• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
**** dude.
k uhh, i go into the AIB chat making fun of people that dont play melee and they play brawl and they waste their life thinking their good playing a game that sucks, online

i dont play brawl anymore, Because BC is all melee and i find melee much more fun
I like metaknight, does that mean i like brawl? No
excellent choice!

im going ot have to go with Clouderz, i like brawl, but Brawl can never compete with Melee in terms of having fun, i mean, i get 4 stock, EVERYDAY, but i still join the tourney, i still ahve fun, brawl stales after 1 match, melee i can play for hours.
kk clouderz and byuusan, stop the lies plz. u guys can only get 4 stocked in melee when playing brown-town, dieslow, ryab and manli cause they **** too fuking hard. u 2 already good enough not to get 4 stocked xD

ewic: we'll see how my budget goes for the next couple monthes, then maybe i'll host a melee/brawl tourney.

david and ken: i'll have u 2 added for stats at the next smashfest, if u're there.

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
AHHH everyone above me in stats has someone else to practice with! Tiep + Ryan, Browntown, Evan + Matt, Sion and friends....and all my friends only play traditional fighters :mad:. Someone train me! (and Clouderz :p)

Anything going on this weekend?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
**** dude.
k uhh, i go into the AIB chat making fun of people that dont play melee and they play brawl and they waste their life thinking their good playing a game that sucks, online

i dont play brawl anymore, Because BC is all melee and i find melee much more fun
God I hope you're kidding or that's the saddest thing I've seen and I hope you don't tell anyone you're from the GVR, BC, or even Canada.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Lol, I play SSB64 more than melee, but melee>>>>64
as for comparing it with brawl, it's debatable.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
okay okay

1) no one plays in BC
2) host a brawl tourney yourself cuz WE and ME play melee, not brawl
3) Ally wont come to bc, sorry to break your heart
4)I dont play brawl
5) who cares if you suck at melee, i get 4 stocked daily and i have more fun than playing brawl x1000
6) dont play brawl play melee
7) come to ts3
8) did i mention brawls gay?
9) wombo combo. Srsly.
**** dude.

Lol Aww, OUR LITTLE CLOUDERZ IS GROWING UP =]
______
______
Ewic, I understand how you feel. Whereabouts are you staying? I'm sure that if you asked Jack to host a brawlfest alongside a meleefest that he wouldn't get really angry. He's a pretty decent guy. I know that there are a few people who play Brawl, just that some of the better Brawl players are not so keen on the game anymore. But even besides them, there are definitely some decent players here. Just not those who post in this particular thread.

When do you have to leave?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
DOUBLE POST.
AHHH everyone above me in stats has someone else to practice with! Tiep + Ryan, Browntown, Evan + Matt, Sion and friends....and all my friends only play traditional fighters :mad:. Someone train me! (and Clouderz :p)

Dude, I hear I know how to play the smash brothers game...

Sion and friends is the best smashfest ever. Myles is a REALLY cool host, no one who goes is conceited, and we all go for the fun of smash. Plus, we reminisce about younger smash days, since most people have actually been around for years. It'd be cool if Northvan started coming out to West-End smashfests.

Plus we randomly talk about school/calculus/natural affairs of life, including but not limited to, women.

Sion

Island of Horizon
DOUBLE POST.

Dude, I hear I know how to play the smash brothers game...

Sion and friends is the best smashfest ever. Myles is a REALLY cool host, no one who goes is conceited, and we all go for the fun of smash. Plus, we reminisce about younger smash days, since most people have actually been around for years. It'd be cool if Northvan started coming out to West-End smashfests.

Plus we randomly talk about school/calculus/natural affairs of life, including but not limited to, women.
^ is what the smash community is all about.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

Lol Aww, OUR LITTLE CLOUDERZ IS GROWING UP =]

Ewic, I understand how you feel. Whereabouts are you staying? I'm sure that if you asked Jack to host a brawlfest alongside a meleefest that he wouldn't get really angry. He's a pretty decent guy. I know that there are a few people who play Brawl, just that some of the better Brawl players are not so keen on the game anymore. But even besides them, there are definitely some decent players here. Just not those who post in this particular thread.

When do you have to leave?
Thanks to everyone who noticed my post. I really appreciate that people would even consider reading a Brawl player's ideas. =P

Fireexemblemxpryde, I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) and I was just planning on staying wherever my car pool group stays (which probably would be in the vicinity). I'm not too sure who Jack is, or what Meleefest is, so if possible, please let me know how we can get connected to organize something for Brawl. Oh, and I forgot to mention that while I am probably coming via car pool with some people from Victoria, I may go by myself via bus, and if there's other tournies happening during other weekends on the mainland, I may be able to make it to those. I'm not too familiar with regular tournies or ones coming up though, so I guess I should take a look at the BC Canada part of Smashboards.

