• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask Trela/Disciple anything thread

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
I decided to play lucario after watching the sktar stream.
That was the most inspirational stream for any Lucario, all creeping notions of changing my main to someone B-tier or higher were cast out as shameful weakness and will never be allowed to return from exile.

Oh? and playing against you was an honor, btw. I enjoyed it very much. :)

DrSoussou, your story made my day. I enjoy you too, sire.

Actually., I enjoy all Lucario players. <3
all about the base stats

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
That was the most inspirational stream for any Lucario, all creeping notions of changing my main to someone B-tier or higher were cast out as shameful weakness and will never be allowed to return from exile.

all about the base stats
Sadly. it looks like trela is shaky(see what I did there) on any match-ups that isn't MK.

Really though trela puts in that hard work and it shows. Lucario is a character that requires a extremely solid foundation of the game. He doesn't do that much better vs. low tiers than top tiers. Lucario defiantly has glaring flaws like the in ability to chase characters. He simply has a a solution to all these flaws.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
-2 easily. Have you ever been knocked of stage by good MK? Do you realize how easy it is for MK to get lucario off stage?

I'm sure Trela and Disciple can answer that for you.

It will be O.k trela I can't think of a pun regarding atomsk. I'm assuming that the name is a reference to the anime. You still are the #1 lucario in my eyes.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
This is really a question for anyone, but I really want the opinion of Disciple and Trela.

How good would a double lucario team be? I have never ever seen that team. And can barely image the gimmicks that could come out of it.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
I'm pretty sure that if you time it right and aim them in the right directions, you can Double-Team a Double-Teamed Double-Team 0.o

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I'm thinking about double fsmash on shield. Or 2 FCAS at mid percent on shield. Honestly, people would have to play like a yoshi player.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember playing doubles friendlies with Fonz, Lee Martin, and Trela.

I think we all got cholera afterwards.

:phone:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well, Trela should team with me at WABA. Even though I made an awful pun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think that'll happen...

SmashStudent27

Smash Rookie
Hey friends, long time lurker, first time caller. This seems to be the place to ask about Lucario stuff. I played the game back in 2008 when it came out and got pretty good with him, but quit after that. I recently rebought a Wii and found a used copy of Brawl and got some old friends together who wanna play when this semester starts, and I want to show them I'm still baller like I used to be.

I have to admit reading through this thread, a lot of the nerdy lingo is lost on my elf ears (I say elf ears since I am such a Zelda fanboy). In any case, I'll just briefly go over what I could do back in my day.

I knew how to do most of the B moves (I had a lot of trouble with side B, but I could do up and down B, and I could generate the orb pretty well). I used a lot of non pressed As, (like the light moves, not the really violent ones). And I used grab on occasion maybe once every six or seven matches. I was pretty good, but its been such a long time.

I am wondering if you guys can help me rebuild myself to where I used to be before school starts in September. Thanks a lot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
So what made you want to play Lucario, everyone?
Lucario at face value has a very gimmick dependent damage modifier. This is what I like about Lucario. It FORCES you to play Lucario as a momentum based character. You can't use just 1 type of fighting style playing Lucario. Lucario teaches you to play differently depending on how much damage you've accumulated, and Lucario also demands you understand how his knock back and damage works at various % ranges.

But what I love most about Lucy is his jab>grab combo set ups. Aura Sphere I love for how you can mix up charges. If you ever watch my YT vids of my Lucario, I'm charging AS at different intervals and never really full charge it alot during my matches.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Looking to do anubis this weekend with a buddy and I wanted to know if there is anything different I should do for that. Like should I throw the bad guys away from mk or to him, rely on him to not get himself in trouble? I usually play ddd in dubs so I want to know what differently I should do

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Tossing the opponent to your teammate is generally preferable, since it's basically a free followup. It really depends on how reliable you think your teammate is. MK is a character that is very capable of getting in and out, while staying safe. Just make sure you guys are on the same wavelength, and you'll be fine. The biggest thing with any team is having a partner that knows what you're going to do in certain situations, so they're able to assist accordingly.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Looking to do anubis this weekend with a buddy and I wanted to know if there is anything different I should do for that. Like should I throw the bad guys away from mk or to him, rely on him to not get himself in trouble? I usually play ddd in dubs so I want to know what differently I should do

Make sure your teammate can handle being double teamed also. You have to do all of the things you just asked about. The annubis strategy is one of the most dynamic strategies in the game. You always have to be adapting.

