• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask Trela/Disciple anything thread

Trela

Smash Lord
Now that there are quite a bit of questions to answer, I'll go ahead and get right to them! Once this thread starts picking up more activity, though, I'll begin answering any questions that pop up as soon as I can. In the meantime....

Why is Twilight Sparkle Trela's favorite poni?

Where do you guys see Lucario in the next tier list?
I personally see him in the same spot again at number ten. We already have MK at the top of the list, and the other top four characters are widely agreed upon to be between Diddy/Snake/ICs/Olimar. After that comes the next four left over, which is Falco/Marth/Wario/Pikachu. If Lucario does move on this next Tier List, I believe it's only going to be down. He could be put anywhere with D3/ZSS/G&W, I'm not sure.

I really am starting to think that this is as high our character can go on the Tier List, though. I mean, I don't know how we're supposed to challenge the current Top Tier characters and their spots at all. It's going to take a drastic change in the metagame for something like that to happen for us. But hey, you never know, right? We can only hope for the best :)

oh god, cheesy question but its gotta be asked. What made you choose and stick with lucario as your main? Both of ya~
I've always mained Lucario since the beginning of Brawl's release, but there have been times where I've actually used another character in a tournament set before. There was also a time when I considered dropping Lucario altogether for MK. In the end, I promised myself that no matter how hard this road would end up being for me, I would never again consider giving up on my character, or myself for that matter. The truth is, I'm just too prideful to give up Lucario for anyone else. After all....

This is who I am.

Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this game?

Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this character?

Do you like 1 stock matches?
I don't know what to think about it, honestly. I've never even done a one stock match before, for one thing, and from just the sound of it alone, it doesn't come off as that appealing to me. Where did this idea even come up in the first place? Did it have something to do with the Japanese and how they influenced us with their different metagame?

One thing I do know, though, is that it would definitely be a good thing for Lucario lol. Not having to worry about stock deficits for once would not only help Lucario gain his aura faster, but it would also help clear out the thought of worrying about your aura. Then again, it IS a ONE STOCK MATCH lol. It only takes one whole life to lose the entire match for yourself, and I'm PRETTY SURE that it can get a little nerve-wrecking for both you and your opponent.

Do you feel playing CPUs while treating them as actual players is a valid form of practice if you lack human opponents and rather not deal with wifi?
It can be pretty useful, yes, but I would recommend playing Wi-Fi more so than just practicing against CPUs your entire life lol. You can always learn something new by playing another player, no matter what keeps the both of you from playing your very best, like lag, in this case. People say that playing Wi-Fi helps with match-up inexperience, and I would also have to agree with this. I remember when Pj forced got me into playing Wi-Fi again with him on the AiB Doubles Ladder, and after we had lost in the Winner's Bracket of the Playoffs, I wanted to make sure that I didn't let that happen again in Loser's, so I asked Mekos to practice on Wi-Fi with me. Mekos is someone who you can definitely trust when it comes to always trying your best, and thanks to him, I feel like I really know the Lucas MU now. Just watch how your opponents react to different situations, or better yet, how the characters THEMSELF react. Trust me, you'll learn a lot!

What do you guys think lucario's strongest zone is?
Funny that you brought this up when I was actually just reading this really good thread made my Deltacod. It's about this thing called Burst Range, and I think it's the perfect definition for what you're trying to desribe to us, Flamey. Here, check it out for yourself, and everyone else while you're at it!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317800

Anyways, back to the question, after reading that thread, I'd have to agree with Disciple on this one. Our Burst Range isn't all that great compared to most characters, thus leaving us to only play a waiting and baiting game against them. I feel that we have much more control in the air, though, then we do on the ground. Now I'm not saying that his Fsmash and his Aura Spheres are useless when it comes to spacing correctly, but Lucario can keep a nice lead on him whenever he's just jumping around and reacting to whatever his opponent does. And of course, I wouldn't recommend trying this against a character like MK lol. You wouldn't want to set yourself up for a gimp, now would you?

