• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
brawl will be fun : D i might acculy get on the pr :p
and i plan to be on it this time!! SO BEWARE!!!

Patooty

Smash Ace
Brawl PR is called a BR!

My thoughts.

Move tony to 6th.
Ranks 1-6th merge into a big blob called 0th
Adam 7th
Robbie 8th

I haven't played anyone who's viable for 9th/10th in a while, so it's hard for me to place someone there. There's a big tossup in my mind right now for the spots. There should be a large round robin for those spots with all the nominees and all the PR to see what the results of the RR are and what everyone who's played in it thinks of 9/10.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I wanna be part of the "0th" blob too =(... and yes, Tiep is right, we should definetly call the Brawl PR the BR instead. Then if u say it really slowly it sounds like "beer". mmmmmmmmmmmm.. beeeerrr... *drools*.

AIDS

Smash Lord
at SFU evan got *****, he did not play well at all, i do not see him being 10th... matt is good, but i have not smashed with him enough to make clear judgment.

Rampage

vx
at SFU evan got *****, he did not play well at all, i do not see him being 10th... matt is good, but i have not smashed with him enough to make clear judgment.
Evan and Matt, from what I recall at our last play, are pretty **** close to each other.
Not picking favourites but I say Evan over Matt

AIDS

Smash Lord
Evan and Matt, from what I recall at our last play, are pretty **** close to each other.
Not picking favourites but I say Evan over Matt
Matt has shown better then evan in tournaments recently, plus i do not think they play us enough to make an accurate call, they are good, but i dunno if they are worth 9 and 10

Rampage

vx
I have a question. I've seen some other power ranking lists and some even go up to 20, why does ours stop at 10? Not enough good smashers to make a list that big? Why not bump it to 15?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol owned. We definitely have enough smashers for 15. In fact, our previous lists were up to 15. The thing is that there was too much inaccuracy in those last 5 spots. Too many... Disputes. It's kind of how you use significant figures in sciences. You gotta cut it off where uncertainty begins. Lol obviously I'm doing hw right now.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
if the BC pr got extended to 15, we guys from the island would have to haul ourselves across the water much more than we already do as well just to see if we can eventually qualify for the bottom :p

Patooty

Smash Ace
For me, you're good if you can win. Note though that there's a difference between winning, and being ABLE to win... example: Just because I beat Eric doesn't mean I CAN beat Eric.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
what is the definition of being a GOOD player for you guys? =P
Being able to make it past the 2nd round of a tourny :laugh:

Of course being able to beat you guys in vancouver doesn't matter either. We have our own bracket of goodness over here since we don't have the opportunity to play with better people as much as you all do, making us suck in the long term. Of course, the little things always help like beating Roby's fox at the last SFU, but then getting owned by Manuel's fox about an hour later.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Being able to make it past the 2nd round of a tourny :laugh:

Of course being able to beat you guys in vancouver doesn't matter either. We have our own bracket of goodness over here since we don't have the opportunity to play with better people as much as you all do, making us suck in the long term. Of course, the little things always help like beating Roby's fox at the last SFU, but then getting owned by Manuel's fox about an hour later.
Manuel's fox better then robyextreme's??? NOOO WAYYY

AIDS

Smash Lord
Way to name the ONE tourney Evan played terrible in because of whatever was going on with him. LOL, geez Keith.

Kage: I'm good =)
well adam you are looking past the point, since the last sevral PR updates Evan has not come to any tournaments recently, just that one, and now this one that happened yesterday, but besides that he has not come, so how can we really judge him? the one tournament he went to he did bad at, due to w/e emotional problems he had. the point is just we have not played him in a long period of time so what can we judge him on? not the SFU day, thats for sure.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
How about who cares, it doesnt make you a better person or better at the game to be ranked on the pr, it makes you more unhappy in fact to be fighting about this, everyone should just chill out. If you truly believe you should belong on the PR youre the only one you need to convince. Recognition is nice, but its not worth fighting for. Thats just lame.

Metà

Smash Master
How about who cares, it doesnt make you a better person or better at the game to be ranked on the pr, it makes you more unhappy in fact to be fighting about this, everyone should just chill out. If you truly believe you should belong on the PR youre the only one you need to convince. Recognition is nice, but its not worth fighting for. Thats just lame.
I'm not really fighting or arguing about it, hence why I rarely post in this thread. I haven't said anything more to Keith about the matter beside that last post; instead I challenged him to a MM. :p

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Robbie WTF when did u start making cool posts like that? lolol

Pretty sure John went ALL GANON in the melee tournament btw guys >.>

Patooty

Smash Ace
He went Falcon on me after finals were over -- In friendlies.

Noone plays Falcon in tournament, lawlzzzzzz (>.> Adaammmmm)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
**** Hillary it was one friendly you beat me with Zelda, But I really doubt it would have happened again if we re-matched.

I dunno, Keith seems to be getting better but at such a slow rate. And he still makes dozens of stupid mistakes and relys on a set of general strategy through out the whole match. Like CC spam, and if that fails, then n-air spam, and if that fails, then missile spam..etc no offense keith but you got a lot more to work on before you get on the PR, I know our fox vs samus is usually 1 stock apart, but that doesn't mean anything you know my fox better then anyone in B.C.

Evan should probably be on it, if he can get over his problems and play his best each time I think his as good as me or Robbie.

As for me, weather or not I'm on it I know where I stand and exactly how good I am at this game compared to the rest, my potential in smash passes many people in this community (I don't give a **** how cocky that is)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
He went Falcon on me after finals were over -- In friendlies.

Noone plays Falcon in tournament, lawlzzzzzz (>.> Adaammmmm)
Falcon's too fun. Coulda beat ryan and eric ("jonz jonz jonz jonz")

Ganon is too easy to combo xD. Poor Ganon (john), not Ganons cuz Eric cheated. :/

EDIT: 8th Robbie, 9th Roby, 10th Gary.

EDIT2: John, update PR plzkthx. Also, I'll contact you to talk about a time when I can bring my wii by ur place =).

Patooty

Smash Ace
"or do you?" -- is my point.

I watched Robbie vs John and I play Fox myself and I personally know how hard it is to approach Ganon and how a mistake will cost you ~40% if you're LUCKY and death if you happen to DI wrong. Robbie can tell you how much success he had taking stocks off John's Ganon.

Being on the opposing side of Ganon, I know what works on Ganon too -- Not as much as most people think.

Metà

Smash Master
Evan should probably be on it, if he can get over his problems and play his best each time I think his as good as me or Robbie.
I've gotten over that sh*t I had at SFU 3 (I'm off the meds I was taking back then). I can only improve from where I am right now. Lately I've been playing mostly Falcon, because he's a fun character, but I'd like to start focusing on my good characters now, like Puff/Sheik.

Also, I don't think I'm as good as you or Robbie yet. Your Fox has gotten crazy good in the last few months from what I see, but I think I'm close to your level with my Puff or Sheik.

Honestly, I won't be upset if I don't make it on PR; it's enough just to be acknowledged as a good player by respected, dedicated smashers.

Top Bottom