• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
EDIT: Ohhhhhh... I thought you were talking about something else.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pet laws are silly sometimes.

You can't own a hedgehog in California.

That must be why the WC gets ***** by X so hard.

@PX: Your red name is powerless here!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Visitors messages and PMs exist for two people to have prolonged conversations. Use the feature... or I'll probably flag the posts and get someone in here that CAN do something about it. Either that, or get a couple more people in on the conversation.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, I had a friend who wanted one bad back in high school. They're adorable little creatures that's for sure.

Is a red name a mod name? I honestly haven't cared enough to learn anything about names and shiz here.

And PX: We got bored hours ago. We're running on auto-pilot. lol

Edit: My bad then. Prolly poor judgement on my part to keep going, but meh. I'll leave with my 45ish posts while I'm ahead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, didn't think you could be so lame, Juan.

It's okay though. Really, it's your city's fault for not posting anything.

Yeah, Red names mean mod powers.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
So yeah, I'm thinking about opening up a San Antonio thread not related to Brawl to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. That way there'd be a srs thread, and a notsosrs thread.

Just asking Austin if they'd be interested in a thread like that.

Once again, pardon the interruption Austin.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Zac... As in UTDZac, or whatever that name was?

Is he who I'd ask about that? Meh, I'm too lazy now. I may or may not get around to actually doing it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Um okay wow...that was really...interesting to say the least.

I can picture Chris' reaction when he gets accepted to Disney.

-Epic face, epic face, epic face, aww...jizzed in his pants-.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Espy, Nidoking is amazing, I won't be eased into being a furry, and I will foil your trap at dawn.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Dayum. Zigsta striking a man where it hurts. <3 the trash talk. XD

Such a shame we don't get a chance to knock out your Hornets this year though...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
S'alright Maan; we sandbagged this year to get a higher draft pick.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, not enough! I honestly haven't followed this year's draft class though. I really don't follow the NBA draft after the top picks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
S'alright Maan; we sandbagged this year to get a higher draft pick.
This year's draft isn't as loaded as last year.

In any case, Lakers gonna win it all. LeBaby is gonna fake that elbow injury out of the playoffs, and the Lakers will take out whoever comes out of the East.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys/girls, PLEASE bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb) to HOBO 24. DugFinn isnt going to be able to let me borrow tvs this time so i really need yall to step it up for this one. PLEASE help me out.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, how excellent. In 20,000 years when people are looking through the ancient internet archives, they'll say, "This 'Zigsta' must have been quite a fellow to be praised by our all-knowing lord and master, SkyPirateCoud". :3

EDIT: By the way, what time do you normally get on AIM? I've been getting on around 2-5 AM, but you never seem to be on.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I hardly ever get on, haha.

I can hop on now real quick, though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My apologies for asking so many questions. I didn't know you actually did CG. ^_^

Check your mail sometime tomorrow.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Normally all you should aim for when fighting a good MK as Ike is to not get three stocked. I mean you can't win.
I read this comment on a video I was watching, then I thought about Jordan and laughed.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh right, Jordan.

I don't know exactly how to say this, but I would like to actually train and take Smash seriously for a certain tournament (more important than MLG).

I know it's selfish to ask something like this, but would you guys be willing to seriously 1v1 with me at any upcoming smashfests? Even if it's only a few matches, every bit is useful. I'm also going to completely disable all texture and music hacks on my Wii so that we may actually get replays I can study.
I would also like to play on every stage for these matches, even the "gay" stages. Would anybody be willing to do this?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha Chad.

I definitely wanna train hardcore...but it'll have to wait till I see you guys in the fall. In the meantime I'll get some Smash in with the Los Angeles scene...provided I'm not too busy of course, haha.

Also, I've got my cover letter I sent in to Walt Disney Pictures uploaded to Smashboards. I've you guys'd like to check it out, here it is.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we are planning to hold a Brawl singles tournament at our last meeting this Saturday in Art 1.102 with a $5 entry fee and cash payouts of 60/30/10. The meeting starts at 3pm, the Brawl tournament will start an hour or two afterwards. We would at least record grand finals. Can't guarantee a huge turnout but I did put out flyers around campus on monday and advertised in the UT events calendar. If turnout for Brawl is really poor, it's possible we would cancel the tourney. If it means anything, I think my bro JR5 will come, he plays a mean yoshi and sheik. Maybe you guys should invite some ppl from the San Antonio Brawl community.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
im dropping by, unless something more interesting comes up.

not entering the tourney though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my lord. Today's episode of "Community" was genius.

P.S. I'm actually busy on Saturday. My sincerest apologies, sir Bored. =/

P.P.S. I'm going to start running mono-Normal since so many of my favorites are normals, but I'm not using Zangoose because he's terrible. :o

EDIT: Too many postscripts.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just got the Pal release for the wii game not out in the US yet called Sin and Punishment. Interesting rail shooter. Looks like a typical shooter plane game, but you're using humans with jet packs. Still fun to play. Story is totally wtf though lol.

BIG EDIT: So I was trolling on AiB chat rooms, and I found a Texas Peach player who has a skill of 1850 on the ladder. He seems pretty legit. He's only 15, but he's moving to Austin this Summer, so I was considering having him show up to some smashfests next semester. I told him to post here if he wanted to, not sure he will.

Right now, he lives in Plano, where I live xP.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
A legit Peach moving to Austin? My, that's certainly good news.
Peach mains are usually top-tier users.

Top Bottom