Trela...OOOOOOOOOOoooooooh.
Good question.

what things that would help Lucario players are a lot of players not implementing or practicing?
Ftilt and throws. Ftilt is such a wonderful baiting tool and is great for stopping general approaches towards you. As for throws, I think that Lucario players need to learn how to use them better. Throws are our best way of adding damage onto the enemy whenever we are short on aura. Uthrow and Dthrow have some nice set-ups to go along with each other, too. Uthrow works great with Utilt at low percents and Dthrow creates opportunities for you to set up some frame traps with your aerials. I guess the main point I'm trying to get across here is to make the most out of everything you possibly can. Every little bit of damage counts!

what sort of technical concepts should more players be implementing?
Aura Sphere Charge. Need I say more? Lol

Trela you were quiet during apex, what ya think of me?
I only saw you for about five minutes at MOST, so I dunno what to say about you lol. You seemed like a nice guy, though, and I wish we could of talked more. It's always nice talking with other Lucario mains, especially the ones that hang around these here boards :)

What exactly is that avatar, Trela?
Spitfire from MLP. Does my avatar make it hard to tell or something? I don't think you were the first to ask me this question lol.

Trela: Same question as Ryu
You remind me so much of RT! You've GOTTA come down to Houston this August for WHOBO! I know you'll love it!

Both of you: How the **** do I play Wario? He's like a fat leaf dancing in the wind but he hits like a truck and poopies all over my shield.
Disciple gave a pretty good answer for this one, but to emphasize on the "lingering hitboxes" part, use your aerials against him. I think Fair is an underrated move in this MU when using it to keep him away from you, like I mentioned earlier to Flamey. Basically, you should focus on just poking at Wario and not doing anything reckless that will leave you open for a punish.

Do you have any sort of interest in other competitive games right now?
UMvC3, of course lol. Some of our players in Houston have picked it up recently and practice with each other every now and then, and once I get the time and the money to, I'm most likely going to buy a copy of the game, too.

Any Games of not competitive variety that you guys wanna play soon?
Everything on the 3DS lol, ESPECIALLY the new Kingdom Hearts game.

SOON

How do I beat kirby?
Don't get hit
by his Bair

In all honesty, I'm not sure what I could tell you about this MU lol. I'm not proficient in any of the Mid Tier characters except for Sonic and Peach :(

I've noticed I become easily nervous, and it really makes even simple playing difficult at times. I'm starting to think I only do well against completely predictable people or people I play often, because good players or even new people, regardless of how well I can figure their playstyle, shake me up and prevent me from capitalizing on their mistakes or I die to silly stuff. How does one avoid this or cope with it?
Once again, Disciple hit this one perfectly for me!

Think of a way you can make the situation more comfortable for you. Like Disciple said, play the opponent as if you were playing against your friends. And if that doesn't help, think of something that makes you feel better about yourself, like a happy thought (in Disciples case lol) or a reminder of a goal you are trying to reach when playing this game. It's also always a reassuring thing to know that all of my friends and family are back home, cheering me on all the way though towards the very end. If you have any trouble remembering these kinds of things, though, then I recommend getting something that will help you remember, or even have your favorite songs do it for you whenever you give them a listen. I always wanted to buy myself a necklace so that everytime I looked at it, I remembered why I was even there in the first place and what I was aiming for. There's many other ways to help calm those nerves of yours before you go OoS or before you play someone else that you're not familiar with. Whichever one works for you best, Phil!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I may play them, but I don't know the terms that well. What you talking about Flamey?
Let me set up an uMvC example I guess.

Lets say you're pressuring as... lets say for the sake of example Iron Fist [Rekka Characters always so easy to understand this concept with]

Lets ignore high/low for now and assume that your opponent blocks your **** right like all the time.

But he's a mashy child.

Not even with legit reversals either he'll just stick out 2A or random sweep and it stuffs you at the end of your string.

Stagger pressure is leaving a small gap in your cancel strings just enough so if they stop blocking or start pressing buttons they get hit by the next move in your pressure string.

Sorta like a frame trap. but you also have the option to force respect by just pushing on with airtight blockstrings.

