• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Eh, it's too bad I didn't get to fight korn or atomsk again this year, but...I really hate Brawl most of the time, so hey. :p

Clearing stations is fun enough anyway. GGs to all D:

Who won the 1v1s btw?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Eh, it's too bad I didn't get to fight korn or atomsk again this year, but...I really hate Brawl most of the time, so hey. :p

Clearing stations is fun enough anyway. GGs to all D:

Who won the 1v1s btw?
Cafe won singles. TheTantalus got second.

Also why didn't you just friendly Trevor or Cafe during the free play time?

I teamed with Trevor for like an hour and a half till he left to get ready for the rave.

Lobos

Smash Master
No pics from me this year.....I think I took enough cosplay pics in the previous years. Anyways it was fun.....NKB sucks the ****

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Otakon was mad epic. I ***** Metaknight in brawl which made me laugh mad hard. (I don't even play Brawl, lol) Did some damage in Melee, too.

D1 and I got an award at the Masquerade. ^_^ Shout outs to D1 for being amazing.

3 different concerts....get at Home Made Kazoku if you haven't.

I also made off like a bandit with some anime. I think I gave a foot massage or two as well, lol. My room had it poppin' with some old school gaming, too. God I love cons!!!

Makes me sad I didn't get to chill with more smashers, but I was pretty busy while I was there.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Good seeing everyone I saw. I got my money's worth this year (I didn't pay anything and live like fifteen minutes away xD).

I saw: Chival (and his brother, whose Peach kept whooping my *** in teams LOL), D1, Thumbs, Skins, CK, Korn, Teczero, Vist, P~S, Atomsk, Slikvik, Alex Strife (for a minute lol), Crismas (for a second lol), Philip, Okin, Yo, Candy, Bonk, Sovaman. Sure I forgot some people. Chilled with Frozen, Nightmare Korn Kid, and DOSV throughout the weekend (didn't drink so much as I got utterly destroyed by greenery instead).

FYI the moment I saw Okin, I carried him on my back along with my huge domo-kun from the registration booths all the way to the escalators on the left while running and screaming Tree of Might. Then he sat on my shoulders at the Melee tv and we played teams.

~rh

Smash Lord
According to the Masquerade rules, yes. I'd be very sad if it wasn't. Granted...I think someone probably recorded it from the crowd, xD.
Which was yours? The one with the ragequitting and the "connection dropped" SFIV message?

~rh

Smash Lord
the only way I'm going to AUSA this year is if someone has a room!! for an awesome split price!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
NY Comic Con/NYAF is this weekend :D I'm actually looking forward to it since it's two cons in one.

Woo!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Anyone know if anything's going down tournament-wise at Youmacon (Detroit, MI) at the end of this month? I won the Melee tournament there last year, so clearly no one good was there.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So yeah, NYAF/Comic-con in 2 days,
in Manhattan, NYC, no less.

Got my ticket and stuff, it's gonna be AMAZING.
Gundam 00 Movie FTW.

~rh

Smash Lord
AUSA NEXT WEEK!

i guess i'll be going, AUSA is always a fun con. one of my friends is going to be a maid this year so i can't wait to see her in a maid outfit -whew lawd-

whos down to meet up/go out to lunch/playSF/Melty/Melee/WHATEVER

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
AUSA NEXT WEEK!

i guess i'll be going, AUSA is always a fun con. one of my friends is going to be a maid this year so i can't wait to see her in a maid outfit -whew lawd-

Mmmmm meido..

Pictars.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
AUSA NEXT WEEK!

I'm going like always.. :awesome:
but I don't find the current location any good.... =/ I kinda like old location better

I just can't wait to eat the best hibachi at Matsutake again, which located next to the hotel =)

~rh

Smash Lord
i went. . . it was fun drinking all weekend, that's basically the whole con summed up rofl

Top Bottom