• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
That'd honestly be pretty tight if crimson moved to irvine (with Xacius too and possibly signia too LOL)

Also, my problem with tower of god is that it's never going to end haha

:phone:

DJMirror

Smash Master
I saw Phantom Pain (The Rumor is that it's the trailer of MGS5) and it looks cool.

****ing Hideo Kojima

DJMirror

Smash Master
teaching you the jkun will risk your skill level to drop from being ok to being *** in the game I'm warning you now

JulianKaoEatsGrass

Smash Rookie
someone order a street sweeper cuz the next arcadian tournament about to be a blowout!! hope y'all vegan cuz im bout to be grazing all up on ur weak assses. I smoke 81 rolls of wheat grass per day, get at me

JDM

Smash Champion
someone order a street sweeper cuz the next arcadian tournament about to be a blowout!! hope y'all vegan cuz im bout to be grazing all up on ur weak assses. I smoke 81 rolls of wheat grass per day, get at me
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

This is probably Dave.

MacD

Banned via Administration
even though i'm texting you i'll respond here cause who gives a *bleep*

cam would let you go over if i want you to so we can play lolol

DJMirror

Smash Master
So today, I got a call for a job interview. They set up the interview at 6PM in Lake Forest (It's near The Hats) & told me to dress professionally. Their schedule for the job interview was full so this was only time I could take before I head out back home to San Jose. Problem is that I have intership from 10AM to 4PM and I don't have any clothes like dress shirts etc. So after work, went to Target and had to call my n!gg* Rei for some advices on what color to get for them. I drove home like a mad man to take a quick shower and drove off to the location. The worst part was the navigation that Cam's house crew got me made me take the El Toro exit WAY before I pass the Lake Forest Exit , then go back to the 5 South to Lake Forest Exit only to find the location one block away as I got off from Lake Forest Exit. As I parked and dash toward the building inside, I checked my phone, seeing that it was only about 5:45 I felt ok.

Suddenly, I realized one thing: I forgot my resume. I got so careless and was too distracted thinking that I had to go get clothes that I forgot the most important and yet one simple item to a job interview. I was so mad/depressed inside, I was gonna slam my head toward the wall and I really thought the world was gonna end alot sooner. I was standing near the door thinking if I should walk in and take a shot at it or just walk out and don't waste the interviewer's time. I decided that I should flip a coin: Head - I go in, Tail - I go home. As I reached my hand into my pocket, my hands was shaking and sweating like I first did at my first melee tournament. I flipped the coin after staring at it for a few seconds. As I watched the coin in the air, I was looking at it like I'm watching Neo dodging bullets in the Matrix. The coin hit the ground and it was head. I looked at it again for a few more seconds to make sure that my eyes wasn't playing tricks on me. As I opened the door, I was greeted by some Asian chick at the front desk. The first thing I noticed from her is that she's wearing a hoodie that said UC Irvine on it and blue jean. I told her my name and that I'm here for a interview. She looked at me and smiled, she told me to take a seat in the waiting room and fill out a application.

As I walked in, I saw about 13-14 people in the waiting room to get call for their turn to be interview. I took a quick peek at some of them. Everyone was older than me, not by a few years but maybe about 10+ years. I suddenly thought that there's no way in hell that I'm gonna get this job. Everyone looks like nice with their shiny watch, nice clean shoes or some gucci purse etc. Me? I'm just some kid in a white dress shirt and black dress pant with no tie (I forgot about it as well) who forgot his resume. Slowly as minutes gone by, people were getting called in one by one. Some came with smile on their face and sat back down, some look likes their mother died and went home. I was just sitting there in the corner of the room like I'm waiting for the principal to call me whenever I get in trouble when I was in elementary school.

Suddenly I heard my name and I walked up to meet the interviewer. She introducted herself as Amy Yamada. She was a short Japanese woman who looks like the age of 28 dressed in a professional manner: with the suit, high heels, scarfs etc. She told me to take a seat in her office. As soon as I sat down, the first thing I saw was many kinds of certificates: one was a degree from UCLA 2009, her certificates of promotions dating from 2004 to 2012, her certificates of employee of the year from 2005 to 2012 etc like hunters would display animal heads on the wall as their trophies. I was thinking that this person really really really worked her *** off to get all these. I felt so overwhelmed, even more nervous and crushed like bug. She first asked me for basic info like my name, where do I live, what school I'm going etc. Before she asked me for my resume or even start the main part of the interview, I told her the truth that I didn't print it out and I was short on time because of my internship and the time appointed to me, I also told her that I didn't mean to make it sound like an excuse and I could walk away from the interview, not wasting any of her time. She looked at me and smile: I instantly knew that I'm ****ed. I was preparing to walk out with my head down and gonna have to tell my mom that I didn't do the interview because I forgot one thing. I saw her move her lips to speak and everything around me was like bullet time

The first thing I heard was something that I never thought it would happen. "That's ok, don't worry about it." I was mind****ed. Mind****ed to the point where I first got dc'd by Kira's Falco. As the interview kept going, she was asking what was my experiences, what are my strengths and weaknesses etc. I tried my best to answer them as clearly as possible since I was still nervous/mind****ed. Soon she asked me to sit out in the waiting room with the others. When I sat down, I was telling myself that I still might have a chance! I looked at the room and saw 6 people out of the 13 people that was waiting before. She said the remaining of us were given a presentation of what the company is, what it does, what it sells and whats the position etc. She mention that we were being tested depending on our answers based on certain situations. The presentation was fine but the worst was the fact that she kept looking at me and making me answer like 50% of the questions. I didn't have time to think and answer them logically as possible. I answered them to the best of my ability.

After 45 minutes of it, she told us that she's gonna review our applications and call us in to see if we were accepted or not. I heard the older people: talking about how they need this job to pay their bills, pay their babysitters, child support etc. Me? I'm just a 24 years old man living with his aunt, working on a nonpay internship while going to school. I don't pay bills or anything (Used to tho when I was working) but I do need to make some $$$ so that I don't have my parents worrying about me and sending me money. If you know me, I hate being in debt to people....To me, it's one of the worst feelings in the world. I was the last one to get called in, Amy looked at me and smiled. Amy wanted another interview since I don't have my resume. She asked me what is my goal in school and how does this company help achieve it. She told me to think hard and long about it before I say anything. To me, this is the easiest question to answer because I somehow knew instantly: My goal is to be a graphic designer and with this company job experience on customer service: I'll be able to talk/work with coworkers & customers on a more solid understanding to produce results. The ability to work with both side without compensating either side. That I'll think of win/win situations instead of win/lose and lose/lose. To look for a long/effective long term goals than quick, easy short term goals. Amy's expression was like "WTF?" After a few seconds of quietness, she reached out her hand and said "Congratulation, you have been accepted to this company" As I shook her hand, she told me that the reasons why I got accepted was able to be honest, able to respond on certain situations decently (Said that I have some areas I need to improve), that I was pretty clear on what I want to do, shows that I have characters (I was just being quiet and reserve which I don't understand but it was just BS talk) She gave me her card, the training schedule etc. Before I left, she asked me what do I do for fun. I said that I just hang out with some friends, grab lunch or dinner, watch movies etc. She said cool and looking forward in working with me in the near future. I sat down in my car for 30 minutes, staring at my steering wheeling, trying to comprehend what just happen.

I just went home, slept for 2 hours, woke up with the urge to write this and I still couldn't believe what happen.

TL;TR I forgot my resume on a job interview, flipped a coin to see if I should go in or not, went in and got interviewed twice and got the job. Sadly the pay is based on commission.

Remember kids: Don't forget your resume.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Holy **** jason, good stuff! Easy to tell how much it meant to you based on the sheer amount you wrote.

hahahaha welcome to adulthood d1p****

did you figure out dancings fun too and that girls have ****?
LOL, **** you Oscar

Also, a few things guys

1. Managed to find a venue for the next G-rev anyway. (Still looking for a venue for the arcadian tournament though, so throw me some ideas if you have any)

2. Y'all should play 3Years (Aric). He just moved here along with another smasher. He's old skooool and thus pretty good. Coincidentally he's also one of the guys from the $160 project M crew battle LOL. But yeah, I suggest you guys hit him up

3. Rob when do you come back?

4. Ryan, you came over and forgot to get your melee disc back on the way out LOLLLL

5. Other Ryan, can you host a smashfest anytime soon if possible? I'm pretty sure classes are over for everyone, unless you're busy with something else too

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og LOLLOLOLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Top Bottom