• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya'll know me, still the same old G, but I been low key.
Hated on by most these *****s with no cheese, no deals, and no Gs.
No wheels, and no keys, no boats, no snow-mo-beels and no skis.
Mad at me cuz I could finally afford to provide my family with groceries.
Got a crib with a studio and it’s all full of tracks, to add to the wall full of blacks.
Hangin up in the office and back at my house like TRO-PHIES!
Did ya’ll think I’ma let my dope freeze? HO PLEASE! You better bow down on both knees!
Who you think taught you to smoke trees? Who you think brought you the OD’s, E z E’s, ICQ’s and DOC’s,
the snoop D O double G’s, and the group that said MOTHA **** tha police.
Gave you a tape full of dope beats to bump when you strollin through in your hood. And when your
album sales wasn’t doing too good, who’s the doctor they told you to go see?
Ya’ll better listen up closely, all you *****s that said that I’d turn pop, on the firm flop. Ya’ll are the
reason that Dre ain’t been getting no sleep, so **** YA’LL! All Ya’ll. If Ya’ll don’t like me, blow me.
Ya’ll are gunna keep ****en around with me and turn me back to the old me.

Tony: Where?

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Yo all you SFU Surrey goobers- Does the game room see much smashing nowadays? I need other people to play against because I just aint getting any better playing against CPUs.

Alternate but similar question: Where can I find a regular group to play with? Goddammit let's organize a recurring meetup so that we all can get in some regular play! Is anyone else interested? Melee or Brawl I'm not picky

P.S. I never noticed before, but Waluigi sure does look a lot like V....

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yo all you SFU Surrey goobers- Does the game room see much smashing nowadays? I need other people to play against because I just aint getting any better playing against CPUs.

Alternate but similar question: Where can I find a regular group to play with? Goddammit let's organize a recurring meetup so that we all can get in some regular play! Is anyone else interested? Melee or Brawl I'm not picky

P.S. I never noticed before, but Waluigi sure does look a lot like V....
I haven't been there since term ended. Lots of my year (who seemed to make up quite a bit of the smash group really) don't have many summer classes at Surrey so I don't expect that much smashing in the games room until the fall.

Is there still going to be a tournament around the May 31st/June 1st?
Yes. Check the Tournament Listings forum.

unityole

Smash Lord
Evan leaving on the 23rd to Europe, SFU having a small smashfest on the 17th, a saturday b4 Meta's departure.

small as in like maybe less than 15 ppl

Evan, Mat, Rampage, Nathan, Me, Adam, Sean as of now.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I have just recieved news that I might not come down on the 30th because what I was going to do might be canceled. I then plan to come to Van just for the tourney, we'll see in short time :p

unityole

Smash Lord
I can brawl now. Msg me on msn for my brawl code!
john, you're coming to the tournament on 31st of May and 7th of June right?
the tournament thread is made was wondering if you're busy.

AND PLEASE DO GIVE JOHN A RIDE AND FOR MY SAKE, the TVs!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I can brawl now. Msg me on msn for my brawl code!
I'll message you here, I've been looking forward to Brawling you. And hopefully you'll show up to the tourney on May 31st too. That would be fun!

NO POKEMON STADIUM k THX its ******** as hell...
PS2 is a really annoying one. PS1 is alright for the most part though. I say counters for both of them.

john, you're coming to the tournament on 31st of May and 7th of June right?
the tournament thread is made was wondering if you're busy.

AND PLEASE DO GIVE JOHN A RIDE AND FOR MY SAKE, the TVs!
Yes, come to the tourney.

Also, it's confirmed that I will be in Vancouver indefinitaly on the night of the 29th. So chances are I will stay for the weekend, guitar seminar or not, I'm probably in.

Edit: I plan on bringing someone too. Daltsy just got back from Rambo in aussieland and I'd like to get as much Kelowna rep to this tourney as possible. Hopefully he can come too.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So have you guys settled on a Stage List for brawl yet?
Pretty sure we haven't, only stuff I've heard about what the back room is doing is:

New Pork City banned for sure
Hyrule Temple banned for sure
WarioWare banned for sure
Shadow Moses Island banned (I think)
Halberd leaning towards neutral
Norfair leaning towards counterpick (this was a while ago though)
Pirate Ship leaning towards counterpick

I hope they get a list out soon of what to start with and has few bans.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Multiple people have given reasons multiple times XD not to mention the little pocket you get stuck in recoverys and the temporary wall should be enough: /

Rampage

vx
Multiple people have given reasons multiple times XD not to mention the little pocket you get stuck in recoverys and the temporary wall should be enough: /
So we get another wall on the stage...did you forget the other transitions of the stage have walls as well? That mountain one the one where it looks like a house was burned down. So we have a rotating wall now. I say Counter-Pick at best. PS2 is banned...it has to be >_>

Evan, smash on friday?

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
I know i meant walls in general anyways i got grabed by a d3 and the level changed and i got stuck against the ****ed tree untill i was at like 200 then i got up tilted it... was rather lame XD

unityole

Smash Lord
Also, it's confirmed that I will be in Vancouver indefinitaly on the night of the 29th. So chances are I will stay for the weekend, guitar seminar or not, I'm probably in.

Edit: I plan on bringing someone too. Daltsy just got back from Rambo in aussieland and I'd like to get as much Kelowna rep to this tourney as possible. Hopefully he can come too.
roger that!, as unconfirmed?
but, you guys have to make it, I was gonna make the tourney 7th and 14th, but peep telling me (i think was firestorm?) that ppl from kelowna are coming on the 31st, SO I CHANGED IT FOR YOU GUYS. now come xD

John: Eric will sure give you a ride on the 31st, and 7th. YOU GUYS HAVE MY THANKS, finally get decent amount of TVs for the first time in a while :O

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I don't think Pokemon Stadium 2 will be banned. Other than the electric transformation, which is borderline really, I see no issues with the stage.

Rampage

vx
I don't think Pokemon Stadium 2 will be banned. Other than the electric transformation, which is borderline really, I see no issues with the stage.
what about the wind part? You jump and it takes like 5 minutes for you to reach the ground again. c'mon that's completely ********

I know i meant walls in general anyways i got grabed by a d3 and the level changed and i got stuck against the ****ed tree untill i was at like 200 then i got up tilted it... was rather lame XD
Well that didn't stop it from being a neutral stage in melee. Fox could do an infinite shine in melee and it was neutral. The walls only appear for about half a minute so you shouldn't be complaining so much. The only thing ps1 has a real problem with is the edge. Remember you guys; You can catch the edge facing the other direction. Why not UpB in the opposite direction instead of towards the stage? again Counter pick in my book

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
counter pick i dont mind.. but not all characters can do the turn around grab... peach and a few others ... XD i just dont think it should be a nuetral.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The decreased gravity with helping more aerial-based characters seems like the very definition of counter-pick to me >_> It doesn't last too long anyway. If an entire match played like that I can see the issues with extreme advantages, but with Pokemon Stadium 2 I'd say no.

Metà

Smash Master
I think I'll run a poll on those iffy stages sometime.

Also, a couple days ago, I severely sprained my thumb, while skiing. I crashed on a large jump, and bent it really far.

OH NOEZ!! My thumb is in a cast! How will I play Smash Bros. now?!

How about 7 FINGER CLAW GRIP? FTW!!!!

I know it looks awkward, but this works extremely well, especially for the massively slow and simple SSBB. I might even keep doing this with my right hand once my cast comes off. XD

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Didnt know the mountains were still open XD i check like 2 and they were both closed shoulda checked harder XD im having snowbaording withdrawels o_0

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
I dont think i could use that very well XD its just to weird for my small little brawl brain.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
id like to see you do the lucas super jump then : D i cant do it with all my fingers(and normal controls)

Top Bottom