• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I put the info about the smashfest tomorrow into the OP. Chances are I won't be able to make it, but I will try :-)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.

Sorry 'bout my absence lately. This last month has been really insane for me and I haven't had time to do like anything. I get the feeling that other people have been crazy busy as well. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can resume regular smashfests and so forth :-)

If there's an event going on and I haven't put it up here, someone text me at (480) 292-1619 and I'll get it up ASAP and try to make it.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Been a while for me too!

We should do something on the weekend of the 9th. Maybe a smashfest/BBQ combo or something?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright whose playing melee? Or brawl really. And who has Light and Darks number? And who is so down for playing this weekend? (you'd need to host)

Cuz I need to smash or I'm going to die. It's me and two other people, we aren't m2k status, but we're competition. So play us. NAO!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone texted me today asking about thursday night.

I'm not free until at least next weekend. My mom's flying in to visit with me and my wife this weekend.

I think Saturday the 9th is the first free time I'll have to play.
ya'll will have to show me what's new since the last time i played with you. It's been too too too long.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
that was me who texted you today. haha

so smash tomorrow? justin said that he would let me know if he can host tomorrow, if not, i can :) just text me or pm me if you need my address or something

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
that was me who texted you today. haha

so smash tomorrow? justin said that he would let me know if he can host tomorrow, if not, i can :) just text me or pm me if you need my address or something
ok cool, i saved your number in my phone so I won't forget who it is again.

I can't tonight. read above post.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST TONIGHT! 100% STARTING AT 7 OVER AT JUSTIN'S PLACE! HIT ME OR JUSTIN UP IF YOU WANNA COME AND GET YO @$$ WHOOPED! XD

/endcapslock

Starking

Smash Cadet
SMASHFEST TONIGHT! 100% STARTING AT 7 OVER AT JUSTIN'S PLACE! HIT ME OR JUSTIN UP IF YOU WANNA COME AND GET YO @$$ WHOOPED! XD

/endcapslock
You whoop my ***? Ha, but yea. Me and Mr. L will be most likely going down. Anyway it could start at like 6:30 or so? Kinda sucks that it happens to be a school night.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Where? I'm down if it's close enough. Gimme an address!

nvm. But if there is another smashfest comin up soon, holla!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
So that's what I get when I host a smashfest with a 30-minute heads-up :-)

Maybe next time I guess!

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
jard and i talked about starting small tournies at smash fests like just $1 or $2 entry and winner takes all cuz usually we get about 10 people to the smash fests we could have small tourney so we can all improve we could do some sort of round robin or something to get everybody playing each other and build upon or weaknesses and strengths with certain characters and match ups

and i mean its way better to do this instead of all the $1 random money matches most people do at the fests

ill let you guys know if i decide to have one this thursday night if we do this every week that would be some good improvement before genesis and devastation for us as a whole

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Alright whose playing melee? Or brawl really. And who has Light and Darks number? And who is so down for playing this weekend? (you'd need to host)

Cuz I need to smash or I'm going to die. It's me and two other people, we aren't m2k status, but we're competition. So play us. NAO!
Meow, where do you live? If you're close to me, you can come over whenever.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
jard and i talked about starting small tournies at smash fests like just $1 or $2 entry and winner takes all cuz usually we get about 10 people to the smash fests we could have small tourney so we can all improve we could do some sort of round robin or something to get everybody playing each other and build upon or weaknesses and strengths with certain characters and match ups

and i mean its way better to do this instead of all the $1 random money matches most people do at the fests

ill let you guys know if i decide to have one this thursday night if we do this every week that would be some good improvement before genesis and devastation for us as a whole
hell ya man! that sounds effin perfect! count me in for that

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Meow, where do you live? If you're close to me, you can come over whenever.
I live at McKellips and Ironwood. It's in Apache Junction, but if you are within like a 15 minute go I can come and smash. Where you located at?

Roark

Smash Rookie
NNID
xRoark
Hey Guys

Just to let you guys know, me and my friends are hosting a brawl tourney at ASU on Saturday, May 9 At 5pm. So Far, we have 6 people for the tourney. If you guys any questions, just PM. I want to make this a good tourney! :lick:

Roark

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Just to let you guys know, me and my friends are hosting a brawl tourney at ASU on Saturday, May 9 At 5pm. So Far, we have 6 people for the tourney. If you guys any questions, just PM. I want to make this a good tourney! :lick:

Roark
man i wish i would have known about this in time free money ;_;

Roark

Smash Rookie
NNID
xRoark
Saturday at 5pm?
Where?

It is on Saturday, 5 PM. At Best Hall at ASU (1215 Forrest Ave.) Once we get the room and other stuff, i will make signs to show you where to go once you are outside of Best -OR- I will be outside to show you the way.

What are the rules? 1vs1?

Its a one on one tournament. If requested, we may do team battles.

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
3. Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
4. The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
1. Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect.
5. The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

Neutral Stages? Counter picks?
Neutral

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island

Neutral/Counter-pick

* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
* Delfino Plaza

Counter-pick

* Brinstar (Melee)
* Frigate Orpheon
* Pirate Ship
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Castle Siege
*Jungle Japes (Melee)
* PictoChat

What's legal/illegal?

* Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser using his Flying Slam and the game goes to Sudden Death, the Sudden Death is ignored and Bowser is declared the winner.
* Stalling is banned.
o Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.

Entry fee?

No Entry Fee (If majority rules and a entry fee is wanted (to have a cash prize for the winner, the entry fee will be $3). Future tournaments will have a small entry fee.

Roark

Smash Rookie
NNID
xRoark
haha, know how you feel :/

i might end up going tho :)

hey roark, can you make entry fee like 5 bucks or something? if not, i don't think ill end up going XD
if everyone else is ok with that, then yes. i'll let you know by the end of today

Top Bottom