So instead of just mashing out xxx 5B 236A 214A [random ender]

It'd be like xxx.. 5B....... 236A .... 214A.... so and so forth

Which opens up silly **** like

5B.... 236A [they're waiting for staggered 214A].. 236C

[This is mostly an example rather than something practical in this game though, I don't believe this game has a counterhit state worth mentioning and you have a million way other ways of opening up people.]

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I know you play other fighters D

How does the idea of stagger pressure translate to this game
It barely does. Like the little bit we have is nice, but I honestly wish we had at least half of what other fighting games had or even in Melee. The falling lag is nice, so are certain option selects, but honestly if we had a few more frames it could change the metagame drastically especially for Lucario.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Edit: All of these questions are for Trela btw.

Why are you so much more fun to watch than Junebug?
Why is it that whenever I watch you play, I think "OMG LUCARIO IS SO ****ING GOOD I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY HIM" but whenever I try to play Lucario, I hate him?
Are you coming to IMPULSE? :D
Do you get a lot of ZSS practice against Dakpo, Bio, Shlike and YbM? If so, what do you think of the MU?
Who would you play if you dropped Lucario? (Don't drop Lucario btw)
WAS YOUR SET AGAINST LEON (at Apex) RECORDED?!

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
I'd like to hear both of your opinions on B-sticking in general.
Advantages/disadvantages, techniques, and an assessment of popularity among top Lucario mains

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Trela do you like any of these bands?
if so some of your favorites?

A Day To Remember
Alesana
Bring Me The Horizon
Billy The Kid
D.R.U.G.S
Chiodos
We Came As Romans
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Breathe Carolina
The Devil Wears Prada
Escape The Fate
Hawthorne Heights
Black Veil Brides
Pierce The Veil
A Skylit Drive
Of Mice And Men

culexus・wau

Trela and Ddisciple

How do you punish a short hop nado?

its about the spacing where fsmash will whiff on it because its above it.

Usually I shield it and then they'll get away to a space where they'll get to play 50/50 sidestep/shield
on dashgrab/dash attack

or I'll drop the punish completely.

Right now the only answer I've got is to read the nado in the footsies game and shoot/trade with aurasphere or double team... but its kinda risky.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
@trela: Character loyalty?! **** yea! *highfive*
I respect anyone that sticks to there character to the bitter end~ <3

So~
Dear more experienced lucario's
How the **** do you deal with snakes bull ****? Closing in on him without eating 10+ percents incredibly difficult. That and finding and oppurtunity to kill snake outside of back airing his recovery is difficult as well. Its really discouraging knowing he can take your stock with a u-tilt around the 100's while he can live forever.

Maybe i'm just very inexperienced with the match up, but it feels like one of the tougher -1s.

Trela

Smash Lord
Why are you so much more fun to watch than Junebug?
Lol I'm glad to hear that people still enjoy watching me play. I've recently been trying to slow down my game and play more defensively, but I guessing it's mostly because of the way I use his Aura Sphere Charge (ASC) to do certain things. I looked into ASC for that specific reason, actually, to make this character more fun to play for myself. That and watching the other top Lucarios at the time wasn't all that, umm, APPEALING, or INTERESTING, for me to watch. They just really knew their basics and only went from there, which I always believed was the reason that we weren't (and still aren't) placing as high as we have been aiming for.

Why is it that whenever I watch you play, I think "OMG LUCARIO IS SO ****ING GOOD I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY HIM" but whenever I try to play Lucario, I hate him?
It's all about execution and control of your character. People have always had a problem playing Lucario at the lower levels of competition, and I believe that's because they don't put enough time into actually practicing him compared to most other characters. Everyone has always had this notion that all Lucario can do is roll and Fsmash, and that's not true at all. There's so much more you can do with this character if you just put the time into him. The same can be said about every other character that's not high tier or top tier, too, but the truth is, Lucario IS a high tier character. He just has a higher learning curve than most other characters in the higher tiers, that's all.

