• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I did, but my internet's being gay and dropping posts, edits, infractions, etc.
I'm having trouble keeping track of what was dropped (giving more priority to infractions and edits).

Can't do HOBO, but I REALLY miss going to tournaments and might find a way to make it to one soon.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
...well, whatever. Just let me know if you can go Saturday.
If I can't get one other person to go with me, I'm not going to go.

I'm glad you asked, Nameless.
Goldwave to edit the files, MP3Gain to check sound levels, Brawl Custom Sound Maker (GUI) for songs that loop back to the beginning, and Androu1's tool (Google it, it's a little hard to find now and I'm lazy) for songs that require you to define a specific point to loop back to.
Just wanted to say thanks lol.

Gonna reinvigorate my music folder.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking I may want to play brawl again but I don't know anyone who currently plays. I assume since I live in Austin this is the correct place to go!
Is the tournament scene for this game dead now? I remember it had quite a strong following several years ago.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well, Austin doesn't hold many tournaments. Most take place in Dallas/Houston/San Antonio, so we travel to tournaments. We're hoping to try to get something going in the "tournament" department this semester.
The scene in general is still pretty strong in Texas. It's kind of unstable at times in Austin, but it always evens out and we tend to get random new players occasionally.

We usually carpool down to San Marcos to have our weekly fests since nobody in Austin can actually host, but we may be able to have them on the U.T. campus every other week soon.
Just out of curiosity, who do you use when you play?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm thinking I may want to play brawl again but I don't know anyone who currently plays. I assume since I live in Austin this is the correct place to go!
Is the tournament scene for this game dead now? I remember it had quite a strong following several years ago.
Player initiation season ended a few weeks ago.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I can't help but wonder if that one guy that Charles scared off with that trolling would have been any good.
The thought still haunts me to this day.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
I played a guy name Charles from this forum a couple times on a previous account I forgot the username and pass to. Due to other obligations I quit coming to the forums and therefore never met anyone else.
I don't know why there is an invitation process but I have an apartment and a car so I am able to host things and drive if the need arises.
I enjoy playing Pikachu, Toon Link, and Ike.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
There's no application process. A while back, one of our players (Charles AKA. "ADMJP") trolled a new guy by telling him that the application process for new players had already ended. The new guy apologized and left, never to be heard from again.
Now by that time, Charles had already quit playing and coming to fests/to the boards for months, so he pretty much popped up out of ****ing NOWHERE just to troll this poor guy. XD

So do you live near the U.T. campus? A lot of our players live on-campus.
I live out in Elgin, otherwise known as "the middle of nowhere" or "thirty minutes from anything interesting". -.-

Jozef

Smash Rookie
Oh, well that wasn't me. I don't know what it was but playing with Charles was not very fun...
I live in South Austin pretty close to the UT campus (I can see downtown from my apartment complex) I'm pretty interested in seeing how the smash scene is nowadays. If anyone is interested in playing let me know.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
All right. Just keep checking/posting in here daily/weekly and we'll keep you posted on what's happening. Most of the other guys should be returning from their respective holidays something this week, so maybe we can get something going.

I'd invite you to play with those of us that are playing this weekend in San Marcos, but it's only going to be four guys (Joel/PantyRaider, Collin/TheAlpacaMan, Mike2/...Mike2, and myself) and we often go until like... 4 A.M., so it might not be a good idea to start off with such a small group in an area where you're dependent on someone else for a ride.
You couldn't just leave if you got bored or felt uncomfortable, y'know?

O-KAY! I've been awake for ages and the caffeine is starting to wear down, so I'm going to bed.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
All right. Just keep checking/posting in here daily/weekly and we'll keep you posted on what's happening. Most of the other guys should be returning from their respective holidays something this week, so maybe we can get something going.

I'd invite you to play with those of us that are playing this weekend in San Marcos, but it's only going to be four guys (Joel/PantyRaider, Collin/TheAlpacaMan, Mike2/...Mike2, and myself) and we often go until like... 4 A.M., so it might not be a good idea to start off with such a small group in an area where you're dependent on someone else for a ride.
You couldn't just leave if you got bored or felt uncomfortable, y'know?

