• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
Dont be mean. Dthrow combos can still work at higher percents, but then they are not true combos. The reads are hards yes but it is not impossible, maybe a quick wavebounce would work?? Also, Im a loner , I dont have friends. Problem?

Please dont be so judgemental, I am stuck with the 3ds version until after Christmas. But, Im considering using the 3ds controller or WiiMote like I did in Brawl.

Merry Christmas God Bless- Jay kun
Diddy kongs dthrow to upair is not a true combo at high %, you're right. it turns into a FRAMETRAP. you can airdodge but he can upair again and you're done for. You shouldn't speak on things you dont know about. Hopefully you get a wiiu for xmas so you can play some real players and actually learn something ^-^

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Diddy kongs dthrow to upair is not a true combo at high %, you're right. it turns into a FRAMETRAP. you can airdodge but he can upair again and you're done for. You shouldn't speak on things you dont know about. Hopefully you get a wiiu for xmas so you can play some real players and actually learn something ^-^
http://youtu.be/2IrPc9N1qIs?t=5m38s 5:40~

When it's not guaranteed, you should try to jump away, not air dodge.

Croi

Smash Lord
Sonic's one of the more annoying characters to fight, imo. He's not nearly as intense as Diddy or Fox, and in fact I'd say the MU is about even, but damn is he hard to hit when he doesn't wanna be.

Is it possible to shut down his spin dash/dash attack by charging an AS with your back turned to him? In Brawl and in 4, Wario can just open his mouth and that ruins Sonic's typical approach entirely; I'm wondering if the same my-hitbox-beats-your-hitbox thing would work with a Lucario with mid-to-high aura.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
http://youtu.be/2IrPc9N1qIs?t=5m38s 5:40~

When it's not guaranteed, you should try to jump away, not air dodge.
yes but that's at very high %'s. he can usually still kill you before it comes to that %.

--
and yeah croi, past like 60-80% AS shuts down ALL spindash approaches. Could even test it yourself with 2 controllers. The only thing to watch out for is like run up-> fsmash or something since that will still trade

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Plus jumping away from the uair usually puts you in another bad situation for some characters.

Diddy is just so good in general.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm thankful that we have nice landing options , Both to stall or burst land (wish Lucario rised faster on his jump sometimes tho)

I still think we beat Sonic and Yoshi really hard as carryover from Brawl if we play Smart.

I'm convinced that our worst overall Match-Ups are going to end up Ness/Cap/Fox.

Maybe Villager if the 1f vulnerability on sweetspots gets us Tree'd

G&W has the potential to **** us up too with good Luck
-----

On that note, does anyone know if it's possible to soft land Extremespeed on platforms?

It was possible in Brawl, but I can't seem to do it in this game

Croi

Smash Lord
Ness isn't hard. He has a moderate approach projectile but he has to approach the same way everyone else has to. If you can avoid getting grabbed at kill percents, you've essentially won. He just has a lot of hype so he's a lot scarier than he seems.

Captain Falcon is the exact same case, but he does everything a whole lot faster. He actually is pretty scary, but only if you let him be. IMO if that MU isn't even, it's 51-49 his favour or something silly. He has no projectile and he can't wall especially well so just play patiently (and chase him offstage) and you ought to be fine.

Fox is pretty hard, though, and Villager walls us out waaaaaay too well. I dunno if I'd trust Lucario in those ones.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Get Fox with a UTilt or grab and you can do so many stupid things to him.

I also love firing Aura Sphere to sorta tech chase.

You can also do the whole charging AS with your back facing the edge thing at higher percents.

There may be a point where he might not be able to FSmash you through your charging Aura Sphere with your back facing him, but I am not 100% sure.

I need to study some ledge shenanigans we may be able to do...

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
you're joking right
(lol, joking about getting the Wii U today or about the disliking part) Nope, well maybe I don't hate it, but I what I mean is I prefer the 3ds controller a LOT better because I have never touched a gamecube controller ever (All I have close is a classic controller and a PDP wired Yoshi controller). When I mentioned tournaments I meant entering Wii U tournaments using the 3ds controller. I know that the buttons are lacking but I just can't get used to classic controllers, but I probably will ove rthe next week.

