• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, it should be assigned to someone who regularly visits/posts here.

D

Deez1

Hi guys! First post in this thread!
I'm trying to write a guide for all of us (and newcomers too) so please feel free to share some tips!

Last week I entered on a local tournament swarming with Diddy's and made it to the grand finals (somehow...) from loser's bracket, reseting and finally losing 3-0. 3 stocks, omega only and no-time.

My point is, What are our options against a diddy? I've managed to drag him down to last stock, but that infamous combo was ruining my matches, the only way I could hold on was by attempting reads and punishing with AS whenever was off-guard. But IMO being defensive against a Diddy will complicate your life, how can we face him?
Not to toot my own trumpet but my play style can deal with pretty much everyone even the diddy kong. I got some advice from a good friend who said. At lower percentages and Diddy gets you caught in the grab to up air trap. DI towards diddy kong. At higher percentages around about 100%, DI away from diddy kong. The only thing you have to worry about is the forward air. I put my own mix to this when actually vsing a diddy. I used counter because I baited that forward air and I won the game due to that. Those are your options.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So whats the deal with the character impressions thread and the odd posts of someone just crapping on lucario with near no explanation?

Its pretty insulting that they have the need to feel bad for us because they think lucario is bad.

Steam

Smash Hero
CO streams their events, Steam? Even tho the CO thread is ded you should at least link results and stream link mang.
I don't have a smart phone and the stream link changes a lot so :x

I normally link it to the lucario skype chat but not here. and yeah we stream everything, CO smash is blowing up in every game. P:M is actually our biggest game atm and all our locals get ~50 for it. That's A LOT for Colorado.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd just want to stare at smash 4 since Lucario or fishbait seems to win it all.
Also sounds like my city, except there's still the whole Melee vs brawl thing except with Smash 4 now of course.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd just want to stare at smash 4 since Lucario or fishbait seems to win it all.
Also sounds like my city, except there's still the whole Melee vs brawl thing except with Smash 4 now of course.
yeah Fishbait and I have only dropped sets to each other so far. and tbh our sets overall are some of the most exciting smash 4 matches around right now, at least when it's falcon vs lucario

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Well, Lucario can bring hype to a tournament with ease, just by the fact that more damage = more strength = more dangerous for both = more interesting. Oh and since Lucario hardly has a true combo, you're always improvising and creating combos in the run. That's what makes a match exiting, not the same old combo several times.

EDIT: Well, someone who has played Lucario for a while have the possibility to do so. Newcomers will probably say he's weak and noobish.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ahh, is that so~?
Then I will make sure to link you anytime we have a tournament~

I'm a little shocked Colorado's been so busy lately. I'm glad your place is too! It's kinda nice something new is as popular as the melee games currently.. Although yeah. Steam and Fish are a league above everyones level at the moment. I'll catch up, but i'll still always be rooting for the Dreamy Steamy Senpai~ <33

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Well, Lucario can bring hype to a tournament with ease, just by the fact that more damage = more strength = more dangerous for both = more interesting. Oh and since Lucario hardly has a true combo, you're always improvising and creating combos in the run. That's what makes a match exiting, not the same old combo several times.

EDIT: Well, someone who has played Lucario for a while have the possibility to do so. Newcomers will probably say he's weak and noobish.
He has more true combos than most of the cast does

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
His true combo is only Side-b to death.
Invite me to skype, yoshi one is ded despite newbies I invited inviting their own random friends, jumped from like 29 to 46 and still inactive lol

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
lucario.... AS A SECONDARY
Tho honestly, when everyone was like 5 years old 40 years ago in 1870 and YT wasn't run by Project Google minus, at the beginning of brawl I had secondaries like Lucario IC sanic snake mario luigi n olimar but stuck with lucario and Luigi at the end of brawl, Lucario feels too clunky for me in Smash 4.

If I actually cared about PM, I'd prolly go Lucario over Yoshi since he's just Ryu quite literally now. The heads mean nuthing -w-

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone know if hitstun stacks if you're hit by a move right after being hit by another move?

If so shield jump cancel Up Smash out of Aura Sphere charge might be a true combo if the total hitstun exceeds 24 frames (the 15 frame part is a little low to hit out of ASC). If someone rolls into the middle of the charge or something I feel we might get that USmash at higher %.

Or if we force someone to suffer landing lag or RCO lag from the very first hits...We could possibly true combo into the 15 frame hitbox of USmash out of Aura Sphere cancel.

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
That one actually is a true combo, but as you said, you have to catch your foe in the middle of the ASC and yourself.

Although you have to time it right after the ASC hits, and your foe can't be too low to land or too high to pop-out.
EDIT: Same stuff happens with ASC -> Shield Jump -> DAir, or that's not a true combo?

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Hitstun doesn't stack. The amount of hitstun that is dealt by the second hit would replace the hitstun that is dealt by the first hit.

Last edited:
D

Deez1

Let's get this discussion rolling. I don't know how my friend does this but when she plays Lucario (she only plays him to piss me off) she does neutral a- neutral a- to either down tilt - grab or a dash attack or up smash. Like what the hell?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Let's get this discussion rolling. I don't know how my friend does this but when she plays Lucario (she only plays him to piss me off) she does neutral a- neutral a- to either down tilt - grab or a dash attack or up smash. Like what the hell?
all you have to do is jump away x.x

D

Deez1

all you have to do is jump away x.x
No, yeah I know. It seems to be in a kind of true combo. I look at her like she is a freaking genius. I do have my own true combo though which I'm proud of

Last edited by a moderator:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I don't always use true combos, but when I do I make sure they hurt!

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
No, yeah I know. It seems to be in a kind of true combo. I look at her like she is a freaking genius. I do have my own true combo though which I'm proud of
It's not a true combo, the first two hits of jab don't even combo into the third hit of jab.

Last edited:

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Does anyone know the correct way to DI away from luigi's dthrow combos? Also does anyone have some tips about how to counter certain characters who grab ALOT like luigi or diddy to set up their combos? they seem to just shield grab dair or nair when I land

D

Deez1

Does anyone know the correct way to DI away from luigi's dthrow combos? Also does anyone have some tips about how to counter certain characters who grab ALOT like luigi or diddy to set up their combos? they seem to just shield grab dair or nair when I land
This may seem really arrogant but just play like I do and you will be fine. Just spot dodge a lot more. You could try and go for the grab if you have enough time but more than likely they will go into a jab, so you jab just as you come out of spot dodge. With diddy kong, when he grabs and goes I to the combo, at lower percentages DI towards diddy at about 100% DI away from him but you got to watch their forward air. Just use counter to bait out that forward air so you can counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom