• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Can't do anything today. Meeting till like midnight :(.

And PantyRaider, I'll be at both if I can find the other one on Sunday. I'll be the olimar/diddy/random beating everyone. Not sure on my tag yet.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bored, you can get something on the way to Jordan's, lol, though we'll probably all have to eat dinner on the way there.

Sucks, Chad :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I have no problem stopping for food if you guys get hungry for something other than ****.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
^ i lol'd

So im officially confirming guys. I just need to be back on sunday by noon.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What do you have going on Sunday noon, Charles?

Donno how long the drive from the hotel is (probably 2-3), but the drive to Esca's is 4 hours and 15 minutes >_< Oh well, guess that's my nappy time, and I'll try to finish up some challenges in KH and maybe watch the anime I've been not watching b/c I'm so busy.

Guess we'll have to leave around 8:30 - 9:00 to get back on time. Assuming the trny doesn't run late (which it shouldn't b/c turnout seems like it's gonna be kinda low), we should have more than enough time for 8+ hours of sleep.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quite sure about the one on Sunday, but I will be going to the one on Saturday. My tag will be PWNIN and my names Joel. It should be fun.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll just sing Disney/Pokemon songs to pass the time for everybody.

What's the address of the hotel?

Sleep shouldn't be a problem for me, regardless if we don't get much Saturday night. I'll be plenty pumped from an epic weekend to drive back.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'll just sing Disney/Pokemon songs to pass the time for everybody.

What's the address of the hotel?

Sleep shouldn't be a problem for me, regardless if we don't get much Saturday night. I'll be plenty pumped from an epic weekend to drive back.
If by hotel you mean the hotel we were all at, then PX should remember. Or Hylian.

Can't wait to play KH with ya. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, we don't remember Greyfox, but you'll be at the tournament. Just don't leave without us.

I'm glad I don't follow any sports on TV so I don't have to plan my days around that, lol.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, we don't remember Greyfox, but you'll be at the tournament. Just don't leave without us.

I'm glad I don't follow any sports on TV so I don't have to plan my days around that, lol.
Yeah, we will be at the tourney. Just meet up with me and we'll make sure you guys find your way to the hotel. :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We gonna be getting those Days on, Greyfox/Ziggy. Shotgun on playing as Luxord [he sucks though ;___;]

Although I'm probably WAYY behind the two of you. I only play it when I feel like it. I'm only on Level 50 right now, and I'm on Day 303, methinks.

Oh, and did either of you have the balls to start the game on Proud right from the get-go? Only real men do it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just want some broken Saix. Have a panel setup for him and everything.

Haha, I wasn't really feeling Luxord, and I definitely didn't dig his luck of the draw limit break. I did get Final Limit today though, which means I can enable endless limits, which means win.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Lol it isnt football, but that would be a good reason in itself. I have to meet with my group to finalize some things and we are all busy up until, so while sunday is sleep in day, we decided to meet at 1pm instead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just want some broken Saix. Have a panel setup for him and everything.

Haha, I wasn't really feeling Luxord, and I definitely didn't dig his luck of the draw limit break. I did get Final Limit today though, which means I can enable endless limits, which means win.
Nice. Do you know how to work Luxord's limit? It works a lot like his mini-games in KH2. His Final Limit is pretty awesome. I still need to get the Pandora Gear, since it's Luxord's best gear to use.

I just wish his stats were better. Luxord IS more of a crowd controller, after all, but since the Multiplayer is more of a contest mode, he's a bad choice.

The game feels like an MMO when I play it with others though...it's kinda fun.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Luxord's Regular Limit depends on whether you stop his card's shuffling on an X or the circle. If you get the circle he shoots a barrage of blasts at mid range for pretty large damage. Final Limit is two cards. If you get a circle you use his regular limit, two Xs and you fail, two spades nad you do a beefed up version of the regular limit.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Luxord's Regular Limit depends on whether you stop his card's shuffling on an X or the circle. If you get the circle he shoots a barrage of blasts at mid range for pretty large damage. Final Limit is two cards. If you get a circle you use his regular limit, two Xs and you fail, two spades nad you do a beefed up version of the regular limit.
Good, so you did know the rules.

My Luxord at the moment is just a heavy-focused spellcaster, but since I'm too **** lazy to synthesize them and whatnot, I only have several Thundagas, one Firaga, Curaga is garbage, but I put one or two on anyway, and the rest of the spaces are Fire, Fira, Thunder, Cure, Cura, and some Blizzara.

I think in total, I can cast ~40-60 spells, depending on what mission and whether or not heartless would be willing to drop Ethers and the like. Once I slot release the third panel (about halfway into it, maybe a little less), I'll focus on more magic stuff.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I never start Proud on KH games, but I always regret it and end up beating it over on Proud. XD

Dibs on King Mickey.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I never start Proud on KH games, but I always regret it and end up beating it over on Proud. XD

Dibs on King Mickey.
Pssh. I ALWAYS start on Proud. I have ever since KH1.

Though...Kurt Zisa was a *****...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I usually run 12 Fires, 12 Blizzaras (best spell in the game, imo), and 12 Thundagas with about 5 Curas. I haven't really made a caster panel deck yet, though.

CY

Smash Ace
Honestly, I like to start out with Garrote > Hunger for Blood > Mutilate > SnD > Mutilate >Mutilate > Rupture/Envenom > Keep SnD(via envenoms)/HfB up > Vanish for Overkill buff when possible.

Rinse repeat.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Man, I feel like such a noob. D:

I'm such a low level compared to everyone here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I usually run 12 Fires, 12 Blizzaras (best spell in the game, imo), and 12 Thundagas with about 5 Curas. I haven't really made a caster panel deck yet, though.
I hate Blizzara.

My favorite spell is probably either Fira or Thundaga. Fira because burning opponents is awesome, and Thundaga because it looks like pure SMITE. Thundara is very nice for clearing a cluster****ed area though, so that's also a bonus.

Guess that means you're at a higher level than I am too. ****, you Austin players must've really been at this.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I have at least 2 hours of bus ride per day, and it's been out for almost three weeks. Plus playing while watching TV or movies.

Blizzara has ridiculously high probability of freezing, and enemies run into it all the time when chasing after you, and then your next move does triple damage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have at least 2 hours of bus ride per day, and it's been out for almost three weeks. Plus playing while watching TV or movies.

Blizzara has ridiculously high probability of freezing, and enemies run into it all the time when chasing after you, and then your next move does triple damage.
I see. I just kinda mess around with the game. I usually net about 2-3 hours a week.

Blizzara is amazing, I just don't like it. It looks dumb. I'd rather watch an Emerald whatchamacallit burn to death and spin like crazy instead of freezing it and just smacking it again.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
My setup is.

Meditate to 300tp > Thirdeye > Hasso > Angon > Penta Thrust > Jump > High Jump > Penta Thrust > Super Jump > Spirit Surge > Penta Thrust > Meditate > Thirdeye > Penta Thrust > Jump > High Jump > Penta Thrust > Super Jump.

get some.

I'm hoping at least one person understands this.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
So, as usual, who is going to be available for the weekly smashfest this time around?
Id like to play my MK a little harder this time around. See how some things im working on will work.

Top Bottom