NOTE: This is my opinion at the moment, it may change once I am pro with classic/gamecube controllers (I love Wii U graphics, there is nothing wrong with the Wii U Smash Bros itself)

peace out- Jay-kun:4kirby::4lucario::mewtwopm:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
(lol, joking about getting the Wii U today or about the disliking part) Nope, well maybe I don't hate it, but I what I mean is I prefer the 3ds controller a LOT better because I have never touched a gamecube controller ever (All I have close is a classic controller and a PDP wired Yoshi controller). When I mentioned tournaments I meant entering Wii U tournaments using the 3ds controller. I know that the buttons are lacking but I just can't get used to classic controllers, but I probably will ove rthe next week.

NOTE: This is my opinion at the moment, it may change once I am pro with classic/gamecube controllers (I love Wii U graphics, there is nothing wrong with the Wii U Smash Bros itself)

peace out- Jay-kun:4kirby::4lucario::mewtwopm:
In my humble opinion you will benefit from mastering stuff on the GC controller. More people are more familiar with it and will be able to give you better advice. Plus a wired controller will minimize input lag. Backwards FAirs are not bad if you want to go all Trela on people and you really need a C-Stick for that.

Plus all of the SDs I've done due to the 3DS control stick make me sad :<

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
and yeah croi, past like 60-80% AS shuts down ALL spindash approaches. Could even test it yourself with 2 controllers. The only thing to watch out for is like run up-> fsmash or something since that will still trade
Still lost, but the matches were much closer. And slower. Maybe someday I will be good at wifi with a pro controller.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Besides after mentioned wireless woes, you are not actually losing out too much if you're using a N3DS, although the c-stick nub is placed oddly.

Well besides not being able to use it online as a controller (dpad set to attacks mashing on 3DS for Grab Breaks are easier, apparently).

-----

There is nothing flashier on this char than perfect pivot to dsmash. (When it works)

nothing

I wish perfect pivot uptilt was feasible to do without tilt stick, probably a better punish than Dash Attack in certain situations since the new one doesn't launch straight up.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Besides after mentioned wireless woes, you are not actually losing out too much if you're using a N3DS, although the c-stick nub is placed oddly.

Well besides not being able to use it online as a controller (dpad set to attacks mashing on 3DS for Grab Breaks are easier, apparently).

-----

There is nothing flashier on this chat than perfect pivot to dsmash. (When it works)

nothing

I wish perfect pivot uptilt was feasible to do without tilt stick, probably a better punish than Dash Attack in certain situations since the new one doesn't launch straight up.
Aaaaggh

-----

There is nothing flashier on this chat than perfect pivot to dsmash. (When it works)

nothing

Aagghh!!!! I cannot perfect pivot with the GC controller!!!!!!!!! Also, is dash dancing hard?

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
yes but that's at very high %'s. he can usually still kill you before it comes to that %.
Not sure if you're talking about in general or specifically from dthrow > uair but whatever. Personal testing (2 controllers, one person, so take it with a grain of salt) seems to indicate that dthrow > uair rarely, or possibly even never, death combos Lucario on FD IF he DI's the dthrow correctly. I tested kill percents on FD when Diddy was at 0%, 50%, 100%, and 150% to get a general idea of how rage affected things as well. I mostly did this with no DI, but I did check if DI'ing the dthrow made a clear difference or not. It did every time.

When diddy was at 0% the combo killed Lucario at 109%~ with no DI, but when I DI'd the dthrow properly, the uair was def not a true combo (bair/fair might still combo, but they kill much later). Diddy at 50% killed Lucario at 103%~, but DI'ng led to the same results as above. Diddy at 100% killed Lucario at 87%~ (though I'm not sure if this is even a true combo WITHOUT DI), DI gave the same results as above otherwise. Diddy at 150% killed Lucario at 71%~ (again not sure if this even true combos), same results as above.

Decaying Diddy's dthrow didn't seem to make much of a difference in terms of combo potential. Decaying his uair (which is pretty likely to be the case during a match) obviously should raise the kill percents quite a bit.

It would also be nice if someone else could test to conform or deny it. Preferably with two people so we can be sure.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Consider Rage against stale Uair.

Although, there is definetely some kind of area inbetween:

"Diddy can connect with dthrow -> Uair but it won't kill us" percent

And

"Diddy cannot connect with Uair guranteed after Dthrow due to airdodge or jump, but the Uair will kill us" percent

There's this range where getting grabbed just spells out our death warrant for sure, You get a feel for it after playing the MU a lot, or at least thats how it feels for me

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Not sure if you're talking about in general or specifically from dthrow > uair but whatever. Personal testing (2 controllers, one hand, so take it with a grain of salt) seems to indicate that dthrow > uair rarely, or possibly even never, death combos Lucario on FD IF he DI's the dthrow correctly. I tested kill percents on FD when Diddy was at 0%, 50%, 100%, and 150% to get a general idea of how rage affected things as well. I mostly did this with no DI, but I did check if DI'ing the dthrow made a clear difference or not. It did every time.

When diddy was at 0% the combo killed Lucario at 109%~ with no DI, but when I DI'd the dthrow properly, the uair was def not a true combo (bair/fair might still combo, but they kill much later). Diddy at 50% killed Lucario at 103%~, but DI'ng led to the same results as above. Diddy at 100% killed Lucario at 87%~ (though I'm not sure if this is even a true combo WITHOUT DI), DI gave the same results as above otherwise. Diddy at 150% killed Lucario at 71%~ (again not sure if this even true combos), same results as above.

Decaying Diddy's dthrow didn't seem to make much of a difference in terms of combo potential. Decaying his uair (which is pretty likely to be the case during a match) obviously should raise the kill percents quite a bit.

It would also be nice if someone else could test to conform or deny it. Preferably with two people so we can be sure.
Um, I feel like a noob but what is decaying and what is DI-ing a throw?

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Um, I feel like a noob but what is decaying and what is DI-ing a throw?
Move decay (or stale moves or whatever) refers to the fact that whenever a move is used (and hits) it will become weaker (less damage and less knockback) the next time it's used. A move be can decayed several times, around 10~.

DI stands for Directional Influence. When you're hit, you can influence your trajectory be holding a direction on the control stick. You can do this against throws too.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I'll finally be on that Wii U status in about a week so y'all should add me or something.

NNID: AlexoftheAura
I'll rek you online when you're ready ' ~ '

also i'm not continuing the diddy convo vs nubs. ty for your time

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'll rek you online when you're ready ' ~ '

also i'm not continuing the diddy convo vs nubs. ty for your time
Could you please be less rude to people? That you're better is only more reason to be patient as you explain.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Could you please be less rude to people? That you're better is only more reason to be patient as you explain.
Im joking with alex. I don't want to talk about the diddy mu with people who haven't played a legit diddy

calm down, dont cry.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hope my fellow Lucario brothers and sisters had a good xmas and will have a good new years <3

Also, don't take Kami to heart, kami is just straight to the point and says what Kami wants to say <3

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Eesh I feel like Im never going back to the 3DS, Wii U version having more effects on screen actually improved my accuracy with neutral air by a ton.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Kami is a dildo, but if you can't ignore shots at that intensity, What are you doing here?

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Eesh I feel like Im never going back to the 3DS, Wii U version having more effects on screen actually improved my accuracy with neutral air by a ton.
Overall the 3DS version felt like a demo of what the WiiU version was going to be. Though I wish we had the 3ds maps too.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Kami is a dildo, but if you can't ignore shots at that intensity, What are you doing here?
I can ignore it, personally. I don't live or die based on people I've never even met. But it's not helpful to other people who may want to post here and learn. I get ribbing in communities, but this is socially unaware potshots masquerading as jokes. That one dude in every group that takes his jokes too far, but no one ever lets him know since he's OG. It's not even just here - he did it in the Q&A thread. Quite frankly, being able to take "jokes" like that has nothing to do with the metagame and/or discussing the metagame. It's not a prerequisite for being here and barring some huge moderation change, it never will be.

