• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea rohins for sure.

BR
1st Me
2nd John
3rd Ryan or Tiep
4th Ryan or Tiep
5th Adam or Manuel
6th Adam or Manuel
7th Eric

lol. too early to tell.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, I know the PR for Brawl is going to be very similar to Melee, but out of respect for other possible contenders, it would be nice if you could hold your lists until you see the rest of us. -_-

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
you guys just have a head start its natural that your at the top :p i can see myself getting top 10 anyways just gotta get myself at a tourny almost went to game clucks but i didnt plan it well enough. so i just canceled.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone outside the top players had made any suggestions towards a PR list.
After watching/playing against john/tony/ryan/tiep I can DEFINETLY say without a doubt that they are the top 4.

1st: tony
2nd: John
3rd: Tiep
4th: Ryan
5th: Me?
6th: Manuel/eric?

It's really hard to tell right now, but those top 4 players belong in those spots, regardless of order. I just don't think BC understands how good they are at the game xD. I'm like... a big step underneathe them, even though I took ryan to last stock twice in a row at GC in brackets I could just feel I was getting outplayed.

for 64, I think I should be 6th or so.

for melee, I think I should be 3rd or 4th, no jokes.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well obviously I'm the best. Hidden Talent and all that. And you just know that randoms from Melee are the ones who're gonna be on top of Brawl right?

Therefore, I should be #1.

On a more serious note, Tiep, by using tournament placements do you mean you want to remove all the opinions and stuff that causes the pointless drama and just go by assigning point values to tournament placements or something else? Like you know, 10 points for highest BC placement in a tournament, 9 for 2nd, etc. Maybe different point values depending on scale of tournament?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Well, a good formula can be created to balance out tournaments attended and a person's placing.

So essentially what we want is a system where by winning 1/1 (one out of one) tournaments (100%), you won't be #1 if you decide to retire right then and there. Some sort of ratio to determine points, and there must be a rate of point degradation over time so that attending a tournament is better than not attending at least 95% of the time(placing last out of a large tournament is bad). Points can be awarded based on ranking, and once everyone is well established, we can switch over to assigning points for the people who you beat and/or lost to in the brackets. (or we can stay with rankings if that's what people want, but I feel that's less.. thorough).

With a system like this, everyone would be ranked with points somewhere, and know how they stand overall, and how close they are to everyone else. This is also better than just giving out certain points for certain ranks since it makes it **** near impossible for new players to the scene to ever catch up.

---

That could work, if that's what the community wants. What I was thinking though was more that, just for the beginnings of the BR I would only base my (own personal) thoughts on tournament placings, unless there's clearly a better player (in this case there was). I know that human biases can sometimes be better than a clear-cut system. Only question is whether that sometimes is more often than not.

In my opinion - no change in the system unless the majority wants it. I was just stating how I would start of my BR contributions is all :)

EDIT:
Just FYI, the first mentioned system would take little to no work on most people's parts except for mine when I initially write the program to handle everything for us, after that it's just a matter of playing and telling the program what happened.

Metà

Smash Master
There won't be Brawl because there isn't enough time. He's hosting a 64 event because he loves 64, and Melee because he thinks it should take priority. There will be Brawl there, but no Brawl tournament.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Well, a good formula can be created to balance out tournaments attended and a person's placing.

So essentially what we want is a system where by winning 1/1 (one out of one) tournaments (100%), you won't be #1 if you decide to retire right then and there. Some sort of ratio to determine points, and there must be a rate of point degradation over time so that attending a tournament is better than not attending at least 95% of the time(placing last out of a large tournament is bad). Points can be awarded based on ranking, and once everyone is well established, we can switch over to assigning points for the people who you beat and/or lost to in the brackets. (or we can stay with rankings if that's what people want, but I feel that's less.. thorough).

With a system like this, everyone would be ranked with points somewhere, and know how they stand overall, and how close they are to everyone else. This is also better than just giving out certain points for certain ranks since it makes it **** near impossible for new players to the scene to ever catch up.

---

That could work, if that's what the community wants. What I was thinking though was more that, just for the beginnings of the BR I would only base my (own personal) thoughts on tournament placings, unless there's clearly a better player (in this case there was). I know that human biases can sometimes be better than a clear-cut system. Only question is whether that sometimes is more often than not.

In my opinion - no change in the system unless the majority wants it. I was just stating how I would start of my BR contributions is all :)

EDIT:
Just FYI, the first mentioned system would take little to no work on most people's parts except for mine when I initially write the program to handle everything for us, after that it's just a matter of playing and telling the program what happened.
That's an amazing idea Tiep. I would DEFINETLY support something like this.

Is there a SSB64/Melee tournament on March 29th? If so, I'm there. Jack, lets do this.

unityole

Smash Lord
There won't be Brawl because there isn't enough time. He's hosting a 64 event because he loves 64, and Melee because he thinks it should take priority. There will be Brawl there, but no Brawl tournament.
:/ meh to all the post above this, and below this xD

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Nope, John has failed to update in ages and I'm srsly considering creating my own PR thread for BC smashers who STILL CARE about the game and want to know where they stand in the rankings.

Keith: get *****.

Metà

Smash Master
When is this list going to be updated? I think Roby and I deserve a spot in top 10 for Melee, but I don't think my opinion carries any weight. >_> I just think we proved ourself at this tournament, if not in placing then in how well we played overall. I think I showed how good my Puff has gotten in the crew battle. XD

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Hi people. I would like to update it but I cant because I have no computer/internet I cannot update it here unless you want it to look ****ty.

IMO:
1 - Me
2 - Eric
3 - Tiep/Manuel
4 - Tiep/Manuel
5 - Tony/Ryan
6 - Tony/Ryan
7 - Adam
8 - Robbie
9 - Roby
10 - Evan

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Don't care about Melee, so when is the Brawl one being made? I'm assuming it's going to take a little more time with some more tournament results and general knowledge of how everyone here fares.

Metà

Smash Master
Hi people. I would like to update it but I cant because I have no computer/internet I cannot update it here unless you want it to look ****ty.

IMO:
1 - Me
2 - Eric
3 - Tiep/Manuel
4 - Tiep/Manuel
5 - Tony/Ryan
6 - Tony/Ryan
7 - Adam
8 - Robbie
9 - Roby
10 - Evan
I agree with this list for the most part, but I think the top 5 should probably be:
1. John
2. Eric
3. Tiep
4. Ryan
5. Manuel

I don't know, at this point it just seems so close that it's hard to tell. I don't think people are investing as much time into Melee, with Brawl being out. I think the top 5/6/7 is a lot less defined than it used to be. Tiep/Ryan/Maneul/Tony are so close it seems, that it will be hard determining their rank.

Btw, thanks for putting me on the list; I really appreciate it. : )

EDIT: I think Jack and I can agree that this is how the SSB power ranking would look:
1. Jack
2. me
3. Wayne/Scott
4. Wayne/Scott
5. Adam/Matt

I don't think Wayne really plays anymore though, so it's probably:
1. Jack
2. me
3. Scott
4. Adam
5. Matt (though he'd probably be #4 if he went back to :pikachu: >_<)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

IMO:
1 - Me
2 - Eric
3 - Tiep/Manuel
4 - Tiep/Manuel
5 - Tony/Ryan
6 - Tony/Ryan
7 - Adam
8 - Robbie
9 - Roby
10 - Evan
HAHA! That's a pretty good list. However, I rank above both Tony AND Ryan at this point. GG any arguments, ****ing MM me about it, thanks.

I'll soon be making the NEW Melee PR btw guys. Keep a lookout for it.

Top Bottom