O-KAY! I've been awake for ages and the caffeine is starting to wear down, so I'm going to bed.
Well, I personally prefer small groups especially if it's a first meeting and I have my own car. Playing until 4 in the morning does not seem out of my personal game play habits. Smash till dawns have been part of my gaming for at least a decade.
I'll keep my eyes on the forums though and hopefully something will turn up.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well, I personally prefer small groups especially if it's a first meeting and I have my own car. Playing until 4 in the morning does not seem out of my personal game play habits. Smash till dawns have been part of my gaming for at least a decade.
I'll keep my eyes on the forums though and hopefully something will turn up.
Oh, right. Forgot you had a car. ^^;
Would you like to go, then? It's on Saturday.

If you want to drive down yourself, the address is "
1818 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, TX, 78666
". I could also pick you up, but I'd need your address and a phone number (I don't have a cell right now but I would probably pick up Mike2 first). Mike2, Joel, and Collin all have their numbers in the OP, if you decide to go and get lost.

Mike2, what time is good for you? I was hoping to be at your place by 1:30 P.M. so that we avoid 4:00 traffic.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
Oh, right. Forgot you had a car. ^^;
Would you like to go, then? It's on Saturday.

If you want to drive down yourself, the address is "
1818 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, TX, 78666
". I could also pick you up, but I'd need your address and a phone number (I don't have a cell right now but I would probably pick up Mike2 first). Mike2, Joel, and Collin all have their numbers in the OP, if you decide to go and get lost.

Mike2, what time is good for you? I was hoping to be at your place by 1:30 P.M. so that we avoid 4:00 traffic.
I would like to go but I have to work out my schedule first. I get off of work at 4 on Saturday so I'd be getting there much later than any of you guys would... but I am very interested.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah well, it's not like you're required to arrive at a specific time or anything. At our normal fests, most people don't even start showing up until later anyway.
I just like to arrive as early as possible because I live pretty far north and despise traffic.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
I also despise traffic and luckily don't really have to deal with it since I'm far south.
Do you guys play any melee at all? melee is my favorite smash but brawl is good if you are with a good crowd.
Also I may have played with some of ya'll if you guys have ever been to tournaments up in the Denton area several years ago.

When i quit playing brawl was dying and I expected it to completely die but I was proven wrong it seems!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I also despise traffic and luckily don't really have to deal with it since I'm far south.
Do you guys play any melee at all? melee is my favorite smash but brawl is good if you are with a good crowd.
Also I may have played with some of ya'll if you guys have ever been to tournaments up in the Denton area several years ago.

When i quit playing brawl was dying and I expected it to completely die but I was proven wrong it seems!
Nah, we're 100% Brawl. If you want to play melee, you'd want to talk to the U.T. Austin Smash Club.
I doubt Brawl will actually die until SSB4 comes out (in a few years), especially since Texas is such a strong area for it.

Mike2

Smash Ace

You should bring melee and teach me! I'll bring an extra tv
though you'd have to bring the wii/gamecube. The wii I use doesn't read discs

Mike2

Smash Ace
um i guess i'll plan on 1 for saturday.

"i just had sexxxx and it felt so good. when she let me put my penis inside herrrr"
peach confirmed ******

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
What the-
Never mind, don't want to know.

EDIT: And okay, I'll be there at 1:30 P.M. Saturday afternoon.

EDIT 2: And prepare to listen to bad Jpop on the entire ride over there because I still haven't decided on a new victory theme for Joel.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
My main is garbage and I still beat my friends! If I come i'll bring a Wii several controllers and maybe a tv... if an extra is needed.
and I'll be glad to show you what I know but I am in no way a great player! XD

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't worry about the T.V. I still have mine in my car from last semester (and I'm not getting off my lazy *** to unload it anytime soon) and Joel has one at his apartment. We all use GC controllers anyway so I doubt you'll need more than one controller, but you never know if someone'll forget theirs.
I'd just bring the Wii and one or two controllers.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If you're talking about Brawl, we do all right. Even our "worst" players can be really good under certain situations (on certain stages, teaming with someone specific in doubles, etc.).

If you're talking about Melee, I get beaten by jab-spammy CPU Marths. ^^;
I know some random ATs and such, but I'm really bad at using/applying them nowadays.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
Olimar :(
Well I'm sure you're better than me. I still have much to learn.
I cannot believe they finally banned metaknight.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't let "CloverLame" lie, he's really scrubby. Probably the scrubbiest of the bunch.

10Olimars.
So someone would have to be REALLY bad to lose to me repeatedly, right? ;)

MK ban is a roller coaster ride.

Would not be surprised if he was unbanned soon.
****'s pretty dumb. I'd be more than a little pissed off if I was part of the URC and people suddenly decided that they didn't want to ban the character after having to hear them piss and moan for years about how he wasn't getting banned.

Top Bottom