Anyways, that's all I have to say with regards to that. Do what you will. ;P

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I recently started picking up Lucario again recently, and i realized i lost some of my skill with him, but now i'm start to get it back again. I was just curious, could you guys tell me which match ups are bad concerning Lucario (as in he's at a disadvantage) besides obvious ones like Diddy. He's not my primary so i don't neccessarily use him too often and know stuff like that.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Move decay (or stale moves or whatever) refers to the fact that whenever a move is used (and hits) it will become weaker (less damage and less knockback) the next time it's used. A move be can decayed several times, around 10~.

DI stands for Directional Influence. When you're hit, you can influence your trajectory be holding a direction on the control stick. You can do this against throws too.
Thx, i actually knew what those mechanics are, I just didnt recognize the different names for them :124: lol

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I can ignore it, personally. I don't live or die based on people I've never even met. But it's not helpful to other people who may want to post here and learn. I get ribbing in communities, but this is socially unaware potshots masquerading as jokes. That one dude in every group that takes his jokes too far, but no one ever lets him know since he's OG. It's not even just here - he did it in the Q&A thread. Quite frankly, being able to take "jokes" like that has nothing to do with the metagame and/or discussing the metagame. It's not a prerequisite for being here and barring some huge moderation change, it never will be.

Anyways, that's all I have to say with regards to that. Do what you will. ;P
Yass, Jay-kun agrees, I want to have this matter put aside as quickly as possible so Kami bro you to udder(Moooo!)stand that a joke may not effect both sides of it equally.

Moooooo! Let us share on the metagame instead:kirby64::lucario:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Anyway here is one poopy matchup from expeirience: Samus ): :samus2:
-Is too floaty and can break out many of Lucario's moves easily (Cant even connect the third hit in your jab combo
-Can counter Lucario's AS (aura sphere) with neutral special
-Spacing is especially hard because of range on grab, which can also counter a force palm at mid low %s
-friggen spammed missiles counter Double Team!
-has a meteor smash and a suit that prevents aura leakage :p
Reported for double posting

:yeahboi:
Yooooo lol wut.:olimar:

EDIT:Idk if this was known, found something cool with Lucario's jab. So if you use consecutive jab 1's standing in place whatever, (Quick testing you are able to repeat jab 1 when any part of Lucario's left hand passes head) the aura "wave" will visibly enlarge that will do more damage and can be "saved" while using other jabs right at or near the ending frames. Noticebly on jab 2 after "aura charging" on jab 1, a sphere of aura will enlarge on his left hand fairly sized. This is very much better seen on 3ds, which is probably why you missed it.
I dont know if this works with other moves or if it also inceases priority, reduces lag of next attack, etc. You will actually need the 3ds version since the Wii U graphics are too HD to notice some difference worth caring about.
This seems on the surface useless but might not be. This may turn out really big if someone can devote time to it. It may be a new mechanic in the game or just a bug, I have a theory that somehow moves staleness can be reversed by activating it right at the ending frames of the same move previously used.
This seems not worth mentioning just wanted to see if I was crazy

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Anyway here is one poopy matchup from expeirience: Samus ): :samus2:
-Is too floaty and can break out many of Lucario's moves easily (Cant even connect the third hit in your jab combo
-Can counter Lucario's AS (aura sphere) with neutral special
-Spacing is especially hard because of range on grab, which can also counter a force palm at mid low %s
-friggen spammed missiles counter Double Team!
-has a meteor smash and a suit that prevents aura leakage :p

Yooooo lol wut.:olimar:
OH glob Spamus, i always hate dealing with her regardless of who i use. I dont find her Meteor Smash a thread, it comes out really slow, Palutena's is deadlier IMO. But good to know.

Haven't seen a good online in forever, so i wouldn't know the match up.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You will actually need the 3ds version since the Wii U graphics are too HD to notice some difference worth caring about
That's the opposite of how it works. If you can't see it on the Wii U version, there's probably no visual effect and/or it's likely placebo.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure we win the Samus matchup. Only thing to really watch out for being Charge Shot.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario is so broken in dubs.

I hate SDing so much.

That is all.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I officially gave myself a near heart attack. Missed the ledge with extreme speed by a very tiny amount and hit the underside but I bounced upward and just barely got enough height to snap to the ledge. I don't think I'll ever be fully comfortable with extreme speeding to the ledge when off screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom