• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Incronaut

Smash Ace
thank god my last blatantly homo post was ignored

this will be the first time i'll ever have remembered my calculator for an econ test EVER, so i'll be celebrating on the inside (assuming i do bring it with me -_-)

there are so many cool smashers i don't know.

I play pokeymanz.
ahaha i love you spenser!... i just got HG and am playing.. i also noticed youre on the shoddy thread that no one goes to anymore.. i recently got into competitive and my standard team is actually pretty **** (to me at least :D) so im happy with it for now :p (although i do want someone with specs)

and macd, i was just saying one of those really old "if he dies, i call his stereo!" jokes that some people dont find funny cause its understandable...

i like the teams idea

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ahaha i love you spenser!... i just got HG and am playing.. i also noticed youre on the shoddy thread that no one goes to anymore.. i recently got into competitive and my standard team is actually pretty **** (to me at least :D) so im happy with it for now :p (although i do want someone with specs)

and macd, i was just saying one of those really old "if he dies, i call his stereo!" jokes that some people dont find funny cause its understandable...

i like the teams idea
shoddy is too good

I swear over half of modesto plays shoddy too LOL

I want HG so badly, but if I buy it now I know I'm just going to play it all day long...

that teams idea is great, but I have lame-*** packing+laundry johns for this friday. Plus I seriously want to clean my room...it's getting kind of awful in here.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
man at times like this i wish i had a ds

just to play the remake of 2nd gen pokemon

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shoddy is too good

I swear over half of modesto plays shoddy too LOL

I want HG so badly, but if I buy it now I know I'm just going to play it all day long...

that teams idea is great, but I have lame-*** packing+laundry johns for this friday. Plus I seriously want to clean my room...it's getting kind of awful in here.
Yeah but Okami is coming

OKAMI IS COMING

DJMirror

Smash Master
Umm, just let me know when you want to do stuff, I'm free most of the time.
My schedule is more open than it is full.
It's hard for me cuz of work and stuff. it's up to stab since he's have the stuff to do it

implying I'm a troll and that I troll...?
I don't get it. haha

jcoon ya a foo ya kno dat?
I was joking around but after looking back at it, i sound too way serious

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I like the teams idea. We did that on my first tournament in January and it worked really well. We usually only have 4 teams enter and they do a bracket. But then, we did free doubles round robin and got 9 teams. This last tournament, we also did a doubles round robin with $4 per team entry and still got 9 teams with a $36 winner takes all. It was really good. I just wouldn't suggest doing a full on $10 entry unless you're sure that a lot of people will enter.

Also, I just recently got into Shoddy as well about a month and a half ago. I like it a lot. It actually makes Pokemon a competitive game as Sirlin defines competitive because it puts everyone on an equal playing field to start with. Everyone has the same advantages and resources to choose from. It isn't about who puts the most time into it. A bad person cannot use a good person's team and then expect to win every single match.

Anyways, anyone (JDM perhaps?) know a good emulator/ROM for Pokemon HG or SS? I don't mind if the whole thing is in Japanese, because I can read some of it to begin with (like the moves) and I've played the versions R, B, G (Japanese), Y, G, S, Ruby, Em, Plat, Stadium, Snap, and Shoddy; so assuming they didn't change the game to like Star Wars or some other franchise, I'd be able to understand the mechanics even without any dialogue.

I used No$GBA to emulate Platinum and it worked really well aside from a few small little graphical things: At the beginning of the fight for about 10 frames, the opponent's pokemon would be like seeing double vision slightly and then straighten out; Every little once in a while black spots would appear at certain parts of the map, like when I would go up the elevator at the Veilstone department store, there would be a black triangle on the opposite side of the screen. But overall, it worked as well as an actual legitimate game. I tried a HG and a SS ROM on the same emulator and it would work perfectly up until Professor Oak stopped speaking and it would go to my house. All it would do is play the music...At any rate, could anyone suggest a good ROM or perhaps a different emulator to run it?

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg wall of text

jason you are ******** and need to stop trying to be the "cool" hard*** or whatever the hell it is you are trying to do

Kira-

Smash Champion
seriously jason we all know you're not like that

who are you trying to fool?

it's hard because this is only going to make him more insecure and probably try even harder to look like he's bad *** but if we don't say it then he'll never be okay with himself

Incronaut

Smash Ace

it's hard because this is only going to make him more insecure and probably try even harder to look like he's bad *** but if we don't say it then he'll never be okay with himself
are you guys talking irl or on the boards? (or both?)

if i knew him better i may or may not say something, but since i dont know him too well i dont have any right :p

edit: speaking of which, and i hope this doesnt sound bad, but i find it amusing (and intimidating) sometimes cause on the boards JDM has very strong willed and stern things to say, but irl he's soft spoken and such, and sometimes irl i wonder what he's really thinking because of the two different persepectives of these.. (if that makes sense) but once again what the **** do i know AMIRIGHT!?

DJMirror

Smash Master

ok ok i'll stop ****ing around i'm sorry

are you guys talking irl or on the boards? (or both?)

if i knew him better i may or may not say something, but since i dont know him too well i dont have any right :p
Chris

on the board you fool

Kira-

Smash Champion
i think it's both

anyway let's just ignore that for now

jdm is "strong willed" in person, you just haven't heard it

MacD

lol "it's called shut the **** up" definantely the only time i can remember jdm being "strong willed" in person

and i just finished the practice test spenser, i missed like 6 cause i'm stupid and read the curve wrong or soemthing, i always get the umemployment mixed up, like i know the answer is low, but i pick the low point on the graph which is wrong :/ other then that i'm good to go i feel, only missed like 2 others but now i know what to do

EDIT:

jays0nnn (3:28:23 PM): sorry for saying "**** you *******" i'll keep it down
mctothecain (3:29:02 PM): wow
mctothecain (3:29:08 PM): i just read that
jays0nnn (3:29:11 PM): i'm sorry
mctothecain (3:29:11 PM): ... just wow
jays0nnn (3:29:11 PM): =(
jays0nnn (3:29:17 PM): sorry
jays0nnn (3:29:47 PM): I'm sorry i shouldn't say that
jays0nnn (3:33:05 PM): macd! i"m osryr
jays0nnn (3:33:06 PM): *sorry
mctothecain (3:33:16 PM): lol
jays0nnn (3:33:20 PM): i'm sorry
jays0nnn (3:33:23 PM): =(
mctothecain (3:33:39 PM): it's alright
jays0nnn (3:33:52 PM): you can punch me in person
jays0nnn (3:33:57 PM): when you see me at NSH
mctothecain (3:33:58 PM): lol wtf
jays0nnn (3:33:59 PM): or at cam

awwwwww

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
uh.................lmao mccain

and thanks ernesto, i came back home just because i did forget it. now hopefully i won't forget it when i go back on campus before the final ^_^

also i tried the practice midterm before i read the book...bad idea. i got some horrible score but now i'm reading and it should be ok XD

MacD

ewwwww you read the book?

i didn't buy it, i only use the online one sometimes

i get all my info from the power points!!!

only time i use the book is if i don't understand something or the aplia question wasn't explained in the power point

JDM

Smash Champion
Nope. When did that happen?

1:JDM
2:Okami (Special Guest)
3: Rei
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11: Justin/Justin's Friend
12: Signia
13: Gsub
14: Stab

UCI Players get priority this week because of midterms and such.

We will be doing some sort of tournament thing as Rob suggested. Please post up suggestions on what we should do. I prefer something out of the ordinary like those doubles you people mentioned earlier.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
guess what I forgot for my econ midterm? lol ****it....at least I didn't really need it, but I still feel like a *******.

MacD

lol wow, good stuff

but yea there was one problem you needed it and only barely

i'd like to come on friday jdm, rei would you like a ride? when are you free, i'm free all day

Top Bottom