• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You guys got it all wrong!

The best part of SSBM is to pick pikachu while screaming "Pikachu, I choose you!", then in the match press B and go "Pikachu, thunderjolt now!", and then down B "Pikachu, Thunder!" and in the event that you actually managed to kill someone, tault and say "pikaaa pikaaa" with your character.:laugh: Followed by a random mash of buttons and do random A moves, and the best finale is jumping off by accident and don't know how to jump back or Up B.

Real fighting is for noobs.

I need to try this. No school until Wednesday though. But I will try this some day.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I hope to see more people besides the usual people tomorrow at the smashfest. It seems that its always Richmond crew+me at these smashfests. Need more variety of people!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
In time, at least three of us Calgary folk will probably be regular attendees. :) Still working out whether or not we can make it to this Vancity tournament or not.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Why would you need to be congratulated? For beating Adam's Fox and Eric's DK in 1v1's? Pfft. Then I should be congratulated for beatting Adam's Fox with 2 stock and Eric's Falco with 1 stock with my 1 stock in a 2v1!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
No I knew John would **** my Fox at any % with 1 stock vs 1 stock my Fox has like NOOOO good exp. I have to say we should have won that team match though...

Manuel you have improved lots. You've gotten better since I last played you. Keep up the good work.

GREYHOUND ON FRIDAYYYYY!!!! :psycho:

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
zomg bbq wtf pwnz0rs FD ONLY woot ICs ftw!
LOL that's the funniest thing ever. almost as good as "stfu k thx bye"

John, I DID congratulate you. And Adam, you haven't seen my marth at its prime. But I am not as good as john.. =( he was ******.

Adam, I think my marth can prolly take your fox on FD. is your fox better than john's?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Your joking right?... I don't think that you even have to ask that question.
haha I didn't think so. But hey, apparantly adam is good at picking up new characters as "his marth is better than mine" .

Do not worry, dear John. You've already proven youself to be very very good. Now. Who's up fer afterschool smash? this is my last week of work and then it is all out smashing!

JDZL

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I just registered here recently, though I have been visiting these forums for a little while now. I'm glad to see that there's not only a thread for Canadian players, but one for BC'ers too.

I've been playing smash ever since it came out on the 64, but it hasn't been very long since I've learned about alot of things in smash (like advanced techs, and even edge guarding), so I'm fairly noobish.

I'm trying to get a little more involved in the smash community (as ever since I learned that smash could be played at such a high level (most pro. match vids, etc) I've become addicted!), and alot of you guys talk about playing smash at each other's houses. Are you all friends who are familiar with each other, and are these smashfests(?) meant for most of the ppl who can make them?

I'd love to play a bunch of ppl who are better than me, as none of my friends really play smash, so I've been forced to develop my (incredibly meager) skills against computers (I know, I shouldn't be playing lv9s to get better).

Anyways, I just wanted to give a shout out to all you guys (yes, I do know of the meet&greet, but this is meant more for whoever is living in bc).

JDZL

p.s.
any of y'alls live in vancouver, specifically near the UBC area? That's where I'm at, though it's not where I study

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Welcome to the boards sir. No, we are not all friends who know each other, but rather we got to know each other through playing smash and these boards. We have 'smashfests' where we get together at a decided location. Usually lotsa fun. Tournaments are also held quite a bit and there are a few coming up. Some of us are really good... that weird peach guy (hitsugaya) placed in top 25th at 0C2 - this really big tourney Ken held. anyways...

I'm manli.

<3 ken!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Hey guys,

I just registered here recently, though I have been visiting these forums for a little while now. I'm glad to see that there's not only a thread for Canadian players, but one for BC'ers too.

I've been playing smash ever since it came out on the 64, but it hasn't been very long since I've learned about alot of things in smash (like advanced techs, and even edge guarding), so I'm fairly noobish.

I'm trying to get a little more involved in the smash community (as ever since I learned that smash could be played at such a high level (most pro. match vids, etc) I've become addicted!), and alot of you guys talk about playing smash at each other's houses. Are you all friends who are familiar with each other, and are these smashfests(?) meant for most of the ppl who can make them?

I'd love to play a bunch of ppl who are better than me, as none of my friends really play smash, so I've been forced to develop my (incredibly meager) skills against computers (I know, I shouldn't be playing lv9s to get better).

Anyways, I just wanted to give a shout out to all you guys (yes, I do know of the meet&greet, but this is meant more for whoever is living in bc).

JDZL

p.s.
any of y'alls live in vancouver, specifically near the UBC area? That's where I'm at, though it's not where I study

Hey my name is Eric and i live in Richmond BC. Got msn or AIM? MSN= browncurry@hotmail.com

JDZL

Smash Rookie
Ah!
Would you happen to be the same Eric I saw play in teams with Adam? I saw a couple of the aftermath vids, as someone posted that adam&eric were one of the best canadian teams (i think). I just had to see who was representing our nation.

It's nice to meet you. Yes, I have msn: wicky_wicky_woo@hotmail.com

I'm really eager to play some of you guys. To play ppl who actually play smash. I can't remember the last time I played someone better, or even someone who was evenly matched.

Oh man, I'm gonna get my *** handed to me when I go to my first (hundred) smashfest(s).

Nice to meet you too, manli. do you main marth, cuz I do, and i'm sure that there are plenty of things for me to learn. (and when i say i main marth, i simply mean that my craptitude with him is of a lesser extent than it is with other characters...)

JDZL

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Your joking right?... I don't think that you even have to ask that question.
You make it sound like you're comparing your fox to keiths...>.> sry keith
My fox has moves... just poor control, mediocre tech skill, and mindgames that are in the early developmental stages. He has potential though ;)

JDZL: Hello, my name is Adam. I am Erics older brother and team partner. I main as Ganon as you could clearly see from my sig. I'm sort of hovering around the peak of my game unless I practice more so yeah I hope to play you sooner then later :laugh:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey new guy, you should meet this awesome bowser guy named gimpyfish, hes supposed to have a pretty solid boozer.

i hear its cute or soemthing like that.

<3 canada.

Top Bottom