• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll already be home on break then most likely, so I probably won't be able to give people rides back to Slidell, FYI. As long as you guys can get a carpool down, my place is open.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I was listening to "You'll be in my heart" from tarzan while I was waiting for my cherry coke at sonic. It reminded me of you.

Come back :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nike, I promise the next time I come down to SA, we'll go to Sonic and sing "You'll Be in My Heart" together.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Alright time to break this chain of tourney threads and put something down.

Austin doesn't want to invite SA to there events anymore. :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 9 - June 5th - Dallas, TX

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275869

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTN934AldeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTN934AldeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHYD9S3gLvc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHYD9S3gLvc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My love for Disney just might have successfully landed me a girl.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Did she prick her finger on a spinning wheel or something?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Okay, this is probably gonna be a tl'dr 'cuz I'm really feeling in a creative zone right now and want to write something.

I went to Disneyland and California Adventure with my family a few days ago, and when I left, I remember thinking to myself that I wish I could go right back. I'm really in my element there--it's almost like I can feel my creativity at a heightened level whenever I'm at a Disney theme park.

So I drop my family off at LAX and return home to my apartment by myself. I log onto Facebook and check the UTLA (the film program I'm participating in here in Los Angeles) and see if anyone's getting something planned. A girl's getting a group for Disneyland the next day.

I debate it just for a bit and decide to tag along. I text the girl and learn what time they're leaving. She adds me on Facebook. She's gorgeous. I send a text asking who's driving, but she doesn't respond. I turn in late that night and set my alarm for 8:45 AM just in case she responds and the trip is still on.

I wake up the next morning at 8:45 AM. Nothing. I'm worried I'm left out of the loop, so I go back to bed. An hour later, I get a text from her asking me to meet her at her place at 10. I tell her I went back to sleep when she didn't respond to my text late last night, and I won't be able to be ready in time for 10. She tells me they'll wait for me. She asks if I can drive; I tell her no sweat.

We drive out to Disneyland around 11:30. It's me, her, and her two roomies. I ask them where they're interning at and what their dreams are. They don't ask about mine, but I tell them anyway. The four of us talk about random stuff the whole hour drive there. It was really easy to let loose.

We arrive at the park, and since they've never been, I'm the tour guide, so to speak. I sit next to the girl on almost every ride, but not because I'm trying to do so. Plenty of times in line I'd be by one of the other girls, and at some point, they'd advance in the line so that the girl and I were next to each other. As we walked about the park, I pointed out details of the architecture there and shared my knowledge of Disney history with them.

We ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She gets flung across the seat next to me at one point and just stays there.

We go to Pirates of the Caribbean. She wants to act and write, I found out earlier in the day. I ask her while we're waiting what type of acting roles she prefers and what type of screenplays she enjoys to write. She tells me her interests, primarily drama and family. Silence. I wonder if she's going to ask me about mine in turn. She quickly does, and I tell her I'm most fond of writing epics and family films. I tell her I originally wanted to be a novelist, but I soon decided to become a screenwriter. The epic I originally meant to be a novel in 8th grade is something I work on to this day.

We stopped for pizza and pasta that night. The girl and I got our food and sat down while the other two went to wash their hands. A little boy popped his head over our booth. He smiled and introduced himself and said it was his 5th birthday today. We wished him a happy birthday, and he asked us for our names. He kept popping his head up and smiling. It was pretty funny. The girl and I talked about how we're both against putting children on leashes. We continued talking some more, and she told me her last boyfriend was into Sex and the City and musical theatre. I figure I'm not half bad.

Later that night, we have 15 minutes until the fireworks show. Her roomies both want to ride the carousel before the show. The girl says she'll just wait. She asks me if I want to go with them to ride the carousel. I tell her I'll stay back, too. We sit down. I tell her about how John Lasseter is my idol. She says she's heard conflicting stories at to the character of Walt Disney. I look right at her. Her attention is completely on me. I forget how to pronounce "anti-Semite." She asks me about my epic I've been working on. I begin telling her about it and my large plastic case I keep all my notes, outlines, and character backstories in. Her eyes are still completely focused on me. It's difficult for me to keep a train of thought as I look into her eyes. I forget what the opposite of "submerge" is. I tell her a lot of details I've written about the Bermuda Triangle turned out to be true when I researched them years later. She's fascinated and says she wonders how I had this vision. She says she wishes she has ideas as well developed as I do and shares some of her ideas with me. One such idea involves a man a woman falling in love over Craig's List. I tell her she could throw in some jokes about people who troll the site. She asks me if I mean troll the creature. I tell her what trolling is and share with her a troll post Juan showed me--the one where the guy hides a handgun in a party cup. She finds it hilarious.

She says they're going to see Sex and the City 2 with their friends the next day. I laugh and say I have to pass on that movie.

I drop them off at their apartment. I head back to my place and turn in for the night.

I wake up in the middle of the night. For some reason, I recall her saying she finds networking easy. Suddenly I remember being at the UTLA orientation meeting a few months ago. There was a beautiful girl on the other side of the room from me. I thought to myself that that was a more than just a pretty face; it was someone I'd want to get to know. I've seen plenty of attractive girls at UT, but none of them have ever made me think past their looks. She noticed me looking at her, and I caught her looking my way once. The program director asked who's into networking. She raises her hand. It's right then and there in my bed that I piece two and two together: The girl I went to Disneyland with yesterday is the exact same beautiful girl I wanted to get to know at the meeting.

In the morning, I wake up to a text. She's inviting me to breakfast at her place with her friends before they go off to the movie. One of her roomies says she lied and told some other people the breakfast got called off; in reality, she says, they didn't want many people over.

So tl;dr, I'm feeling some kind of connection. I've been wrong about reading girls plenty of times, but this is the first time I've ever first gotten to know a girl at Disneyland, a place where I can just feel my passion and creativity overflowing.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So tl;dr, I'm feeling some kind of connection. I've been wrong about reading girls plenty of times, but this is the first time I've ever first gotten to know a girl at Disneyland, a place where I can just feel my passion and creativity overflowing.
This.

<holy crap man>

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, I knew it would be long, but I didn't know it was gonna be that long.

Juan, don't say it!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my. Go for it, Chris.

By the way, I can't stop laughing at the fact that it was the troll post Juan showed you.
It's like Juan has a hand in everything. XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh my. Go for it, Chris.

By the way, I can't stop laughing at the fact that it was the troll post Juan showed you.
It's like Juan has a hand in everything. XD
The papa always does well by his friends :)

Hope things keep going well for you Chris, can always call/write me if you need to talk/advice/whatever.

Top Bottom