• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Dang. That was actually pretty good, tofer. XD

[collapse="Rant"]
Guys, I've been playing around with B-sticking all day and it's actually pretty nifty.
Some characters get a nice little bounce to some of their moves if you hit back on the C-stick while moving. They face the same direction, but they pull back a little. Actually pretty cool for things like Yoshi's Egg Lay (Neutral B moves are hard as hell to do, BTW), Olimar's Whistle and Pikmin Toss, and Lucas's PK Fire (the bounce for this is actually pretty big; I kept getting pushed offstage when playing with it).
Also, pressing in the opposite direction on the C-stick while running turns you around and jumps without losing momentum. This means instant advancing Bairs or shifty retreating Fairs.

I'm trying to learn how to play with both regular smash sticking and B-sticking, but learning to airdodge to DI is getting annoying. T_T
I remember hearing something about the Japanese thinking that airdodge is better for DIing because apparently you can airdodge earlier than you can use an attack when hit. Going to look into that.

[collapse="Random extra note"]
Moves with noticeable momentum shifts for Austin's mains:
Bowser - Fire Breath
Marth - Dancing Blade, Counter
Kirby - Hammer, Inhale
G&W - Jimmy Dean, Judgment Hammer
Ike - Quick Draw, Counter
Dedede - Minion Toss, Jet Hammer, Inhale
Yoshi - Egg Toss, Egg Lay
Olimar - Whistle, Pikmin Toss

Metaknight - NOTHIIIIIIIING!

This is fun. ^_^
[/collapse][/collapse]

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, so you didn't get AIM to talk to me?
That hurts, Mike. Right in the area where my heart would be.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, first thing I wanna test when my arms have healed is Klaw Dropped B-reversed Firebreath, followed by Edge Cancelled Klaw b-reversed Firebreath.

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dang. That was actually pretty good, tofer. XD

[collapse="Rant"]
Guys, I've been playing around with B-sticking all day and it's actually pretty nifty.
Some characters get a nice little bounce to some of their moves if you hit back on the C-stick while moving. They face the same direction, but they pull back a little. Actually pretty cool for things like Yoshi's Egg Lay (Neutral B moves are hard as hell to do, BTW), Olimar's Whistle and Pikmin Toss, and Lucas's PK Fire (the bounce for this is actually pretty big; I kept getting pushed offstage when playing with it).
Also, pressing in the opposite direction on the C-stick while running turns you around and jumps without losing momentum. This means instant advancing Bairs or shifty retreating Fairs.

I'm trying to learn how to play with both regular smash sticking and B-sticking, but learning to airdodge to DI is getting annoying. T_T
I remember hearing something about the Japanese thinking that airdodge is better for DIing because apparently you can airdodge earlier than you can use an attack when hit. Going to look into that.

[collapse="Random extra note"]
Moves with noticeable momentum shifts for Austin's mains:
Bowser - Fire Breath
Marth - Dancing Blade, Counter
Kirby - Hammer, Inhale
G&W - Jimmy Dean, Judgment Hammer
Ike - Quick Draw, Counter
Dedede - Minion Toss, Jet Hammer, Inhale
Yoshi - Egg Toss, Egg Lay
Olimar - Whistle, Pikmin Toss

Metaknight - NOTHIIIIIIIING!

This is fun. ^_^
[/collapse][/collapse]
I don't even know B-Sticking. But what I did notice is during my friendlies with Trela back from HoM2, the lag of the TV made me do a couple of Weird B-reverses which made me fastfall while still using the move in the same direction.
Not entirely sure if that's the B-Sticking you speak of, but for Egg toss we call it Wavebounced

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Cloverleaf just discovered RAR!
EDIT: NVM, overlooked Slush's post.
I'll just stop talking and take this as a slight embarrassment before I inadvertently insult someone else. ^^;

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Mike2, did you quit smash altogether or just going to tournaments?
Are you still going to come to smashfests?

Zifien

Smash Rookie
Mmk im back in san antonio, if any if you are in town for any reason and need a place to stay, i can most likely provide (most likely because i dont own the house >.>)
email is shakugannotenshi@yahoo.com
cell 2109120869

i dont really check the boards so dont expect me to see it if you need a place to stay
ciao

Zifien

Smash Rookie
i go to ut thus my smash friends are in austin
i dont know any one from sa and im sure they dont need a place to stay if they live here

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Stop trying to lure our players into your van with candy, tofer.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Derp... I've been contemplating on getting an apartment by myself. But the idea of living in a Small house with a Random person sounds more appealing.

Top Bottom