• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Down for hosting a wednesday if anyone is down. (not sure who is going to be in town or when everyone is heading home for Turkey Day.)

People are more than welcome to crash here and/or stay til whenever since no one will have class thursday. And hell my sister will be cooking a feast for thursday if anyone wants to partake on that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I won't be able to come Wednesday, Chad. I'm flying out to Louisiana that morning.

@Bored--Hmm, it should have worked at 30 fps. You should try raising it to see its effect.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
man, i didnt know razer had it in him to be so serious.

....Im inspired.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I refuse to play Days any longer. It got lame once I was done with the main game.
I'll probably just action replay all the items and unlockables in at this point, because I'm too ****ed to do any more bull****. Monotonous at its best, really.

Methinks Max level ups and all items is all I want anyways.
That, and Luxord is still my favorite member, but Xion is my favorite character to play as.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I haven't played KH in so long. XD Pretty much didn't feel like doing a lot of the challenges. I'd play multiplayer sometime, though.

Right now it's all about Phantasy Star Zero.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Haha. I've beaten it as a mage, a rogue ranger, and now I'm going melee with my elf rogue/assassin/duelist.

Have to get all those achievements!!

Might I suggest getting The Rose's Thorn from the vendor in Orzrimmar? It's the best off-hand in the game. Also, if you find a meteor metal, take it to the guy outside of Soldier's Peak after you complete the quest line to get it turned into a sword that's basically the best I've ever seen. It's sick.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, gonna do Elf Mage next playthrough, then probably female Warrior Human, and then do the other 3 origin quests and I'm done. I have nothing else to play anyway, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Which ones do you have? I think I have most of the secret ones already, actually. Most I found entirely on accident, haha.

Yeah... Arcane Warrior is ********, if just for the fact that your mages can equip monstruous armor. I basically just got the first ability of AW and then spent the rest on AoE stuns and damage. Sleep and crushing prison are pretty much completely broken, especially after equipping all those +stamina armors on the mages.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I run mostly sustained buffs on my AW/BM mage. Working towards getting haste right now.

And I think i ruined some of the game when I looked up those secret achievements. Still on my first playthrough, so trying to avoid spoilers. I play games I enjoy really slowly.

Probably will max out my level too. Already level 20. Anyone get the new DLC? Probably will get that soon enough.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Which new DLC? I have Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner. Warden's Keep smith is pretty broken, automatically levels up everything you sell him that can be leveled up to an appropriate tier and you can repurchase from him.

I haven't gotten Blood Mage and I'm already in Orzammar. Don't have Berserker or Reaver yet either, don't really know where to find them :( Just sort of doing my own thing with my limited understanding of RPGs, haha.

Did discover a super broken trick though... Taunt + force field on tank = instant win. I don't use it though. I'm sitting at 18, I'll probably finish the game around 21 or 22. I like 100%ing games, but I never max levels, so whatever.

I'll probably get Return to Ostagar when it's out. Don't know what it is about this game that's so addicting, but I really like it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, I didn't realize so much of the Austin crew was playing Dragon Age!

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Oh, thought return to ostagar was already out. My bad.

And I think the 3 you mentioned can only be unlocked 1 way. Not sure about berserker, but i know if you didn't get blood mage at 1 point you can never get it. i think reaver is the same, though I thought you could buy the book somewhere.

And yes, this game can be addicting. Just as bad as 2 player Baldur's Gate.

Lol, we are at the same place. Working my way through the deep roads.

Dang, I didn't realize so much of the Austin crew was playing Dragon Age!
Playing it since day 1 in my free time. Glad to see others enjoying it. Lets all go visit Bioware Austin.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bah... I missed that then. No idea about Blood Magic either. I guess Oghren will teach Berserker since he has that. Just got him.

Shale, Morrigan, Wynn + DW Rogue/Assassin/Duelist is kind of broke, may try something different/more challenging next playthrough, hopefully people with super lulzy convos (I'm thinking Oghren, Sten, Shale and my Mage would be amazing... or maybe Morrigan instead of Sten/Shale).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What the **** are you guys talking about?

And don't double post.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Shale really shouldn't be playable. Way to powerful.

I have the same party as Alpaca. The two ladies both love me. 100 for each. Maxing out loyalty seems to be easy with all of the gifts. Though I've only done Alister, Morrigan, and Leliana.

And the blood mage is during Redcliffe. Won't give out any spoilers on getting it.

We are talking about Dragon Age Origins. An epic rpg from Bioware. One of the best rpgs out there right now and extremely addicting.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Shale definitely is the most broken tank ever... Alistair sucks for most of the game, can't blame me for not using him, lol. Next playthrough I'll do Deep Roads first so I can have Oghren as my tank and I won't have to rely on Shale + Vessel of the Spirit Wynn.

If you guys haven't used her at all and think Shale is broke... you're missing out. Not only does she have instant mana and health regen in Vessel of the Spirit... she spontaneously revives herself...

Deep Roads are long :\ Starting Dead Trenches.

I love Shale's character. He tells it like it is, and it's tight. What makes him so good though is how low cost it is to keep him beefed up compared to the other tanks. I can see him being less effective when you have a ton of Health Regen armors and equips on other tanks late game though.

Top Bottom