I used to sit in training mode for hours almost every single day and practice putting together different types of combos and set-ups that I could use and also practice getting my B-sticking down. Every little mistake you make in a match costs you something in the end, and that's something that I've always played by. Of course, don't go overboard with your tech skill and start trying to show off in front of everyone when you could be punishing the opponent for their mistakes lol. There's a time and place for everything.

Are you coming to IMPULSE? :D
That's actually something I'm trying to figure out right now. I was talking to Tin Man about it not too long ago, and it turns out that IMPULSE is only two weeks apart from SKTAR, so I don't think it would be TOO much of a hassle to go to Canada and then either stay with someone there or go back with someone to the EC and hang out with everyone there unil SKTAR comes around.

The thing that's REALLY gonna help me out, too, are these here donations that people were so kind to give me and the promised free entry into all events at IMPULSE for getting top 2 at this past HOBO. Right now, I'm looking to see if there are any other TX players that would be interested in going with me, and after that, I'll try and figure out my housing situation during that two week break inbetween the two tournaments. It shouldn't be too long until I have confirmation, though, on all of this.

Do you get a lot of ZSS practice against Dakpo, Bio, Shlike and YbM? If so, what do you think of the MU?
Not necessarily, no. The last time I played a ZSS in a tournament set was with Bio last year lol. I've always thought that the MU was in Lucario's favor, though, due to his ability to gimp her better than she can gimp him, and the fact that ZSS has a little bit of trouble dealing with characters who have to rely on their shields a lot, which Lucario kind of does.

Who would you play if you dropped Lucario? (Don't drop Lucario btw)
Only if he got banned, haha. If it were to ever happen, though, I'd play Marth/Fox/Sheik.

WAS YOUR SET AGAINST LEON (at Apex) RECORDED?!
I still don't know if it was or not, either. I remember there being a laptop next to the TV that we were playing on, but even if it was recorded, it would of been put up online by now....

Advantages/disadvantages, techniques, and an assessment of popularity among top Lucario mains
It's our most underrated option. With B-sticking, you can avoid being gimped and juggled, and combined with the properties of ASC, we have many more mix-up options to use at our disposal whenever we're too up-close to our opponent, if you know what I mean. I could go on and explain more about it in-detail, but I think that all of my videos speak enough for themselves. Just watch how I use it in all of these different situations that I put myself in and you'll see!

if I take a train to whobo 4 can I get housing from texas?
I'm sure you'd be able to, yeah. Better start asking around, if I were you!

So DD, Trela; you think D3 is harder than Snake now?
I don't think I'm one to say, really. I mean, what D3's do I ever play against? Lol

I would assume that D3 WOULD be harder, though, just for the sole reason because he can get a LOT more out of his punishes than Snake can.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Trela will you come to AUS have a Lucario team with me and straight carry me to to victory? :bee:

Trela do you like any of these bands?
if so some of your favorites?

A Day To Remember
Alesana
Bring Me The Horizon
Billy The Kid
D.R.U.G.S
Chiodos
We Came As Romans
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Breathe Carolina
The Devil Wears Prada
Escape The Fate
Hawthorne Heights
Black Veil Brides
Pierce The Veil
A Skylit Drive
Of Mice And Men
I listen to almost all of those bands on this list, haha! Pierce The Veil's my favorite band on here along with Bring Me The Horizon, Breathe Carolina and A Day To Remember. If you want to know what my absolute favorite bands are, though, they're Sleeping With Sirens, I See Stars, Pierce The Veil and Asking Alexandria.

But anyways, I'll check out those bands that I've never heard of sometime. Scary Kids Scaring Kids sounds funny lol.

Trela and Ddisciple

Usually I shield it and then they'll get away to a space where they'll get to play 50/50 sidestep/shield
on dashgrab/dash attack

Right now the only answer I've got is to read the nado in the footsies game and shoot/trade with aurasphere or double team... but its kinda risky.
If you're looking to punish the actual Tornado BEFORE it hits you, then yeah, Aura Sphere's the only thing that's gonna be able to put a stop to it. To correctly punish a Tornado AFTER it hits you, though, you have to figure out the patten in the Tornado itself. Does the MK like to appear BEHIND you after he finishes his Tornado, or does he like to space himself AWAY from you? I believe those two things will temendously help you when trying to punish a Tornado. If you predict one of them correctly before it happens, it'll give you much more time to react to it for you to get your punish in.