If I can make it to SFU Tri-Smash 3, I plan on coming saturday, staying a night, then leaving sunday afternoon/evening. This'll probably be the case for any tourney on the mainland, although if they're just one day, then maybe I'd come for the one-day trip, but I might be a little tired. XD

Coming to think of it, getting over to the mainland is easier than I thought. I don't have a driver's license, so that makes it a little tricky, but buses are okay. Going to a Washington tourney would be epic, because it'd mean I'm a true smasher, one that goes completely out of their way to make it to some event.

I hope that answers your questions.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
you all should just get into 64, **** THOSE OTHER GAMES
You just want more money from 64 tournies.
kk clouderz and byuusan, stop the lies plz. u guys can only get 4 stocked in melee when playing brown-town, dieslow, ryab and manli cause they **** too fuking hard. u 2 already good enough not to get 4 stocked xD
Even Bwmat gets 4-stocked by Eric.

2 times in a row. With both main and secondary.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone who noticed my post. I really appreciate that people would even consider reading a Brawl player's ideas. =P

Fireexemblemxpryde, I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) and I was just planning on staying wherever my car pool group stays (which probably would be in the vicinity). I'm not too sure who Jack is, or what Meleefest is, so if possible, please let me know how we can get connected to organize something for Brawl. Oh, and I forgot to mention that while I am probably coming via car pool with some people from Victoria, I may go by myself via bus, and if there's other tournies happening during other weekends on the mainland, I may be able to make it to those. I'm not too familiar with regular tournies or ones coming up though, so I guess I should take a look at the BC Canada part of Smashboards.

If I can make it to SFU Tri-Smash 3, I plan on coming saturday, staying a night, then leaving sunday afternoon/evening. This'll probably be the case for any tourney on the mainland, although if they're just one day, then maybe I'd come for the one-day trip, but I might be a little tired. XD

Coming to think of it, getting over to the mainland is easier than I thought. I don't have a driver's license, so that makes it a little tricky, but buses are okay. Going to a Washington tourney would be epic, because it'd mean I'm a true smasher, one that goes completely out of their way to make it to some event.

I hope that answers your questions.
Brawl is a good game. It's just new, has a new community, BC has and always will be very melee-strong and melee is a better game competitively. Melee is essentially better than everything though, so that should just be considered a given and almost irrelevant to the smash scene.

Do you know Daltsy or Liverymen? Say hi to them for dyniepoo! <3
Jack is unityole. He's the one who has held the regular smashfests over the last year or so. He's BCs smash community MVP by far. He's done more for the melee and brawl communities in Vancouver than anyone that actually plays either game. Probably the most respected/respectable person in the BC community and if you give him enough notice about a date that you'd like to come to Vancouver to smash, he'd probably do it for you. Make sure you show up when you say you do and give him enough time to get the details together. He's the one to ask.

Any trip to the mainland? Does that include the Okanaga? haha
I'm not from Vancouver but up here in ogopogoland, we're mainly Brawl. The majority of the Brawl community is actually in the Okanagan cause we don't have the melee concentration that Vancouver has. If you ever want to take a weekend trip 5 hours East, you'll get plenty of Brawl. Every weekend there's a Brawlfest.

For a Washington Tournament, June 7/8th or something, Tourney Play! There's a big group from BC going, both Brawl and Melee I think. Meet in Vancouver and carpool from there. If you're interested. At least I think it's Brawl too. (anybody know for sure, is it?)

Going completely out of your way to make it to some event?

Bus with Daltsy to MOST3 in Kelowna for Brawl, Melee and 64 this weekend XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
lol

thought u quit brawl :/ why does it matter?
I don't play the game anymore. I just go to a lot of gaming communities and I know how the Smash community is looked at. Elitist, immature, children who like to use the word "****" every other sentence. I really would love to change that stereotype and I used to be proud of saying that the community wasn't that bad and that BC had a good smash scene that was friendly and level-headed.

It's getting harder and harder to delude myself when it comes to that. Maybe the only reason I ever believed that was because my first intro to this community was through people like Tiep and my first view into Smash outside was through Azen on Maple Story. Both examples intelligent players who don't give this place a bad rep.

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm working hard to get the word out about TS3 is because it's the last Smash tournament I ever intend on attending.

unityole

Smash Lord
I don't play the game anymore. I just go to a lot of gaming communities and I know how the Smash community is looked at. Elitist, immature, children who like to use the word "****" every other sentence. I really would love to change that stereotype and I used to be proud of saying that the community wasn't that bad and that BC had a good smash scene that was friendly and level-headed.

It's getting harder and harder to delude myself when it comes to that. Maybe the only reason I ever believed that was because my first intro to this community was through people like Tiep and my first view into Smash outside was through Azen on Maple Story. Both examples intelligent players who don't give this place a bad rep.

