave me time to study for my exam, which I had intended to do before I started playing smash...
I wanted an MM too...dang haha

YOU never get to go to SFU smashfests??!??!!!? *does one of those poses that yells 'look at me'*

lol studying always comes second and never happens with smash around. In a way, it was a good thing for you that nobody showed up XD

I don't understand how dota can be that good... well... actually... I know it's pretty good... but after a while it's the same ol routine where'as SMASH just keeps getting better the more u play cuz both people start to **** more and more (ideally).
Less ideally and more DO please. :p

Zero_P

Smash Ace
He never goes because he simply can't, Life > smash

When things more important are in the way you just can't play sometimes, which is every saturday for evan.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If we did another MM without our mains, it would have been shiek dittos ._. I remember you beating my falcon/marth/falco with shiek in friendlys hahah. :p

Also even though it gets boring playing nubs, they show up to the smashfest to ONLY play melee and are willing to learn an older game, that's saying a lot.

Top Bottom