Predict first, react second!

After playing dittos with IceDX, I have one question.

Why the hell is Lucario so hard to hit in the ditto?

So~
How the **** do you deal with snakes bull ****? Closing in on him without eating 10+ percents incredibly difficult. That and finding and oppurtunity to kill snake outside of back airing his recovery is difficult as well. Its really discouraging knowing he can take your stock with a u-tilt around the 100's while he can live forever.

Maybe i'm just very inexperienced with the match up, but it feels like one of the tougher -1s.
It can definitely be a tough MU, yeah, but once you figure out how to deal with his ground game, it gets MUCH easier, I promise you! It's all about spacing yourself correctly from his Tilts and Dash Attacks, and in order to do that, you have to know which one the Snake is looking to punish with in the situation given. I believe that my recent set with Razer shows a really good example of what I'm talking about here. Just watch how I go about dealing with his ground game and watch how the Snake reacts to my spacing on the matter.

As for the killing thing, don't let it get to you like that! This game's all about keeping the lead from your opponent, believe it or not. There's no need to force the kill whenever you have the lead. I understand that it can get frustrating at times, yes, but always remember that there is a time limit on the screen, and when that time limit stops, the player who has the lead in the end will win the match. Now I'm not saying that you need to run away from your opponent the ENITRE time lol, but just remember to always take your time when dealing with these kinds of things. That kill will come eventually!

Sorry if it took me too long to answer all of these questions, everybody. I'm trying my best to take my time on each question and answer to the best of my ability given all of the free time I actually have, though I probably need to go into more detail on some of this stuff lol. I think I have trouble answering questions that pretain to certain MUs, as there are a LOT of MUs that I just simply do not know. I guess that's why I have Disciple helping me out, though, right? :)

Trela

Smash Lord
Oh, well would you look at that! There it is! I should of searched for it one last time before I answered that question lol.

But anyways, thanks for showing us, clowsui!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I'm a happy nephew now. Time to answer some questions

if I take a train to whobo 4 can I get housing from texas?

trela question, obv.
I'll make sure you get housing anyway if you do end up going.

If you mean setting the c-stick to special I don't do that for the main reason that you lose stutter step fsmashes. You lose an easier way to airwalk, and momentum canceling as well when you get knocked back.

My favorite technique is broversaling, absolutely love it.

So DD, Trela; you think D3 is harder than Snake now?
I still don't think he's harder than Snake, more annoying that Snake yes.

Trela and Ddisciple

on dashgrab/dash attack

Trela pretty much said what I wanted to say. However if you can read when they are gonna short hop nado, footstool the nado and then breverse or broverse a charging aura sphere to get ready to punish.

After playing dittos with IceDX, I have one question.

Why the hell is Lucario so hard to hit in the ditto?
Learn what moves beat what. Don't do the same move they just used.

@trela: Character loyalty?! **** yea! *highfive*
I respect anyone that sticks to there character to the bitter end~ <3

So~

Aura sphere, Aura Sphere, Aura Sphere! Baby Aura Spheres are amazing imo. I like to stay under snake as much as possible, also our utilt is sweet in this match up since it clings with a lot of his moves, especially ftilt.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Oh, well would you look at that! There it is! I should of searched for it one last time before I answered that question lol.

But anyways, thanks for showing us, clowsui!
Credit actually goes to Nike, he posted it in the Marth social

then again you've beat Nike so many times it'd be foolish to give him any credit :smirk:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah it's funny I actually went to youtube to watch your set against Ally (at WHOBO 3) again so I typed in 'trela ally' and then I got curious and start scrolling down to see what other singles sets from WHOBO 3 (if any) were there, and I somehow stumbled upon your set with Leon XD

And...Lucario gimping ZSS better than vice versa? O.o
I mean I don't think either character is really at a big disadvantage when offstage but... wot
I'll just have to MM you at IMPULSE (assuming you come of course) then :awesome:

$5 :zerosuitsamus:::lucario: no items Fox only Final Destination

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Either/both of you can answer this

What stages do you think benefit Lucario most? I know the 3 basics (FD, BF, SV) are all pretty Lucario friendly, but is there anything out of the ordinary you feel is a particularly strong CP for him? Also, stages you think universally hurt Lucario? Any personal favorites?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wtf, we can ask Trela questions here?