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm working hard to get the word out about TS3 is because it's the last Smash tournament I ever intend on attending.

way to download 50gb worth of stuff and get deleted in an instant because computer resets itself.

i dont see why people would leave the smash commnunity/scene. having said that, even if you do plan on quitting smash, you would still come out every now and then? i hope you do, seeing people leaving smash is just sad. if having no time as a reason, no ones forcing anyone to play, but not going to anymore fests/tournies and completely stop smash is lame.

currently im still looking forward to manli/robby and roby to show up, not likely to happen but this is the way to keep smash in BC alive.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
ok....ive just pretty much read all the threads...since i last posted witch was a while ago.....and i still dont know why yall hate too much on brawl...but if there is gonna be brawl game then i will go.....i like brawl as much as i like melee.....but playing either for too long just gets boring \...witch is why i like too play em back and forth....but since ive been here ive only played about 2 brawl matches....i dont really intend to quit smash....it just does get boring after too much play....and too many singles the reason i started playing smash was because of the teams.....but i see you guys dont like that either....sigh....but anyways yea im now starting to play halo....and i guess in a way it means im gonna be leaving smash aside for now....until i go back to honduras and play constint doubles with my smash buds down there lol....witch is so much fun....but dont get me wrong playing with all u guys so far has also been pretty fun....thanks for letting me play with yall....and maybe ill see you at the next smashfest if i have nothing better to do....and if u promise me there will be much more doubles!!..anyways take care guys,,,se ya latez....btw i \ve been wanting to play clouderz in brawl....after some good practicing....but he doesnt wanna play brawl anymore either....lol, maybe some day well play....my mk is pretty decent at my full level of play, i was considerd to be one of the top 3 brawl players in my second country(honduras)...lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lulz for Rushan

doubles ****

lolloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloo
seriously though, doubles are half of smash, and Vancouver doesn't even do them. like wtf?

Metà

Smash Master

Me and Matt pretty much only play at SFU these days. You should have played us earlier in the semester if you want semi-regular training sessions, because the semester is coming to an end. Add me on MSN or something, so we can talk about it, if you're interested.

lulz for Rushan

doubles ****

lolloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloo
seriously though, doubles are half of smash, and Vancouver doesn't even do them. like wtf?
My crew does doubles all the time, haven't you played us?

Although most people in the lower mainland seem to prefer singles. I like both equally, pretty much, it's just that doubles is the best way to improve your game overall.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

Brawl is a good game. It's just new, has a new community, BC has and always will be very melee-strong and melee is a better game competitively. Melee is essentially better than everything though, so that should just be considered a given and almost irrelevant to the smash scene.

Do you know Daltsy or Liverymen? Say hi to them for dyniepoo! <3
Jack is unityole. He's the one who has held the regular smashfests over the last year or so. He's BCs smash community MVP by far. He's done more for the melee and brawl communities in Vancouver than anyone that actually plays either game. Probably the most respected/respectable person in the BC community and if you give him enough notice about a date that you'd like to come to Vancouver to smash, he'd probably do it for you. Make sure you show up when you say you do and give him enough time to get the details together. He's the one to ask.

Any trip to the mainland? Does that include the Okanaga? haha
I'm not from Vancouver but up here in ogopogoland, we're mainly Brawl. The majority of the Brawl community is actually in the Okanagan cause we don't have the melee concentration that Vancouver has. If you ever want to take a weekend trip 5 hours East, you'll get plenty of Brawl. Every weekend there's a Brawlfest.

For a Washington Tournament, June 7/8th or something, Tourney Play! There's a big group from BC going, both Brawl and Melee I think. Meet in Vancouver and carpool from there. If you're interested. At least I think it's Brawl too. (anybody know for sure, is it?)

Going completely out of your way to make it to some event?

Bus with Daltsy to MOST3 in Kelowna for Brawl, Melee and 64 this weekend XD
yeah man, I totally know Daltsy and Liverymen! I'll be sure to pass on the message. =)

Wow, unityole sounds like a really great guy, then! I'll wait for a bit before I contact him, because all my exams are coming up anyway in May/June and such, so yeah, July/August would probably be when I start looking for Vancouver tournies/maybe get in contact with Jack. All of the next school year, I'll have a lot more time on my hands, so that'll be great for me.

Okanagan? That sounds awesome, I have an uncle and aunt that live there actually. I've seen ogopogo too. XD
Haha, ok I'll definitely check in with that place for Brawl, then.

Thanks for the notice about Tourney Play, but that's right about exam time for me, so I probably won't be able to make it.

