• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
you would have to beat my wolf i used to main him when brawl first came out ;D

and i might be able to make it to the smash fest tomorrow i think im going to wait on my smash fest tournies once everybody is out of school and such so we can get a good amount of people coming

somebody want to give me a ride to the smash fest tomorrow <3

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Tonight im bringing 4 games to the fest. Super smash bros. brawl, Super smash bros. melee, brawl+, and super smash bros. 64 with hack gamecube controls. yup i said it SSB64 playability with the game cube controller.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at Yan's tonight. Should be really fun! I want to Brawl more often and get into brawl+! I hope to play everyone tonight :)

Also Vegas does something that was extremely fun and I think we should adopt it: Random doubles on banned stages only. Pick your partner and everyone has to pick random character, and the only stages allowed are banned stages. The tournament would be free and for fun. I absolutely had a blast! What do you guys think?

Also tonight I want some Snake vs DDD, MK, Marth, and everyone practice.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah dook we did something like that in the midwest a lot too. all stages on random, all characters random, but we did partners random too, and each team got 1 mulligan per set. Good times. Me and NeedleOfJuntah were undefeated until we ran into Joshu and Sliq in the finals.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Playing random like this will be good for my shredded and mangled self-esteem, seeing as I haven't had live competition since...december at the atomic comics tournament...wow, that's been way too long!

I've been playing online twice a week with my brothers but they're on east coast, and the lag is a bit much. I'm just hoping I don't get molly-wopped.

yeah, i said molly-wopped. what's up?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
nah i'll probably pass on the MM right now haha.

let me get back into a flow here and we'll get some in soon. i think you beat me last MM we did and you've been playing more than me since then...

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
nah i'll probably pass on the MM right now haha.

let me get back into a flow here and we'll get some in soon. i think you beat me last MM we did and you've been playing more than me since then...
haha ya... that was soooooooooooooooooooo long ago. haha can't wait for tonight :)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I am always down to play some 64. I think 64 controllers would work better than GC controllers. Double jump cancelling would be weird. But hey, let's still try it out!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Omg the fest was sooo **** fun. I cant belive I ended up getting second in the tourny. And I really cant believe I acctually won the match with Ganon vs. Meta against justin but then I got two stocked when i switched to pit against his meta lol. We should do doubles next time even do tournies on melee and even 64 version. Oh man We need more of these fests this summer and have all nighters. soo **** fun.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
^^ What he said. More all nighters, more smash fests, more tournaments. =D

But yeah, this **** was good. I'll start going to these more often. So that means its summer school for me! =P

It was good to finally be able to play Smash again. Thanks Yan!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that was totally awesome. Thanks for coming, guys!

For posterity, we should have the final tally:

- 6 setups (4 Brawl, 1 Melee, 1 64)
- 16 unique individuals (I think?)
- 7 hours of Smash (!)

Good times! I'm gonna try to host next Thursday as well. Gotta make sure I got nothing going on that night.

Also, someone left their sunglasses at my place. Someone else may have left a DS charger. :-)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
That was a really really fun tournament! Let me know when the next one is. I will almost always come to these. I need to work more on my Snake though! Thanks Yan! GGs everyone let's play again soon! Also I am sooo down for a 64 tournament!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
There was this girl that randomly sent me a message on aib a week ago. On aib Her name is nana zombie. I think shes new to local tournaments and what not. She said she just messaged me just because i live in her area so I invited her to yan's house but she wasnt able to make it. She may come next time it says she mains lucas. After looking at her wins on aib and comments on aib she looks tough. Anyone even herd of nana zombie before?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
ya, she messaged me on aib before to, i invited her to a couple smash fest but she always had some kind excuse. lol

@chris, you are my rival fyi :)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
5am, dang....

I managed to get to work at like 11... I love flexible hours :-)

So far next Thursday looks like it's gonna work. I'm rearranging my living room into what I hope will be able to comfortably fit 8 setups. We shall see :-). I'll also get a Smash 64 cartridge for my N64, so we can have the authentic experience with that.

If Justin wants to run another tourney, I'll set up the HDTV on the kitchen counter so we can all see the brackets clearly and such. That could be pretty cool, I think.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I think I'm getting a little better with the Peach match up with Sonic. Now I need to work on my Snakes. Hopefully I will get to play Dook/Justin/Chris Snakes next time. I need some mad training before devastation. No way am I even close to ready for that right now.

Awesome CF dittos Dook. We need to do that **** again.

EDIT: Denny's any time is not amazing. =P

Oh and Marth i need to get better against Marth. I CHALLENGE YOU DUFFY!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
cool yan maybe we can have some money buy ins next time for tournies as well and ill be sure to come next time to money match people

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
ggs ya'll.

wish i hadn't suicided against steve-o's mario twice in 2 games, but it's cool.

next thursday? I might be down.

Starking

Smash Cadet
Anyway you guys could get one setup on Friday or something? The only day I can have a ride there and back, really need to start smashing with people again.

Top Bottom