Trela, go to SA right now, I got the house for the weekend for epic smashfest

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was not in the form of a question.

-$2000

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Get out of here you filthy Marth main.

Trela...

Are you my god?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela, are you a derp? Maybe a derp de der? Or the rare herpy derpy der?

:phone:

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Two questions: Was there ever a point in playing lucario where you felt you were getting worse instead of better? If so what did you do? If no then what would you suggest?(this question is for both btw)

2. How do you deal with Lucario's power as in having your first stock taken so it makes it harder to take your opponents first stock?

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
So I play against a friend of mine quite a bit who mains Snake, and I've realized that he usually beats me due to his superior incorporation of spot-dodging and tilts. Those are the two facets of my close-range game that are lacking the most, and I was wondering if either of you could give me a few tips.

At what times during this MU is the Ftilt most useful? Should I be spot-dodging more often as opposed to rolling away from his tilts or power-shielding them? I feel like everyone on this thread is more experienced than me so feedback from anyone of any kind would be appreciated, but I really want to focus on the close-range game in this MU. I may be able to upload some videos near the beginning of the summer.

culexus・wau

If lucario was a mecha in super robot wars.

Would he be a super robot

or a real robot?

===
I'll make sure you get housing anyway if you do end up going.
And D I'm holding your word to that!

Gonna start a savings alongside my AX savings and re-access funds this july

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela,

Are you alert?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Ok I got a serious question (for once in my life).

This is for a Lucario that knows the Lucario vs DK match up VERY WELL.

Ok what is the best way to fight a DK user?

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
If you can pull it off, use Force Palm chain grab as early on each stock as possible for easy damage and psychological harm since it works so well on DK. You should be able to work in plenty of Dairs since his body is so tall. You can sometimes land three of them on his shield without being in danger of a grab. Not advisable if his shield is not weakened first, especially never with a Fair. In the air he is most vulnerable from the front, since both DK's Fair and Dair are extremely easy to read/avoid and almost impossible to connect with. This means he will try to RAR you and face you with his back as much as possible.

BEWARE THE BAIR AND NAIR!

On the ground he'll mostly try for grabs since they're his quickest option point blank with great range, but wiffing a dash grab will cost him so be sure to punish. In general though, stay away from him on the ground (obv). If you can bait him into a ground pound, punish with a few quick aerials or a FCAS to be safe. Its a difficult MU in regards to Lucario being such a good mid-range character yet unable to safely operate at that distance, but as long as you're not too aggressive, you should avoid running into his devastating smashes. My favorite KO is getting just outside his Ftilt range, baiting him with an Fsmash, and then countering his Dash with Dair or even a fresh Double Team.

Space with plenty of Bair and keep your distance. Don't be afraid to challenge his recovery move with a well-placed Dair to the head, but in other situations remember that his Dsmash may connect if your Dair is not close enough from above. Never underestimate his reach or speed, and be sure to grab any attempts at a SH Bair on your shield. Watch out for the < 100% ledge-attack, its very fast and has great range. Shoot AS to prevent him from winding up DK Punch as much as possible, and if you have to Fair his shield at any point, make sure you follow through and land behind him to avoid grabs.

Hope this wasn't tmi, too obvious, or poorly-written. I kinda just typed out everything about the MU that I thought was important off the top of my head, lol.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I haven't been home in awhile, hence why I haven't replied back to any of the questions. (Lot of family issues)

When I'm home and have time to be on my comp I'll reply back.

