• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Anime USA is happening soon. My friends from college want me to book a room for them and go with them. Dunno if it will be fun without alcohol and other peepz though... Also, I've been going to cons since uh... 2001. Yeeeah. Otakon is where it's at. Also easier access to booze since the store is only a few blocks away.

Shinku

Smash Champion
in comparison to katsu and ota, anime usa kinda sucks. not many people go cuz kids are kinda broke from spending so much at otakon or saving there money for katsukon. i mean, i love raves cuz well i mean, its obvious, but the only thing i liked about it was hanging and smashing with korn, thats pretty much it.

it does kinda beat staying at home if your bored as hell

but anime usa is better than magfest LOL

KREVA

Smash Cadet
Anime USA is happening soon. My friends from college want me to book a room for them and go with them. Dunno if it will be fun without alcohol and other peepz though... Also, I've been going to cons since uh... 2001. Yeeeah. Otakon is where it's at. Also easier access to booze since the store is only a few blocks away.
Rei, I might be going to aUSA. You and I can kick it once it happens. But yes, Otakon IS where it's at. Best con in the Beast Coast.

KREVA

Smash Cadet
I'm going anime-usa every year :o

there is nothing much to do at all.... but it's hella fun hang out with my buddies.. and eat at the japanese place
Cafeee~ if I go, lemme room with you! If you have a room that is. :3

I don't feel like commuting.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
What about Yulecon or better yet Animefest or Akon next year?
Yulecon is in November...the 20th to the 22th I believe.

But yeah just throwing that out there.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hi Shinku, get at my user title :)

Also, I'm going to update the first page soon I just need some info on some upcoming cons you're all going to.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Transliterated tapiokatii translated "tapioca tea"

Actually I may change it to ai 愛 since bubble tea is love XD

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I wanna go to AUSA....I think. Wasn't that fun last time. Did I go last time?....I.....don't....even...remember.....

Shinku

Smash Champion
if i recall you went Saturday with phil. i went Friday and just chillied with korn. ill prolly end up going just to play a little sf4, melee, and brawl ffa's. since ill have nothing else to do. and i think they have raves lol

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Yo Haley, now you're mixing anime up lol.... Love Hina in avatar, Haruhi + Clannad in sig. You seem to love school types + harem anime.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i love harem, echhi, love comedy romance, my favorite kind. action is good but to me its like i seen it once i seen it all

yeah im girly like that lmao

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I almost got my co-worker into the Love Hina manga once, which is astounding because I'm pretty that was his first time even reading. I don't think he's even learned his colors.

Top Bottom