• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think I'm rusty. Okay, here's the full scoop. Ive been playing my roomates on a laggy TV. I lost with my G&W/Meta/Marth. One just picked up Meta and his unorthodox playstyle is giving me trouble... The other one beat me in the Meta ditto and beat me in 2 GW dittos, he has also beat me with his Mk vs. my GW multiple times. I don't know WTF is going on...Are they so use to my playstyle? Am I not trying hard enough to win? Am I super rusty? Is it a mix of all 3? I don't know.. I'm lost.

/end rant

:phone:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Bah. Everyone goes through this "I'm not good anymore" phase.
If you work at relearning what you lost, you might discover new applications for your tools.

You also mentioned a laggy T.V., soooo... Could be that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You're probably just trying too hard to win and being too aggressive as a result. Just take it slow and be patient. Scrubs can't do that.

I went through a period of losing to Danny before realizing that.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that seems right. I think I'm being way too agressive. I will practice for you Kprime! :)

Can anyone play this week?

I have a non lag, I'm going to set it up today. I have been too lazy to set it up, because you have to mess with the broken converter box for it to work...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I like things. I like Olimar. I like camping and gettin my run on. I sometimes wish the timer didn't exists so I could savor every looooonnnngggg moment.
You can't be stylish if you camp ALL the time. :denzel:

I can play near the end of the week, Joel.
Did you move or are you still at that one place?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I can't really "bring" male platypus because I'll be staying with someone in town after playing rather than driving back out to Elgin. I'll let him know about it and give him the address, though.
Should probably decide on a date, too.

Maybe we can get together a few more people so that we can actually play some decent doubles.
Nameless Wanderer said he might be able to play more during the summer, so he might be willing. As far as I know, Shiken and Kerg are still in town. Dunno what Collin or Erek are doing.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Have you SEEN what Bowser does when he uses his side-B or d-throw? D:

They don't show the part where he buys them a lobster dinner after the match.
Nothing wrong with a little casual Dthrowing.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, Shiken and Kerg are still in town.
Kerg just shipped out today for basic training for 8 weeks :< After that comes a year and a half of language training in Monterey, CA. I'll be moving along with her to CA around the end of August / early Sept. Don't know if we'll ever be coming back to Austin after that, so TL;DR In the next 2 months I'd def be up for friendlies at least a few more times before I go.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
The only time I really think I could play this week is Friday/Sat... I'm averaging about 120 pages of reading a night, and have an entire novel to read by weds with a test on Friday.

Actually, it would have to be Thursday night since I'm going back to El Campo on Friday afternoon... Dunno if that would work. Depends how much I study for my test on Friday. I'll keep you updated.

Edit: And Joel, it's not that you're rusty, it's that:

A.) The laggy tv
B.) You're actually not trying because you know it's a laggy TV, it's a psychological thing
C.) You play them CONSTANTLY, so they know how you play
D.) You might be a little rusty for competitive play, but you can shake it off quickly enough
F.) Don't overthink it.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Once you spend any significant time playing on a non-laggy TV, then go back to it, it's extremely noticeable. Especially when you're not used to buffering moves... I nairicide SO much as Ike on laggy TVs now.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Who's getting SSFIV AE? I want to download but how much space is this thing gonna take(ballpark)?

I have 227gbs to work with. Would it be better to just get the disc when it comes out?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nooooooooooooo. I doubt it would be anything close to that big O_O

Mike2

Smash Ace
lol only asking coz i downloaded the halo reach demo and it was 2gbs just for that

anyway nvmd lol

EDIT* anyone think they'll show a new smash game tomorrow? :)

Top Bottom