• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yup. =D

Man, nostalgia just hit me like a brick there. I actually started watching Detective Conan with the English dub then switched to the Japanese dub about... 30 episodes in when I found out that the English dub was not going to reach where the Japanese dub was.

I think I was 15 when I started watching it. Good times... I was pretty sad when I caught up to the anime last summer.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I started off with the Dub...and went 130 episodes with it. When I switched over to the Japanese...couldn't even bear to watch it given how much dislike I had for the voices. Usually I can switch between dub and japanese, but...meh on this one.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, some of the voices are drastically different from the Japanese dub... but that's really the English dub's fault. Ran (known as Rachel in the English dub) sounds completely different, for example. :laugh:

You should watch more, though. Around episode 130 (I think 127? It was a 2-hour long episode. I think the English dub stopped exactly at 125, actually) they introduce a new main character who is, in my opinion, one of the best anime characters of all time. At that point, the show actually gains a deeper overarching plot (because let's face it, the show had very little plot development for the first 100 episodes).

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay.
We can have that SA v. Austin Mod battle now. :3

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Mustafa whirled in his chair, moving to blot out the blue light radiating from the computer screen.
"By any means necessary," he whispered to the darkness. "By any... means... necessary..."

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Give it time, tofer...

Edit: Austin at HOBO 32:
2vs2
5: Panty+Kprime
9: Solid Soul+A male platypus

1vs1
25: A Male Platypus
33: Panty

And Leaf and Paw placed relatively high.

This is what happens without regular smashfests. :<
Kudos to Joel & Kprime in doubles, though. :D

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dallas Phase tournaments have returned and this time no more Meta Knight!

Phase X-2 on July 2 at FX Game Exchange
- Meta Knight is banned for all events.
- Doubles has been replaced with Theme Teams!

Check out the Tournament Thread for more info.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I placed low due to not knowing the mu vs. ZSS and Peach. The players I lost to were legit. so I'm not too upset. I am happy with the way I played in teams though. :)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
what the **** is this ****
You're surprised? He only has experience against that "Paw" scrub. :troll:

I'd be up to play this weekend, but we need a host and people and all that jazz.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I will host sometime this weekend just let me know what time. Paw, none of the G&Ws really know the mu except the one who defeated Nick R. in Florida.

Top Bottom