• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon is the funnest character to play. Too bad we left when yall were doing CF free for alls.

Knee and Falcon Punch = GG

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Alright, good news and bad news.

Good news is that I tested out the recording device and it works great. Quality was sharp, and there was hardly any lag when recording. So everything should go smoothly when I'm recording matches.

Bad news is that I realized I need to buy two sets of composite cables. One set would connect to the TV, other to my computer. This is getting expensive =/.

As of now, I have no problem recording replays since the matches are already done, and I don't have to split the video onto TV and computer. If we can get infinite replays on most of the wii's via homebrew, we can be good until I find some deals on composite cables. Let me know what you guys think about that.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Composite cables aren't that expensive are they? Do you already have splitters?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey guys, since you are San Antonio's closest neighbors, just wanted to tell you to check out the news i posted in the first post of the San Antonio thread. I've got big news concerning future tourneys from yours truly.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Composite cables aren't that expensive are they? Do you already have splitters?
Right now, they all seem to be ranging from 15-20 bucks. Buying two of those would be going overboard on my current budget =/. I might just wait until Black Friday.

And OMG, Jordan with internet?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There is a disclaimer on top saying that it might take forever to ship, cause they recently moved. I'm gonna see if there is another website with deals like that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Jordan making bets on me like a boss. Next HOBO I show up to, I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of random mm offers, because Jordan side bet them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jordan making bets on me like a boss. Next HOBO I show up to, I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of random mm offers, because Jordan side bet them.
Haha but they aren't even accepting!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone play cards? If so let me know if you're interested in playing sometime. I have a homegame at my apt. each week. Also could play some smash.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
yall should find a way to get some miley cyrus in the game.

I would love pwnin to some "party in the usa".

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I finally have internet guys :).

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
So, we should definitely get something going before people leave for thanksgiving. This week was busy for everyone it seems, so yea, lets do something before finals roll around.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Definitely. I have to study for a test over the weekend, but wouldn't mind taking a break for a few hours to chill at someone's place.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'd like to. Dunno if I'll have time this weekend, though, as I have a good bit of homework to do.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As hard as it is for me to do, I'm gonna have to give up my 666 post count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDymp8VheTo

That's the latest attempt at trying to get the best quality out of this capture card. What do you guys think? The original file was 600 mb and the quality was amazing. I compressed it down to 20 mb and then uploaded it to youtube.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The quality of the Youtube video was pretty low, but then again, you did have to compress it. I'd like to see the original quality sometime--is it pretty much the same quality as an in-game match?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here is the HD format uploaded to youtube. It's much cleaner, but iono what's up with the character's getting that blurred tearing effect. Iono what it's exactly called, but it was noticeable on the previous upload as well. Other then that, it looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmCwosrwN_0

Oh and for some reason, Divx AVI HD can't be put in Wide screen. I'll experiment some other time with a different format.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's better, but there's still some framerate issues, which is the blurred effect you mentioned. Is there some way in your program to alter the framerate when you export your files? Raising it to 29/30 (depending on what options your program has) would be ideal.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's better, but there's still some framerate issues, which is the blurred effect you mentioned. Is there some way in your program to alter the framerate when you export your files? Raising it to 29/30 (depending on what options your program has) would be ideal.
It was running at 30 fps, but I guess I will up it next time. Should that fix it?

Top Bottom