TRELA GET ON THE BALL DURING MY ABSENCE

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Either/both of you can answer this

What stages do you think benefit Lucario most? I know the 3 basics (FD, BF, SV) are all pretty Lucario friendly, but is there anything out of the ordinary you feel is a particularly strong CP for him? Also, stages you think universally hurt Lucario? Any personal favorites?
PS1, Brinstar, Yoshi Island, Frigate come to mind. Mainly cause I like to move around and use everything to the stages as my advantage.

-Dair stalling on Yoshi's Island until the ghost pops up, the walls, the slants and platform.

- Using the objects on Brinstar to extend our hitboxes longer than usual. DTing through the acid and grabbing the edge. (Very hard to do, but fun.)

- The 0-50% we have on people on the fire stage under the tree (works at any aura) and the stage itself.

I personally like stages with a lot of space.

My personal favorite stages are SV, PS1 and YI

Stages that hurt Lucario

- Delfino, Halberd, RC.

Two questions: Was there ever a point in playing lucario where you felt you were getting worse instead of better? If so what did you do? If no then what would you suggest?(this question is for both btw)

2. How do you deal with Lucario's power as in having your first stock taken so it makes it harder to take your opponents first stock?

I play the same way, so it doesn't affect me. If you try to play base on your aura, then you're gonna have a hard time winning your matches. Like if you're at high percent you're gonna play extremely safe regardless of which character you are. However, our opponents are gonna be more cautious of approaching us because we're Lucario.

So if you have a strong playing style with Lucario, you can throw them off by killing them quickly after you die. You have to make them realize that Lucario can still kill you with or without aura. If you don't get that through their head they are gonna roll right through you.

So I play against a friend of mine quite a bit who mains Snake, and I've realized that he usually beats me due to his superior incorporation of spot-dodging and tilts. Those are the two facets of my close-range game that are lacking the most, and I was wondering if either of you could give me a few tips.

At what times during this MU is the Ftilt most useful? Should I be spot-dodging more often as opposed to rolling away from his tilts or power-shielding them? I feel like everyone on this thread is more experienced than me so feedback from anyone of any kind would be appreciated, but I really want to focus on the close-range game in this MU. I may be able to upload some videos near the beginning of the summer.
If you're in close against a snake. You're probably trying to hit him with an aerial that whiffed, or a smash attack that whiffed. If that's the case, stop it right now. Stay on the ground, read the spotdodge and get your shield ready. If he attacks your shield your next move is to utilt out of shield, if there is a bomb on the ground, roll away and reset the position. Use BAS, weave around snake.

Utilt clanks with Snake's ftilt, and our ftilt stops his utilt but the 2nd hit doesn't come out. You have enough time to throw a shield up before snake can react with another move. Throw it up, then punish with an aerial walk dair or fair if you're fast enough. (Yes we get momentum with fair too.

Grab snake, dthrow him, bthrow, uthrow or fthrow him. Whatever that can get him into the air, the moment he's in the air. Thinking like you're playing 21 and don't let him land.

If lucario was a mecha in super robot wars.

Would he be a super robot

or a real robot?

===

And D I'm holding your word to that!

Gonna start a savings alongside my AX savings and re-access funds this july
I'm a PM Sync, and Lucario would be a super robot.

Ok I got a serious question (for once in my life).

This is for a Lucario that knows the Lucario vs DK match up VERY WELL.

Ok what is the best way to fight a DK user?
Tilt that *****, don't roll EVER!

Same with Snake, but with a bit more respect. He's got some speed on us, but it's easier to punish his attacks than Snake's.

Our tilts **** him, we can combo him and if he tries to copter away or into us we have aura sphere and fsmash to stop that. If you're ballzy you can force palm him too. (Thank you Flamey)

Tilts, Aura Spheres, throws and gimps help us out in this match up really well.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
- Using the objects on Brinstar to extend our hitboxes longer than usual. DTing through the acid and grabbing the edge. (Very hard to do, but fun.)
What does Dting and grabing the edge have to do anything? Can I do this on any other legal or nonlegal stage? Video?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Stalling for a bit, cause of your invincibility frames, from grabbing the edge to activating double team back to the edge or onto stage as the acid lowers. It was something I did when I was bored.

Top Bottom