You've been a great help, thanks. =)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
way to download 50gb worth of stuff and get deleted in an instant because computer resets itself.

i dont see why people would leave the smash commnunity/scene. having said that, even if you do plan on quitting smash, you would still come out every now and then? i hope you do, seeing people leaving smash is just sad. if having no time as a reason, no ones forcing anyone to play, but not going to anymore fests/tournies and completely stop smash is lame.

currently im still looking forward to manli/robby and roby to show up, not likely to happen but this is the way to keep smash in BC alive.
This is unrelated to me, but one of the best ways to keep Smash alive in BC would be to stop snubbing Brawl. I always thought people hated on Brawl in good fun like me hating on Melee (fun fact: I actually do think Melee is more fun than Brawl), but lately it's seemed like that's gone to "Brawl Sucks".

I'd be quitting either way, but as you can see, I see two new members of the community in the last two pages alone who are interested in Brawl but can't join this community. A lot of the people who have been staples of recent tournaments started coming when Brawl hit the scene. Dynamism and friends. liverymen and friends. I think ced as well although I didn't attend too many tournaments before Brawl.

So in a sense me? =P

Again, not saying I'd keep coming because I've also lost interest in Brawl. Not just Melee.

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Me and Matt pretty much only play at SFU these days. You should have played us earlier in the semester if you want semi-regular training sessions, because the semester is coming to an end. Add me on MSN or something, so we can talk about it, if you're interested.
Don't know your msn ;)

Sooo just to be sure, if there no jackfest, anyone up for some smash at my place tomorrow?
I would but....1) No one seems to be replying 2) I have no idea where you live :p

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This is unrelated to me, but one of the best ways to keep Smash alive in BC would be to stop snubbing Brawl. I always thought people hated on Brawl in good fun like me hating on Melee (fun fact: I actually do think Melee is more fun than Brawl), but lately it's seemed like that's gone to "Brawl Sucks".

I'd be quitting either way, but as you can see, I see two new members of the community in the last two pages alone who are interested in Brawl but can't join this community. A lot of the people who have been staples of recent tournaments started coming when Brawl hit the scene. Dynamism and friends. liverymen and friends. I think ced as well although I didn't attend too many tournaments before Brawl.

So in a sense me? =P

Again, not saying I'd keep coming because I've also lost interest in Brawl. Not just Melee.
The way I see it, Brawl was a little kickstart to community growth and it lasted until the 2 games core communities were seperated and considered different.

I started hosting more and actually travelling for competition after Brawls release because 1) I got a car 2) It was slow season for music but most importantly 3) There were FINALLY local people HERE that were active with the smash community. Brawl players that have never seen melee, melee players that quit a couple years ago because of lack of competition finally finding people to play some smash with because of the new games appeal, everything.

We have a melee community in the Okanaga, and it's actually growing quite quickly. All it needed was a push, and the push started with Brawl. After I hosted a few little things, then finally a large tournament where everybody could play the other players that wanted to get competitive got a chance to meet. With a good showing, good competition and regular smashing, the community bloomed in Brawl and after they got to a high enough level to actually understand the concept of competitive smash, they saw the (very few and limited) melee competitive players (me, Daltsy, Lib, jugfingers) play each other. They love melee too, but how are they gonna grow in the game? People need to play them, come to BRAWLFESTS for MELEE because THAT'S how it starts. Not the other way around, especially not when the game they enjoy (anyone's passion) is frowned upon.

Didn't Jackfests start up around Brawls release? And weren't they decent sized partially because of Brawl? Why did you guys push that away? Take anyone as an example! How about Clouderz? He's a great Brawl (SMASH) player, and he's taking a love of melee, only because he's seen it, felt it, something that never would've happened had the two communities not intertwined.

Foolish pushing away what's on your side. Do you kill your doubles partner when they're setting up a combo for you?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
That doubles match was great, so many sucides in the second match.

I usually like singles more than doubles, but last week I had so much fun with friendly doubles that i'm slowly changing my mind.

And i'd come tommorow kenny, but I have a ****load to do for school. jackfest next week kkk

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah Dynamism, that's kind of what I'm talking about. It's crazy to ask "Why is the community not growing?" when you're actively segmenting it. I don't mean Jack specifically. Hell, he hosts 2 games he doesn't care much about. I'm just saying the overall feeling that is targetted towards Brawl and the fewer events for it.

It's like the guy selling only rowboats after motorboats come out and wondering where the hell the customers are.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Yeah Dynamism, that's kind of what I'm talking about. It's crazy to ask "Why is the community not growing?" when you're actively segmenting it. I don't mean Jack specifically. Hell, he hosts 2 games he doesn't care much about. I'm just saying the overall feeling that is targetted towards Brawl and the fewer events for it.

It's like the guy selling only rowboats after motorboats come out and wondering where the hell the customers are.
Only the rowboats are ****in' sweet

Top Bottom