Muffinnzz

Smash Rookie
this is for both Trela and DD sorry to ask these dumb questions lol. But

1.im actually pretty new to SSBB and was going to get SSB4 and was going to main lucario looking to get into tourneys assuming lucario was in there. what do you suggest i do to start getting better because it seems no matter what i do i always seem to stay around a skill level of 3-4 out of 10

2. do you believe hard work and practice will prevail over everything and i will achieve my goal?

3. i have lots of trouble not running right into enemys attacks and im very impatient, any tips to help me overcome that?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
this is for both Trela and DD sorry to ask these dumb questions lol. But

1.im actually pretty new to SSBB and was going to get SSB4 and was going to main lucario looking to get into tourneys assuming lucario was in there. what do you suggest i do to start getting better because it seems no matter what i do i always seem to stay around a skill level of 3-4 out of 10

2. do you believe hard work and practice will prevail over everything and i will achieve my goal?

3. i have lots of trouble not running right into enemys attacks and im very impatient, any tips to help me overcome that?
1. Get SSB4 anyway, and try to find some tournaments or smashfests near your area or around it and grind as many matches as possible so you can get use to other player habits and match ups.

2. Yes I strongly do, in response to the final part in question one. Work on your basics, then improve on doing them swiftly and smoothly. Don't try to do too much at once, it'll come to you but just keep pushing harder and harder everyday.

3. Running into them? Stop that ****. If you're shielding too much, stop shielding so much, you rolling too much, start to run away or towards them. You tripping too much, kill Sakurai. Attacking the shield too much, grab that shield then.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I feel like if I get good with lucario I will quit the game. Every good lucario has eventually seriously quit the game/ character. Azen, lee martin, jeepy sol, junebug(he play falco now and is barely active), and now trela.
Edit:
Well I hope your life aspirations get accomplished. You defiantly learned how to achieve a goal now you just have to achieve more. If possible try to still be active in texas in some way. Just stop by tournaments play some friendlies. That is what I found myself doing since I am in college with little money. I enter things on occasion, but nothing like I use to.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
tis a sad day.

although, i'd be lying if i said i didn't go through the same reasoning.

but it was fun, playing with ya, discussing our miscellaneous tourney experiences, talking bout matchups, talking bout random jank, etc. you were the only peer in a dying breed for a long time. of course, you're much much more than an equal now. you are teh bestest. it was fun seeing you improve at an exponential rate. you know you've played for too long when you remember ALL the old lucarios and what they led up to. all the old champs. sigh. i wonder who will wear the crown now.

the only reason i came out from the shadows is because a little birdie told me you were quitting. and i just had to say goodbye.

so i'll see ya around bud. have fun with whatever you choose to do.

*slips back into the darkness*

Trela

Smash Lord
It was great while it lasted, Junebug! I still miss talking with all of you guys while you were all still around....

Thanks for everything, though! Hope to see you around, too!

Oh, and thanks for being supportive Ryukario/hichez/BlueZelda :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Good luck getting a job Trela, glad you're putting that and personal stuff first over Brawl, it really is more important, I also know the feeling. Wisconsin Brawl is near dead, but if it weren't for Illinois I might have quit too.

You got your goals and became the best of the best at this character. It was at least great seeing ya at APEX and at WHOBO 4. Maybe if I'm doing smash 4 I'll see ya again.

My turn to step up with this character then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela, you never answered my questions in this thread.

I hate you even more.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I listen to almost all of those bands on this list, haha! Pierce The Veil's my favorite band on here along with Bring Me The Horizon, Breathe Carolina and A Day To Remember. If you want to know what my absolute favorite bands are, though, they're Sleeping With Sirens, I See Stars, Pierce The Veil and Asking Alexandria.

But anyways, I'll check out those bands that I've never heard of sometime. Scary Kids Scaring Kids sounds funny lol.

:)
omg i just barely saw this
you're ****ing awesome
ADTR 4 life
don't quit yet mang
we have to meet again
and chill

Thorizard

Smash Rookie
I miss you Trela! You're the coolest Lucario! I was wondering how come you made an appearance last year after you retired? It gave me hope that you were gonna make a comeback, but I know you have personal stuff going on, and I hope you can get it taken care of. God bless.

Top Bottom